ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Emergency Travel Document

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alipeer
inactive
Pakistan

Emergency Travel Document

Post by Alipeer » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:11 am

I have a baby and wife in the UK. I have applied FLR(m) for my wife but have not booked appointment for finger prints/docs yet. I have a british born baby( he has Pak passport and id card) and i was planning to apply MN1 form for my kid (as i have recently received ILR).

There is an emergency back home and we have to travel back home. What options are available for me to travel back with wife and kid.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Emergency Travel Document

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:01 am

Alipeer wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:11 am
I have a baby and wife in the UK. I have applied FLR(m) for my wife but have not booked appointment for finger prints/docs yet. I have a british born baby( he has Pak passport and id card) and i was planning to apply MN1 form for my kid (as i have recently received ILR).

There is an emergency back home and we have to travel back home. What options are available for me to travel back with wife and kid.
If their visas haven't yet expired then may withdraw their applications.

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Alipeer
inactive
Pakistan

Post by Alipeer » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:06 am

Their visas have been expired.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:27 am

Alipeer wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:06 am
Their visas have been expired.
In that case if they travel outside of UK then would have to reapply from scratch from abroad and their current application would be treated as withdrawn. Try to get enrolled their biometrics as quickly as possible where you can add a covering letter requesting to expedite your case owing to your state of emergency. Maybe that miraculously works.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Alipeer
inactive
Pakistan

Post by Alipeer » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:19 am

Thank you for suggesting this. Just to clarify that i am readybto withdraw application for my wife.

I know my wife can travel back with withdrawn application but how my kid can travel back?

Because i have not started any application for my kid yet. I was going to apply mn1 for my kid. (The rule is uk born can remain in the UK without applying visa) . Now my kid does not have any pending application, only pak passport. But at airport, they will ask either brp/withdrawn application while travelling back.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:52 pm

Alipeer wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:19 am
I know my wife can travel back with withdrawn application but how my kid can travel back?
I don't think she can. She will likely have to apply for entry clearance and start her immigration journey from scratch. But wait for others to advise further on this point.
Alipeer wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:19 am
Because i have not started any application for my kid yet. I was going to apply mn1 for my kid. (The rule is uk born can remain in the UK without applying visa) . Now my kid does not have any pending application, only pak passport. But at airport, they will ask either brp/withdrawn application while travelling back.
Be aware that if the MN1 application is successful while your child is abroad, British first child passports applications from the Sub-continent can take six months to a year.

And Emergency Travel Documents (ETD) are only issued to people who have already held a British passport in the past. If you naturalise or register or otherwise acquire British citizenship abroad, you must apply for a British passport or a CoE-RoA in an existing non-British passport. An ETD is not an option.

You will be looking at the forthcoming year being entangled with immigration procedures and paperwork. Plan carefully and wisely.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Alipeer
inactive
Pakistan

Post by Alipeer » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:34 pm

Thabk you for reply. I think i have not explained it clearly. When i say, travel back (i mean travel to pakistan).

How can my baby travel to pakistan without having any documents (all i have is passport/id card for my kid).

When immegration officer at airport checks , what can i provide for my kid (birth certificate from uk?) He will definitely going to ask how your kid is staying in the UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:08 pm

You don't need a visa to LEAVE the UK. Just the passport

You need a visa or British passport to RE-ENTER the UK and board a plane abroad
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alipeer
inactive
Pakistan

Post by Alipeer » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:13 pm

Thank you @CR001

I understand that i dont need visa to leave UK but at airport (when they arrive in Pak) those guys do ask about brp. What will be the answer when they ask on which basis you were staying in UK.

For my wife, i could say: withdrawn application
For my baby: what could be explanation because my kid has only pak passport.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:17 pm

Alipeer wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:13 pm
Thank you @CR001

I understand that i dont need visa to leave UK but at airport (when they arrive in Pak) those guys do ask about brp. What will be the answer when they ask on which basis you were staying in UK.

Then you explain same thing you did earlier that child born in UK to be registered via MN1 does not require to have a visa to be in UK.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:41 pm

Alipeer wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:13 pm
Thank you @CR001

What if someone looses the BRP in the plane? As long your kid has a Pakistani passport, no one can deny him/her entry in Pakistan.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sam550

Post by sam550 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:29 am

I travelled to Pakistan many times and never been asked to provide BRP on entry, they usually ask on exit from Pakistan. If they ask you to show Child’s BRP it means they are either incompetent or corrupt.