ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 months visiting studentship not require ATAS

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hooman_gt
Newly Registered
Iran

6 months visiting studentship not require ATAS

Post by hooman_gt » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:02 pm

Dear All,
I have arranged to join a research group (my host) for 6 months in the UK. I got financial support from my university in Iran to spend 6 months in the UK.
My host will send me the invitation letter to start the visa process in January 2021, and they asked me which type of visa do you prefer?
As I have checked the visa types I know Tier 5 visa and short term study visa are possible for me. I need to know which one does not require ATAS certificate?
If you any visa type which does not need ATAS certificate please info me.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: 6 months visiting studentship not require ATAS

Post by sah10406 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:27 am

hooman_gt wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:02 pm
As I have checked the visa types I know Tier 5 visa and short term study visa are possible for me.
I don't know which part of Tier 5 you are thinking of, but a short-term study visa is for English language study for up to 11 months. You would need a Standard Visitor visa. See https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa
hooman_gt wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:02 pm
I need to know which one does not require ATAS certificate?
If you any visa type which does not need ATAS certificate please info me.
There is no such visa. ATAS is a security clearance, so it would be perverse if there was a type of visa that allowed someone to get around this requirement.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.