ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form 8 Naturalisation form was updated in November

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mads32
Ireland

Form 8 Naturalisation form was updated in November

Post by mads32 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:22 pm

Just a warning since I was surprised by this today.

The Form 8 - Application by a person of full age, including ‘young adult’ was updated to a new version in November. So if you were like me and had everything filled in the previous version (January 20) I think you gonna have to fill everything again in this new version.

The only difference I can see at first hand is that they added a new requirement:

11. As and from the 23rd November 2020 all adult applicants for a certificate of
naturalisation are required to have an up to date tax clearance certificate.
For applicants resident in the State a Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) is a written
confirmation from Revenue that a person's tax affairs are in order at the date of issue
of the certificate and applications can be made online to the Revenue electronic Tax
Clearance (eTC) system. The necessary information to use this service is available
on the Revenue website at https://www.revenue.ie/en/onlineservice ... ngetc.aspx You should provide the Tax Clearance Access Number (TCAN) issued to
you or print and provide a copy of the certificate.
For applicants who reside outside the State, a TCC is required or where this service
may not be available by the relevant Revenue authorities then confirmation of tax
compliance in the relevant jurisdiction from the Revenue authority is required.

And the page numbers changed.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Form 8 Naturalisation form was updated in November

Post by johnpromise01 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:54 pm

mads32 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:22 pm
Just a warning since I was surprised by this today.

The Form 8 - Application by a person of full age, including ‘young adult’ was updated to a new version in November. So if you were like me and had everything filled in the previous version (January 20) I think you gonna have to fill everything again in this new version.

The only difference I can see at first hand is that they added a new requirement:

11. As and from the 23rd November 2020 all adult applicants for a certificate of
naturalisation are required to have an up to date tax clearance certificate.
For applicants resident in the State a Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) is a written
confirmation from Revenue that a person's tax affairs are in order at the date of issue
of the certificate and applications can be made online to the Revenue electronic Tax
Clearance (eTC) system. The necessary information to use this service is available
on the Revenue website at https://www.revenue.ie/en/onlineservice ... ngetc.aspx You should provide the Tax Clearance Access Number (TCAN) issued to
you or print and provide a copy of the certificate.
For applicants who reside outside the State, a TCC is required or where this service
may not be available by the relevant Revenue authorities then confirmation of tax

And the page numbers changed.
What of other pages in the form that didn't require changes by the department. For instance the references page. What if I've already completed the references page and there is no single changes on the old and new update one?

I think page 1 & 2 are the only pages updated and can be printed separately to replace the old page 1 & 2 of already completed by any applicant?

mads32
Ireland

Post by mads32 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:12 pm

I think the problem is with the page numbers. The 3 irish references pages are now in different pages (29-30 instead of 30-31) so I don't think you can re-use them (It's dumb I know but I wouldn't take my chances). I'm gonna print up everything again in the new version and pray they don't change this again until February (which is when I'm applying).

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:14 pm

mads32 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:12 pm
I think the problem is with the page numbers. The 3 irish references pages are now in different pages (29-30 instead of 30-31) so I don't think you can re-use them (It's dumb I know but I wouldn't take my chances). I'm gonna print up everything again in the new version and pray they don't change this again until February (which is when I'm applying).

Oh I see. Thanks. I think the new minister for justice really know what she's doing... Changing unnecessary laws, doing brilliantly as it is...

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:28 pm

If the statutory declaration was done before the new form comes out, you do not need to fill in another application.

If you won’t submit your application until Feb, there is no point printing the application out and filling them in now. There is fairly a big chance that they will change it again due to Brexit issues.

nandipaty
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by nandipaty » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:02 am

I recently applied for naturalization on the basis of Spouse, incidentally I applied on 24th of November with older form, our references and statutory declaration signatures are between 1st and 10 of November.
please let us know if my application going to impact with the new form 8

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:40 am

No

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:49 pm

I just hope they won't change the form again in February 2021 :D

nandipaty
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by nandipaty » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:27 am

littlerr wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:40 am
No
Thanks

roamingbee
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by roamingbee » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:03 pm

So I'm applying from Northern Ireland, and I'm a bit confused by this part:

From what I understand you can get a TCC even if you're non-resident in the Republic of Ireland, which is fine. But I'm confused if I need both the TCC and a certificate from HMRC(UK tax body). HMRC doesn't issue these types of certificates, so I would be pretty screwed if this was required.

I'm not sure from the wording if getting a non-resident TCC is enough?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:28 pm

Unless you work in the Republic of Ireland, you don’t need a TCC issued by the Republic of Ireland. As you are a UK resident, you will need a written document from HMRC proving that you are tax-compliant.

See link below.

https://community.hmrc.gov.uk/forums/cu ... 155d9c6b78

roamingbee
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by roamingbee » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:57 pm

Unfortunately, the HMRC admins through that link suggested 5 different ways to get the equivalent documentation. And none of the ways make any sense(one using a double-taxation treaty, another using a corporation tax document?). I'll probably have to just call them and hope for the best.