ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

azLondon2020
United States of America

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by azLondon2020 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:45 pm

Hi All,

I have noticed that some people have said that once they enrolled their biometrics and documents with UKVACS they received an email/text confirming it. I never received anything like this. I was told in person by UKVACS that my biometrics and documents had been submitted to the HO.

I am now seeing Nov Tier 2 ILR Set (O) applicants get answers quicker than my timeline and I am getting really worried that something might be missing or wrong because I never got the confirmation text/email. Is there any way to check?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:48 pm

azLondon2020 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:45 pm
Hi All,

I have noticed that some people have said that once they enrolled their biometrics and documents with UKVACS they received an email/text confirming it. I never received anything like this. I was told in person by UKVACS that my biometrics and documents had been submitted to the HO.

I am now seeing Nov Tier 2 ILR Set (O) applicants get answers quicker than my timeline and I am getting really worried that something might be missing or wrong because I never got the confirmation text/email. Is there any way to check?

Thanks
They paid £2 (if I am correct?) for the service. Even some who paid did not receive it. SMS service is a waste.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

gk777

Post by gk777 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:06 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:16 pm
poper wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:09 pm
ajitu92 wrote: August Set LR:

Total number of applications: 79
Decision received: 66
Outstanding applications (yet to receive decision): 13

Breakdown of outstanding August Set LR applications (by date of application):
9th August = 1
20th August = 1
21st August =2
22nd August = 1
25th August = 1
26th August = 1
27th August = 1
29th August = 2
31st August = 3
Thanks for the stats @ajitu92.
Given by the current pace, UKVI may take another 2-3 weeks atleast to clear out August applications. So, thats 2020 gone
Yup, looks/sounds like it. The despair is making a return, unless there's a Christmas miracle next week and they at least start dipping into post 29th August and early Sept applicants.
Some of the applicants might not have updated their approval status/timeline. So the above data might not reflect the actual status.
I think we should expect the august applicants to clear out by end of next week. Fingers crossed.

schen
Panama

Post by schen » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:35 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:43 pm
I hope and wish you both get approved before 20th Dec!!
Many thanks CULLINAN!

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:41 pm

gk777 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:06 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:16 pm
poper wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:09 pm
ajitu92 wrote: August Set LR:

Total number of applications: 79
Decision received: 66
Outstanding applications (yet to receive decision): 13

Breakdown of outstanding August Set LR applications (by date of application):
9th August = 1
20th August = 1
21st August =2
22nd August = 1
25th August = 1
26th August = 1
27th August = 1
29th August = 2
31st August = 3
Thanks for the stats @ajitu92.
Given by the current pace, UKVI may take another 2-3 weeks atleast to clear out August applications. So, thats 2020 gone
Yup, looks/sounds like it. The despair is making a return, unless there's a Christmas miracle next week and they at least start dipping into post 29th August and early Sept applicants.
Some of the applicants might not have updated their approval status/timeline. So the above data might not reflect the actual status.
I think we should expect the august applicants to clear out by end of next week. Fingers crossed.
I thought about that too, but not much I can do about that. I'm working on the reported data and not assumptions, so only reporting what's there.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:41 pm

schen wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:35 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Many thanks CULLINAN!
Thank you @CULLINAN!

And yes, @schen, we're both early Sept. applicants!
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:28 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:41 pm
schen wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Many thanks CULLINAN!
Thank you @CULLINAN!

If your BRP is valid, I assume you check your RTW website also? Just in case good to check. I think you guys are next in line now.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

schen
Panama

Post by schen » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:56 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:28 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
schen wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Many thanks CULLINAN!
Thank you @CULLINAN!

If your BRP is valid, I assume you check your RTW website also? Just in case good to check. I think you guys are next in line now.
Yeah, thanks for the reminder @CULLINAN. Just checked and it shows my current BRP (valid until 2022). Will check daily from now on. :)

Amy_R88

Post by Amy_R88 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:43 am

jamd12 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:46 am
Amy_R88 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:51 am
I sent complaint to home office (just to see what response I get) as 26 July set LR applicant. Reply that i received stated that case is still in queue and would remain there until assigned. Anf thats in date order. I don't really understand why it hasn't been assigned or picked yet as those who applied after me has got their approvals. Is that a generic response or if its specific its already 5th month. What would you advise?
Hi Amy_R88, that. sounds like quite an odd response from them, I feel its generic, as they would have 100% assigned your case to someone...
I'm still waiting over here too.. I believe its us 2 and maybe 1 more person in SET LR July?
I just hope we get it before X-mas... what do you think?
I wish that too. Hope to get approval before Christmas, otherwise it may be delayed until Jan/Feb. Tired of waiting. 😒 Good luck to us.

azLondon2020
United States of America

Post by azLondon2020 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:26 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:48 pm
azLondon2020 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks
They paid £2 (if I am correct?) for the service. Even some who paid did not receive it. SMS service is a waste.
Thanks CULLINAN, I didn't pay for the SMS service. Is there any way to check that the HO has received my documents? I finished my biometrics and also did document scanning at my biometrics appt in person.

jvjroop
Mood:

Post by jvjroop » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:27 am

azLondon2020 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks
Hi azLondon
i also have similar timelines like urs, application on 1 Nov and biometric on 13th. I was also wondering after seeing 4th and 6th nov applicants getting decisions. As discussed in this forum, it seems depends on the case worker. Hope we too receive a descsion this week ! apart from seeing that all documents 'submitted' status i too dont have anyother confirmation with UKVCAS.
Cheers

wrongtime17

Post by wrongtime17 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:34 am

Unable to get any appointments in dec 2020 anywhere in uk for enrolment of Biometrics.
is everyone facing the same issues or myself only. just wondering, can you please help me.

azLondon2020
United States of America

Post by azLondon2020 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:41 am

raj_262920 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:27 am
azLondon2020 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks
Hi azLondon
i also have similar timelines like urs, application on 1 Nov and biometric on 13th. I was also wondering after seeing 4th and 6th nov applicants getting decisions. As discussed in this forum, it seems depends on the case worker. Hope we too receive a descsion this week ! apart from seeing that all documents 'submitted' status i too dont have anyother confirmation with UKVCAS.
Cheers
Hi @raj_262920

Thanks for your reply. I do hope the end of waiting is near for us both. I get paranoid that I have not done something right when I see others getting responses before me and I submitted before.

Did you upload your docs on UKVACS website or only in person? I only brought my docs in-person and paid extra for doc scanning.

Also where on the UKVACS website can you check the 'submitted status'?

Thanks

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:50 am

wrongtime17 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:34 am
Unable to get any appointments in dec 2020 anywhere in uk for enrolment of Biometrics.
is everyone facing the same issues or myself only. just wondering, can you please help me.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/suspension-o ... l#p1967895
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

jvjroop
Mood:

Post by jvjroop » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:56 am

azLondon2020 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:41 am
raj_262920 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:27 am
azLondon2020 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks
Hi azLondon
Cheers
Hi @raj_262920

Thanks for your reply. I do hope the end of waiting is near for us both. I get paranoid that I have not done something right when I see others getting responses before me and I submitted before.

Did you upload your docs on UKVACS website or only in person? I only brought my docs in-person and paid extra for doc scanning.

Also where on the UKVACS website can you check the 'submitted status'?

Thanks
Hi azLondon
i self uploaded and submitted some documents. i also uploaded documents later which were submitted during the appointement. If you login to your UKVCAS account and in the document upload section, all the documents should show 'submitted'.
Thanks

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:04 am

CULLINAN wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
schen wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Many thanks CULLINAN!
Thank you @CULLINAN!

Yes, sir. I have one eye on the RTW website constantly...checking at least twice a day :lol:

jbharatrhodes
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by jbharatrhodes » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:25 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:04 am
CULLINAN wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
schen wrote:

Many thanks CULLINAN!
Thank you @CULLINAN!

Yes, sir. I have one eye on the RTW website constantly...checking at least twice a day :lol:
Hello ajitu92 and @CULLINAN,

Any idea how earlier will our status at RTW be updated before we get a confirmation email from HO?

Thanks

penguinexpress
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by penguinexpress » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:36 am

wrongtime17 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:34 am
Hey just to add I am also searching for available slots near London area.

There are slots available in December in Newcastle/Sunderland area (all slots are chargable ones), if you can travel there might worth a go..

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:44 am

azLondon2020 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks
Dont worry. I think HO hasn't been very consistent but havent seen anyone facing an issue on the documentation side. If something is missing, you would get a call/eMail. There are Set O IDVs from September pending, then there are Set O physical bio October applications [Mine is 14OCt] as well. Dont know why November applications are being processed TBH. Best of luck anyways.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

azLondon2020
United States of America

Post by azLondon2020 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:52 am

Thanks @avkant & @raj_262920 for your replies.

I have checked on the UKVCAS website and it says my docs were submitted...

I was getting worried that I uploaded and didn't submit correctly. I get paranoid and worried when I see ILR Set (O) Nov applicants getting answers when mine is still pending. I do hope it is any day now that I hear back....

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:59 am

jbharatrhodes wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:25 am
ajitu92 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:04 am
CULLINAN wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:

Thank you @CULLINAN!

Hello ajitu92 and @CULLINAN,

Any idea how earlier will our status at RTW be updated before we get a confirmation email from HO?

Thanks
There isn't a specified timeframe but RTW only updates after the decision has been made. Can be anywhere between a few hours to a day or so, or can even happen in conjunction with receiving the approval email. Nothing specific, unfortunately.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:04 am

navkant wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:44 am
azLondon2020 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks
Dont worry. I think HO hasn't been very consistent but havent seen anyone facing an issue on the documentation side. If something is missing, you would get a call/eMail. There are Set O IDVs from September pending, then there are Set O physical bio October applications [Mine is 14OCt] as well. Dont know why November applications are being processed TBH. Best of luck anyways.
Have you heard anything from HO @navkant , anything about delay etc.? I take you and I are the only ones (reported on this forum) left from October (with dependents on the application). I am past the worried stage now. I am thinking what happens if it is past 6 months. I have seen people questioning HO and getting a 'Dunno when we will process your application, when we do you will know" type answers well after 6 months.

A2A
Newly Registered
China

Post by A2A » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:40 am

I just received approval email (Set LR, applied on 26 Aug) from HO.Hope the rest Aug applicants can have good news soon. This forum gives me very useful information and mental support!!Thank you everyone.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:42 am

A2A wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:40 am
I just received approval email (Set LR, applied on 26 Aug) from HO.Hope the rest Aug applicants can have good news soon. This forum gives me very useful information and mental support!!Thank you everyone.
Congratulations! 🎉🎊

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:44 am

A2A wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:40 am
Congrats @A2A
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.