ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tier1_Queries

Applications considerd - Applied till 22nd August

Post by Tier1_Queries » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:36 pm

I managed to speak to a CC Agent today and he said applications received untill 22nd August are being reviewed.

But when i asked him to get connected to the case worker dealing with my case, i was not allowed. The reason he said was, if in case of any further clarification needed for my case, the case
worker will write to me or contact me.

but i have read in this forum that some guys who applied in the month of may and june, infact were allowed to speak to their case worker. why it is not so now? Just wondering why? !!!!...

tier1 man
Newly Registered

Post by tier1 man » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:43 pm

Called up Home office today, they are considering the applications received on 21st Aug 2008.

justice122

Post by justice122 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:52 pm

Well regarding the public funds thing, i and sooo many other people who applied in june or before august 8th werent asked to do this. never heard anyone saying they have been asked to write a letter of this kind. I have no idea why did they ask you, i mean if u never claimed anything then you will be alright i guess. dnt worry.

Its been a month thaugh since u sent in the info., they shuld have contacted u by now, never mind wait till next week anyways when 14 weeks are up.

well cant do much mate in our aituation, just gotta wait i guess.
binzub wrote:Well, they wrote to my solicitor on 19th august asking to confirm if i claim any public funds. Which I dont and never did. Wrote it and sent it by letter (by me) and fax (by solicitor) to HO on 22nd august (day the solicitor received the letter). I am still questioning myself as to why they requested such an information. Why did they not ask for anything else about the application? Is there something wrong?

My case is complicated in a way. I am too old apparently now being 22. Wont bore anyone with it. Any suggestion welcomed about why public funds....

Moreover, Do note when application was sent using the old form in June, the section about public funds is one line question (i think). But in August, a whole section dedicated to these. Am i correct?

WP-T1*
Newly Registered

Post by WP-T1* » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:28 pm

Hi, I m going to apply for T1 next week, currently I am a Work Permit Holder. Now I have two enquiries, it is much appreciated if anyone who applied WP-T1 let me know how to fill in the two question on the application form please?

1) B10. Home Office reference number(s) - if known
Do I need to fill in the Home Office Ref No. of my Work Permit?

2) K1. Please provide details of the higher education, vocational or professional qualification for which the application is claiming points:

As for the 'Grade', I have my Master degree in UK, my average is 62, but it could not be Merit, what shall I fill in then? Is 'Pass' correct?

Thanks very much!

Nam777
Newly Registered

Post by Nam777 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:34 am

I checked docs and find out that Approvel date was 11th Sept Stamping Date 15th Sept

Any news guys?
Nam777 wrote:Dear All,

I got my and my dependant passport this morning, Tier1 approved till 11 Sept 2011
I didn't see it my self yet so I'm not sure what is approval date...
Please see below

From WP - Tier1 (with dependant) from UK
9 Jun 08 Appln Sent
10 Jun 08 HO Recd.
10 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd.
UT 5 Sept 08 (Reason for UT is Commencing Employment with contract attached) - not sure if accepted
Docs received - 17 Sept 08
Status - Approved till 11 Sept 2011

Justice122 I believe you will recieve your documents thiss week too. It's look like HO cleaning all outstanding applications from June now...

I wish the good luck to everyone

Regards

justice122 wrote:Sent an email 5 days ago and after waiting for well over 3 months after applying for tier-1 .....................

got this ( Copy and paste) reply today.................. :arrow:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you for your enquiry regarding your Tier 1 (General) application.

Having checked our records, your case is still under consideration. I am unable to advise how long the case will take to complete, each case is assessed on it’s own merits.

Once a decision has been made on your application, any documents and accompanying decision letter will be returned to your specified address by post or other agreed delivery method."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wht is going on my GOD............. :?:

I am getting Crazy............ :oops:

justice122

HI

Post by justice122 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:23 am

Guys ............ here is a scenario, see if someone can throw any light on this!

I just read this on another forum, one person who applied from within UK under tier-1 in May08 and is still waiting, called up the CW direct line given to him by his friend. CW who is not dealing with his case picked up the phone, this guy then asked him about the status of the application and he put him on hold for sometime and came back and said " case will be decided before 30th of september and he shall recieve his docs before 10th october, When u recieve your docs- READ THEM CAREFULLY. "

Now what does that supposed to mean that " read ur Papers carefully when u recieve them " ??

Is it good sign or bad?

Just curious.............

regards

june20

Post by june20 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:43 am

Thats means that nobody has looked into your case before 5th sep.It is only after u sent UT they started processing.And your application was lying in HO from 9th june to 5th sep. I think same is the case with my application nobody is bothered to look into it.They are randomly processing the application without any order.God help us

Tier1_Queries

Post by Tier1_Queries » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:09 am

In your current work permit at the top right corner, there will be
reference numbers listed out. That is your home office reference number.

2) K1. Please provide details of the higher education, vocational or professional qualification for which the application is claiming points:

I think you can mention as 1st Class as you have scored more than 60%. You can go by the grade standards of the university you studied.

WP-T1* wrote:Hi, I m going to apply for T1 next week, currently I am a Work Permit Holder. Now I have two enquiries, it is much appreciated if anyone who applied WP-T1 let me know how to fill in the two question on the application form please?

As for the 'Grade', I have my Master degree in UK, my average is 62, but it could not be Merit, what shall I fill in then? Is 'Pass' correct?

Thanks very much!

justice122

Post by justice122 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:59 am

June20,

It can be wht u r saying in Nam777's case or it can also be the case that they acted on his UT request and processed it quicker. can only hope wht u are saying is right and sooner or later they will decide to process our cases as well. I applied around the sametime as u, Only god knows whts happening. the worst bit is that we have no clue whts going on?? Completely helpless situation. Hope fully this long wait will bring sweet results at the end. :)
june20 wrote:Thats means that nobody has looked into your case before 5th sep.It is only after u sent UT they started processing.And your application was lying in HO from 9th june to 5th sep. I think same is the case with my application nobody is bothered to look into it.They are randomly processing the application without any order.God help us

june20

Post by june20 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:55 am

Well in my case iam 100% sure that they have not started processing my case.Because I have not filled in the public funds question in my application form. Some how missed it. And they either mail or call if somebody has not filled in this question.Till date i have not received anything from them.Which points to one thing that they have not even looked at my case.

Wait and more wait...............Hope it will end soon.

justice122

Post by justice122 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:21 am

U can never be 100% sure with HO. may be wht u r saying is right ..................
june20 wrote:Well in my case iam 100% sure that they have not started processing my case.Because I have not filled in the public funds question in my application form. Some how missed it. And they either mail or call if somebody has not filled in this question.Till date i have not received anything from them.Which points to one thing that they have not even looked at my case.

Wait and more wait...............Hope it will end soon.

june20

Post by june20 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:32 pm

dont know mate.Its all over my head now. Iam deeply fustrated. I cant do anything until i receive my docs. Everything is stand still.

justice122

Post by justice122 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:19 pm

june20 wrote:dont know mate.Its all over my head now. Iam deeply fustrated. I cant do anything until i receive my docs. Everything is stand still.
did u apply for UT and what category are u switching from?? its quite impossible that ur case has not been assigned to CW or has not been processed as the people who applied around 23rd June, there cases were allocated to CW's on 5th AUG............ when u called CC last time. did they not tell u that its still ubder consideration??

Regards

june20

Post by june20 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:39 pm

I have not applied for UT till now. Switching from WP->tier1 with dependent. When i called HO on monday i got the answer that "it is still under consideration". But is it not the case that application is assigned to case worker but he has not looked into it till now.Moreover my case is not very complicated. I will wait for another 2 to 3 weeks after that i will apply for UT.

justice122 wrote:
june20 wrote:dont know mate.Its all over my head now. Iam deeply fustrated. I cant do anything until i receive my docs. Everything is stand still.
did u apply for UT and what category are u switching from?? its quite impossible that ur case has not been assigned to CW or has not been processed as the people who applied around 23rd June, there cases were allocated to CW's on 5th AUG............ when u called CC last time. did they not tell u that its still ubder consideration??

Regards

justice122

Post by justice122 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:07 pm

I applied week before u and they told me that my case was assigned to CW in the 1st week of AUG and i still get the same old " still under consideration" everytime i call. if i think from your ideology my case must not have been touched or must be lying somehwre in HO and they have completely forgot about it. mate can tell u, how crazy this whole thing is..........

its like sitting in the train station and there is no news about the next trian and no one is there to provide you with information, as when its likely to arrive and one doesnt know should i wait or should i not??

june20 wrote:I have not applied for UT till now. Switching from WP->tier1 with dependent. When i called HO on monday i got the answer that "it is still under consideration". But is it not the case that application is assigned to case worker but he has not looked into it till now.Moreover my case is not very complicated. I will wait for another 2 to 3 weeks after that i will apply for UT.

justice122 wrote:

Regards

june20

Post by june20 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:29 pm

well said mate.Thats how it is.

WP-T1*
Newly Registered

Post by WP-T1* » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:15 pm

Tier1_Queries wrote:1) B10. Home Office reference number(s) - if known

I think you can mention as 1st Class as you have scored more than 60%. You can go by the grade standards of the university you studied.

WP-T1* wrote:Hi, I m going to apply for T1 next week, currently I am a Work Permit Holder. Now I have two enquiries, it is much appreciated if anyone who applied WP-T1 let me know how to fill in the two question on the application form please?

Thanks very much!
Thanks very much. In my university, there is no 1st class, can I just say "Pass' then? Is there anywhere I may find the grade standard of UK Universities? Many thanks.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:26 pm

Just write pass. thats wht i put for my applic. my degree is from uk as well

WP-T1*
Newly Registered

Post by WP-T1* » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:41 pm

vipul1981 wrote:Just write pass. thats wht i put for my applic. my degree is from uk as well
It is much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

WP-T1*
Newly Registered

Post by WP-T1* » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:06 pm

Thanks very much!
Thank you so much. But the Work Permit Ref. No. is longer than the fields provided on the Appl form, how did you fill it in then? Like mine is 9PG/f006382/004, but only 8 fields available on the form, do I need to fill it in for the ref no. part on the payment sheet as well? please advise, many thanks.

justice122

Post by justice122 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:46 pm

you do not need to mention anything in that field, thats why the number u v got from your WP is not fitting in. B10. needs to be empty. iam 100% sure about that.
WP-T1* wrote:

Thanks very much!
Thank you so much. But the Work Permit Ref. No. is longer than the fields provided on the Appl form, how did you fill it in then? Like mine is 9PG/f006382/004, but only 8 fields available on the form, do I need to fill it in for the ref no. part on the payment sheet as well? please advise, many thanks.

Tier1_Queries

Post by Tier1_Queries » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:12 am

Hi,

I think you no need to worry filling this B10. Since it says, if known. So dont bother filling this field, unless otherwise you are sure. But for me, i remember the reference number exactly was fitting in B10.

WP-T1* wrote:

Thanks very much!

here4tier1

Post by here4tier1 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:19 am

Hi Guys,

I dropped my application yesterday(18th Sep) via next day delivery. It was deliver today @ 10:08 as per Royal Mail website and @ 10:20 when I checked my acccount £750 were already been deducted !!! Within 15 minute of receiving !!! :shock:

I wonder why they do not process the application in such quick manner ?
Just a thought though ... :idea:

justice122

Post by justice122 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:20 am

here4tier1 wrote:Hi Guys,

I dropped my application yesterday(18th Sep) via next day delivery. It was deliver today @ 10:08 as per Royal Mail website and @ 10:20 when I checked my acccount £750 were already been deducted !!! Within 15 minute of receiving !!! :shock:

I wonder why they do not process the application in such quick manner ?
Just a thought though ... :idea:
Well said................. :)

its just the way it is mate (we cant do much as we are at the reciving end), they can be very efficient if they want to be ........!

Nam777
Newly Registered

Post by Nam777 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:42 am