ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Repeated spouse visa refusals

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Becks149

Repeated spouse visa refusals

Post by Becks149 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:41 pm

Hello,
If a spouse visa is rejected, after how long can you reapply?
If a spouse visa is rejected, and you reapply, will the HO view this as a new application or will it say on their system that this visa has been previously refused? So will they have a record of all previous attempts?
If a visa is rejected twice or even thrice, am I right to think that the visa can never be successful since the HO will find loops in it anyway since it had been rejected many times previously.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Repeated spouse visa refusals

Post by THO » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:14 pm

No, you can apply for a visa again, but you must fill in the gaps, or fully answer the short-fallings you had with your original application.

I guess if you fail a few times then you might well go on a list of auto refusal.

How many times have you failed and why? Tell us why you are asking this question.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:53 pm

Becks149 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:41 pm
Hello,
If a spouse visa is rejected, after how long can you reapply?
If a spouse visa is rejected, and you reapply, will the HO view this as a new application or will it say on their system that this visa has been previously refused? So will they have a record of all previous attempts?
If a visa is rejected twice or even thrice, am I right to think that the visa can never be successful since the HO will find loops in it anyway since it had been rejected many times previously.
It's not like a visitor visa. If you apply, they will look at it again. But ideally, you don't want to keep lodging applications and getting refusals. You have to get your application correct before proceeding.

What where the grounds of refusal?

- If a technicality, such as a not enough revenue, it will be fine once you fix it (like by showing enough revenue to sponsor or saving)
- If they refused based on marriage of convenience, that's more difficult and just applying again and again is not the correct response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:29 pm

Please continue in your other topic you started.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.