ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Virgostar
Newly Registered

British citizenship application

Post by Virgostar » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:19 pm

HI,
Good Evening Everyone
please can help me out in this letter, i applied for naturalization below dates but today i got Email form UK Visas and Immigration.

Dear Mr
Re: Mr
I refer to your application for naturalisation as a British citizen under section 6(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981.
A person applying under this section is required to have been in the United Kingdom on the actual date 5 years before making the application.
Your application was received on 8th October 2020, and so your qualifying period is from 9th October 2015 to 8th October 2020. According to your application form & passport you left the United Kingdom on 21st September 2015 and returned on 4th November 2015.
As you were not in the United Kingdom on 9th October 2015, this requirement is not met.
However, if you wish to send the attached copy of your submitted application form back to this address, we will be able to continue our consideration.
Your application date will be the date that your re-declared application form is sent back to the email address.
If you do not reply by the due date your application will be refused on the grounds that you do not meet the statutory residence requirements for naturalisation, as you were not in the UK on the first day of the residential qualifying period.
If you have difficulty providing the information requested, you should contact us by email or letter as soon as possible.
Please only contact us where absolutely necessary, e.g. to notify us of a change of address or a change of circumstances, please do so in writing.
Yours sincerely,
Mr
UK Visas and Immigration
Last edited by Virgostar on Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: British citizenship application

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:21 pm

You are lucky that CW gave an option to redeclare the application on a date when you qualify. Fill the form and make sure you meet the physical presence requirement 5 years ago on that date. You will be okay.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:22 pm

This has been a mandatory requirement for years and is well documented. How did you miss it??

Resigned the form and send it back to the email.

Your are very lucky you weren't refused outright.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Virgostar
Newly Registered

Post by Virgostar » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:26 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:21 pm
You are lucky that CW gave an option to redeclare the application on a date when you qualify. Fill the form and make sure you meet the physical presence requirement 5 years ago on that date. You will be okay.
But that days i was out of country.. so what can i do?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:28 pm

You need to resign the form for a date after you returned 5 years ago, ie today if you meet the physically present date 5 years ago. That is what the email is saying.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Virgostar
Newly Registered

Post by Virgostar » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:28 pm
You need to resign the form for a date after you returned 5 years ago, ie today if you meet the physically present date 5 years ago. That is what the email is saying.
I came back uk 4 November 2015.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:33 pm

So then resign it for todays date, if you were in the UK on 8th to 10 December 2015 and send it back.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Virgostar
Newly Registered

Post by Virgostar » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:33 pm
So then resign it for todays date, if you were in the UK on 8th to 10 December 2015 and send it back.
which form we need to resign application form or today attachment letter received through Email. which one need to send back.please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:43 pm

We don't know what you have been sent as an attachment in the email!

The email does say the "attached copy".
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Virgostar
Newly Registered

Post by Virgostar » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:43 pm
We don't know what you have been sent as an attachment in the email!

The email does say the "attached copy".
I got this Email.... Attached letter already mention in above post.

Dear Mr

Please carefully read the attached letter about your application for British citizenship & then reply to this email by no later than 23/12/20.

Kind regards

Virgostar
Newly Registered

Post by Virgostar » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:07 pm

Virgostar wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:26 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:21 pm
But that days i was out of country.. so what can i do?
which form we need to resign application form or today attachment letter received through Email. which one need to send back.please

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:23 pm

Attachment letter :shock:

Also we do not know your travels in 2015. You said you came back in 4 Nov 2015. Assuming you did not travel again in Dec 2015. Point is if you sign the form today, you should be in UK on 10/12/2015 (5 years ago).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Virgostar
Newly Registered

Post by Virgostar » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:36 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:23 pm

Also we do not know your travels in 2015. You said you came back in 4 Nov 2015. Assuming you did not travel again in Dec 2015. Point is if you sign the form today, you should be in UK on 10/12/2015 (5 years ago).
I did not travel after 4 November 2015. so i need sign the application form today or tomorrow date the sent back the email to officer,its right.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:03 pm

Virgostar wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:36 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:23 pm

I did not travel after 4 November 2015. so i need sign the application form today or tomorrow date the sent back the email to officer,its right.
Sign today or tomorrow. Both are fine. The date of application will be considered the date when you sign now.

VWS

Post by VWS » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:26 pm

I think what he is trying to ask is that he has got the above stated letter as an attachment in the email.

There is no other attachment in the email. So he is now confused how to reply and will he fill in a new application form or just amend the date on old application form and sign it again and send back as an attachment.

What i get from his response is that he was back in UK on 4th of November 2015 and has not travelled since.

Therefor he can put any date after 5th of November 2020.

Gurus can correct me if I am wrong???

He is really lucky for not receiving the refusal letter.

Goodluck Virgostar :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:28 pm

which form we need to resign application form or today attachment letter received through Email.
Seems like OP has the attachment sent in email.

Virgostar
Newly Registered

Post by Virgostar » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:52 pm

VWS wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:26 pm
I think what he is trying to ask is that he has got the above stated letter as an attachment in the email.

There is no other attachment in the email. So he is now confused how to reply and will he fill in a new application form or just amend the date on old application form and sign it again and send back as an attachment.

What i get from his response is that he was back in UK on 4th of November 2015 and has not travelled since.

Therefor he can put any date after 5th of November 2020.

Gurus can correct me if I am wrong???

He is really lucky for not receiving the refusal letter.

Goodluck Virgostar :)
That’s Right .... this is basically I am asking .. thanks for explanation..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:53 pm

So you do not have any attachment in the email? The email is blank??

In this case, you need to contact the CW to send you the attachment again.

Virgostar
Newly Registered

Post by Virgostar » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:58 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:53 pm

Yes I have 1 attachment file received which I have copy and past in first post.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:59 pm

Virgostar wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:58 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:53 pm

Yes I have 1 attachment file received which I have copy and past in first post.
You only pasted the TEXT. Did you receive any attachment FILE with the email??

If yes, just sign the attachment file. :roll:

VWS

Post by VWS » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:00 am

Hi Cullinan

He could not attach the letter as it has all the personal info on it. Therefore he has typed the letter as recieved. The typed text is in the format of a letter received as a pdf attachment in the email.

Other than this pdf attachment, there is no other application or letter attached.

So as suggested he should get back to ask for another attachment or just print the soft copy of submitted application again, cross the date and put the new date in along with signature and send as a reply to the email?

What would you suggest?

Thanks