ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sandratayengerwa
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Spouse visa

Post by sandratayengerwa » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:08 am

My husband is a British citizen living in South Cyprus and l am in North Cyprus and l am a non Eu citizen, we wanted to stay in South Cyprus but l have been advised my solicitors in the South not to attempt as l am considered as an illegal immigrant because of politics this side. My husband is a Pensioner aged 70 years and the requirement for Spouse visa is 18.600 pounds and his total pension is less than that , l am currently not working and my husband’s savings were used to buy the house he lives in South Cyprus. My question is how do we meet these financial requirements and does my husband has to be in Uk for us to have a place and address to use for our application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:29 am

You can't apply for a spouse visa for the UK if your husband does not move to the UK and meet the mandatory requirement's
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:30 am

You can't apply for a spouse visa for the UK if your husband does not move to the UK and meet the mandatory financial requirements.

What is your nationality? What is your immigration status in North Cyprus?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:32 am

You also seem to be asking about moving to Ireland recently.

ireland/british-citizen-and-non-europea ... l#p1968572

And looking for a nurse job in the UK.

employment-offers-and-job-seekers/recen ... l#p1969409
Char (CR001 not Casa)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:42 am

sandratayengerwa wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:08 am
l am considered as an illegal immigrant because of politics this side
As CR001 has asked above, what is your Northern Cyprus immigration status? If you are legally resident there, have you looked at your husband moving to Northern Cyprus?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

sandratayengerwa
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by sandratayengerwa » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:11 am

I am a only a temporary resident in north Cyprus, so that is not an option for us .

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:58 pm

sandratayengerwa wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:08 am
My question is how do we meet these financial requirements and does my husband has to be in Uk for us to have a place and address to use for our application?
Not necessarily if he is intending to sell his property and have someone in UK who can allow you to live with them on arrival. Apart of this, your own immigration status allowing you to proceed to spouse visa would preeminently be mattered.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sandratayengerwa
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by sandratayengerwa » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:22 pm

Yes he intends to sell the apartment and car in South Cyprus , but his financial pension total is 13,757 , and l have just graduated was studying nursing and we do intend to look for someone to put up with us when we arrive just for a little while. What do we do?

sandratayengerwa
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by sandratayengerwa » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:32 am
You also seem to be asking about moving to Ireland recently.
We are still weighing our options so that we know what do and decide where to go.
ireland/british-citizen-and-non-europea ... l#p1968572

And looking for a nurse job in the UK.

employment-offers-and-job-seekers/recen ... l#p1969409

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:13 pm

sandratayengerwa wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:22 pm
Yes he intends to sell the apartment and car in South Cyprus , but his financial pension total is 13,757 , and l have just graduated was studying nursing and we do intend to look for someone to put up with us when we arrive just for a little while. What do we do?
In the meanwhile go through the following official guidance to know it more and the other ways of meeting the financial requirement.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... dyp0u_oakI
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.