ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Goldfinger1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by Goldfinger1 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:48 am

Hansi89 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:32 pm
Alisaa wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:27 pm
I have received a reply today. Was not very helpful 😐. It seems a kind of general email that HO reply
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email

By way of background, naturalisation is not an automatic process and we have to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship.
The nature and extent of those enquiries, and the length of time taken to complete them, varies according to the particular circumstance of each application.
The progress of outstanding enquiries is regularly monitored with the agencies carrying out these enquiries on our behalf. It is only when we have the results of the enquiries that we can reach a decision on whether citizenship should be granted. We do not, ourselves, carry out these checks and we cannot, therefore, be sure how long they will take in each case.
I appreciate that UKVI website gives the following information in relation to waiting times for naturalisation applications:
"All applications for citizenship are subject to enquiries to ensure that the statutory requirements have been satisfied. Because of these enquires, we anticipate that applications may take up to six months to complete. Some applications may be dealt with more quickly and some may take longer, depending on the nature of the enquiries to be carried out".
As you will note, it is also made clear on the website that, in some cases, these enquiries may take longer than average to complete. You will appreciate the need to be careful and thorough in such matters.

These enquiries are still ongoing in regards to your application and we are sorry for the delay. As soon as the enquiries outstanding on your application are completed, we will ensure that an immediate decision is taken, and that you will be notified accordingly.

Kind regards,

UKVI
I got exactly the same reply yesterday! still waiting since 03-Jun :( .
Hi,

I also applied on the 3rd of June and still waiting, i will email them this afternoon and i will also send them a letter

sardarge
Newly Registered

Post by sardarge » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:19 pm

APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE FOR TOMORROW THURSDAY10TH OF DEC
Regus, 9-10 St. Andrew Square,
1st Floor, Lothian Region
Edinburgh

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:06 pm

UKVCAS Service Point Update 9th Dec

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Alisaa
Iran

Post by Alisaa » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:09 pm

Goldfinger1 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:48 am
Hi,

I also applied on the 3rd of June and still waiting, i will email them this afternoon and i will also send them a letter
I have sent my letter today .I will update you guys when I receive their reply . BTW I applied in 6th of June.
May I know under what category you applied for naturalization please ?
Thanks

Hansi89
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by Hansi89 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:50 am

Alisaa wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:09 pm
Goldfinger1 wrote:
Hi,

I have sent my letter today .I will update you guys when I receive their reply . BTW I applied in 6th of June.
Thanks
Hopefully you’ll get a reply soon! Keep us updated! :)

I applied under the 5 year residency. I’m a non-eu fam member of an eea citizen. Have permanent residence card. Really straightforward case/history.

SIG
Newly Registered

Post by SIG » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:04 am

sardarge wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:19 pm
Edinburgh
Hi,
I am wondering if anyone knows any available appointments in December for 3 people (family application) anywhere in the UK? I have already booked mine for January so can't see any appointments unless I cancel the existing appointment.
Also is there a way to search for all UK appointments by entering one postcode in the search?
Many Thanks,
Sara

SIG
Newly Registered

Post by SIG » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:04 am

sardarge wrote:
Edinburgh
Hi,
I am wondering if anyone knows any available appointments in December for 3 people (family application) anywhere in the UK? I have already booked mine for January so can't see any appointments unless I cancel the existing appointment.
Also is there a way to search for all UK appointments by entering one postcode in the search?
Many Thanks,

SIG
Newly Registered

Post by SIG » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:05 am

sardarge wrote:
Edinburgh

Hi,
Many Thanks

Goldfinger1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Goldfinger1 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:28 pm

Alisaa wrote:
Goldfinger1 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Spouse of a British citizen, 3 of my children also British. I am non Eea, i had 6 years discretionary leave and 4 years indefinite leave

Nobitakung
Newly Registered

Post by Nobitakung » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:49 pm

I just got an approved decision from HO via email today. Applied on 24/07, IDV only 31/08. Thank you for all helpful answer. Waiting for BRP to arrive...

otto8190
Newly Registered

Post by otto8190 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:33 am

I am waiting since first week of August. Looks like there are many before that. Best wishes.

Alisaa
Iran

Post by Alisaa » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:39 am

Hansi89 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:50 am
Alisaa wrote:
Goldfinger1 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Hopefully you’ll get a reply soon! Keep us updated! :)

I applied under the 5 year residency. I’m a non-eu fam member of an eea citizen. Have permanent residence card. Really straightforward case/history.
Thanks for the info, please share HO reply to your email as well.

Dundun
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Dundun » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:45 am

Hi,

I have my appointment in a few days in Mark Lane ESP (London) so the service includes document checking.
I have already uploaded all my documents but I have called UKCAS and they have told me NOT to click on "Submit documents" as if I click in there the documents will be sent directly to UKVI and if for any reason I would need to modify any of my documents or upload a new one that would not be possible.
This sounds very weird! Should I just upload the documents but never click "submit"?

Many thanks in advance!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:50 pm

Dundun wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:45 am
Hi,

I have my appointment in a few days in Mark Lane ESP (London) so the service includes document checking.
I have already uploaded all my documents but I have called UKCAS and they have told me NOT to click on "Submit documents" as if I click in there the documents will be sent directly to UKVI and if for any reason I would need to modify any of my documents or upload a new one that would not be possible.
This sounds very weird! Should I just upload the documents but never click "submit"?

Many thanks in advance!
Self-submission is optional. You can click on submit but it will NOT be sent to UKVI till appointment day as you have Documents Checking Service included in your package. So really SELF-submitting before biometrics is no use to you now. Submit at the appointment now.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:05 pm

tsdgy
Newly Registered

Post by tsdgy » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:49 pm

I’ve been watching this thread for a while so thought to post my concern finally.

I made my application Set (O) 29th April 2020
Documents were sent to case worker via email and also via UKVCAS online submission
Biometrics via IDV 5th Sept 2020

It’s nearly 8 months and I haven’t read anyone else from April who is still waiting. My local MP sent query to HO but no response yet. My employer has also emailed in the last week. I’ve raised a complaint online with UKVI hoping some updates from them.

I’ve booked biometrics appointment for 29th December but will the dual submission work? Should I still go for the appointment?

What should I do next? Is this normal ?

Thanks in advance!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:54 pm

tsdgy wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:49 pm
I’ve been watching this thread for a while so thought to post my concern finally.

I made my application Set (O) 29th April 2020
Documents were sent to case worker via email and also via UKVCAS online submission
Biometrics via IDV 5th Sept 2020

It’s nearly 8 months and I haven’t read anyone else from April who is still waiting. My local MP sent query to HO but no response yet. My employer has also emailed in the last week. I’ve raised a complaint online with UKVI hoping some updates from them.

I’ve booked biometrics appointment for 29th December but will the dual submission work? Should I still go for the appointment?

What should I do next? Is this normal ?

Thanks in advance!
Is this query for yourself? You applied for British Citizenship? or your wife who applied for PBS extension?

tsdgy
Newly Registered

Post by tsdgy » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:16 pm

Hi Cullinan,
This is for myself as I’m the main applicant. My partner has also applied for ILR Set(O) dependent route in October. We both are waiting for decision but at least April application should’ve been processed by now I feel.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:17 pm

tsdgy wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:16 pm
Hi Cullinan,
This is for myself as I’m the main applicant. My partner has also applied for ILR Set(O) dependent route in October. We both are waiting for decision but at least April application should’ve been processed by now I feel.

Thanks!
You're posting in the wrong thread and sub forum. This is the topic for British citizenship applications only. Not ilr or any immigration application.

Post in the correct topic for ilr please.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/suspension-o ... l#p1970240
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:42 pm

Tip for new users:

You must book an UKVCAS appointment now to complete your application process and submit biometrics. IDV is the past except T4.

Check 15th Dec 00:01 AM midnight and you will get one for 11th Jan Monday. Appointments are running at a 28 days lag. Weekend appointments are scarce or none so if you book before 15th Dec (i.e tomorrow night or Monday), you will only get if you are lucky as it will be a weekend (28 days apart).

Better to keep checking before 15th Dec randomly through out the day/different locations so you may end up securing an earlier one if there are any cancellations.

However, you can always upload your documents and SELF-submit so your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics (optional) OR you can upload anytime before biometrics appointment itself. Self-submission option can be availed only once and up to 48hrs before appointment only. In case you want to add anymore documents after self-submission (e.g. you missed any documents), you can still upload and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended so you can save time even before biometrics.

See at top @ UKVCAS account. You will see “document upload”
You can upload your documents there on the UKVCAS portal.

Also see the new UKVCAS flash update: They are having some issues with WorldPay so keep an eye.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

You can book an appointment anytime before the deadline.

iceman010881
Newly Registered

Post by iceman010881 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:05 pm

My wife submitted her naturalization application in August 2020. Im a british citizen. She has had ILR since 2012. I know we are within 6 months but in other timelines I have seen approvals after 3 months.

We got an email as below.

""
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because it is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision

We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible ""

Is this actually due to covid or something else? Should I wait until 6 months and then chase

kash87
Newly Registered

Post by kash87 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:28 pm

Hi all

After completing 1 year on ILR (Previously on 5 years Entrepreneur) I submitted my naturalisation application online on 3rd June 2020. I received an invitation to submit my documents through IDV app, using the app I submitted my documents on 20th September 2020. I want to know do I still have to book an appointment for biometrics? By reading different posts on this forum I don't think I need a biometrics appointment but just want to make sure if I am following the right procedure.

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:34 pm

kash87 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:28 pm
Hi all

After completing 1 year on ILR (Previously on 5 years Entrepreneur) I submitted my naturalisation application online on 3rd June 2020. I received an invitation to submit my documents through IDV app, using the app I submitted my documents on 20th September 2020. I want to know do I still have to book an appointment for biometrics? By reading different posts on this forum I don't think I need a biometrics appointment but just want to make sure if I am following the right procedure.

Thank you
You do not need to attend any appointment as you already submitted via IDV. You should contact HO as your 6 months are over.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:36 pm

iceman010881 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:05 pm
My wife submitted her naturalization application in August 2020. Im a british citizen. She has had ILR since 2012. I know we are within 6 months but in other timelines I have seen approvals after 3 months.

We got an email as below.

""
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because it is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision

We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible ""

Is this actually due to covid or something else? Should I wait until 6 months and then chase
This is a generic email. It has no relevance to the decision pace. Ignore it. It is system auto generated. Many people reported getting decision right away after this email also. You should wait patiently for now till 6 months are up. Hopefully you will get a response soon.

regularuser
India

Post by regularuser » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:13 pm

Hi Cullinan

Have you heard back after your approval confirmation from UKVI ?

I have sent an email 2 weeks before that I have been waiting since mid of June no reply from them so far.

shall I call them to chase up, even they didn't send my child's certificate.

Thanks in advance :(