ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cusmanb

Re: Spouse Visa Application

Post by cusmanb » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:01 pm

I get paid on hourly rate when I work part time and get paid on daily rate when I work full time. Even on my employment letter Hourly rate is mentioned.

Now if I need to take an average, should I take average on Part time rate or full time rates?

These days I am working part time again but will be back to full time in a week.

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:08 pm

I would simply be multiplying a week salary with 52 to get annual salary figure.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:16 pm

For taking annualised average simply use following:

Total income earned during the last 6 months/6×12= or

Total income earned during the last 26 weeks/26×52=
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:28 pm

Sorry another question.

My wife doesn't work, only I do. So there was a question that if we have shared financial responsibilities e.g bills etc

If I am paying for everything, does it come under shared responsibilities?

I am sorry for asking silly questions.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:43 pm

cusmanb wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:28 pm
Sorry another question.

My wife doesn't work, only I do. So there was a question that if we have shared financial responsibilities e.g bills etc

If I am paying for everything, does it come under shared responsibilities?

I am sorry for asking silly questions.
Just say yes (despite you are paying) as she must be named on some of the bills.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:54 pm

Yes. Her name is mentioned on almost all the utility bills and council tax.

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:14 pm

I am sending my payslips starting from 29th MAY to 4th December. On my employment letter, it is mentioned that the payslips I am sending are genuine, to and from the dates are mentioned there.

On 5th December, I ordered the bank statements for the same dates but they sent me the wrong ones, which are from 16th May to 17th November, received today. The mentioned order date is 5th December.

Now please tell me what should I do? Bank gonna take 5 to 7 more days to send. I can't ask my employer again to ammend the letter once more.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:27 pm

cusmanb wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:14 pm
I am sending my payslips starting from 29th MAY to 4th December. On my employment letter, it is mentioned that the payslips I am sending are genuine, to and from the dates are mentioned there.

On 5th December, I ordered the bank statements for the same dates but they sent me the wrong ones, which are from 16th May to 17th November, received today. The mentioned order date is 5th December.

Now please tell me what should I do? Bank gonna take 5 to 7 more days to send. I can't ask my employer again to ammend the letter once more.
Bank statement for the deficient latest period can be obtained from the branch or downloaded from the banking app too.

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:51 pm

When I ordered on 5th of December, they didn't explain it.

I just called them and they said I can get it for the remaining period but it will be till Close of Business date 11th Dec. Can't put dates of my choice. Bank is barclays.

Now I will technically be sending over statements starting from 16th of May to 11th dec. But my payslips will be 29th May to 4th Dec.

Should I attach the payslips copy for the missing period too? And get my employment letter amended?
Please guide .

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:01 pm

cusmanb wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:51 pm

Now I will technically be sending over statements starting from 16th of May to 11th dec. But my payslips will be 29th May to 4th Dec.
No issue as most often the alignment between payslips & bank statements get derailed. So as long as these are covering the latest last 6 months where the latest document isn't older than 28 days then no issue.
cusmanb wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:51 pm
Should I attach the payslips copy for the missing period too? And get my employment letter amended?
Please guide .
Totally your choice but I won't bother provided the 28 days rule remain maintained in doing so.

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:36 pm

Thank you so much.

I wouldn't want to bother my employer to amend the dates on the letter.

I will use the same payslips starting from 29th May and ending 4th Dec which cover 6 months and 4 days.

From 17th Nov onwards, I will get a copy on the cloud in 2 days or try to print it on Monday.

The statement which I got today, has a letter with it showing the order date but the statement showing the remaining period will not have a printing date or order date (mentioned to me by the customer services).

Should that be fine?

And can I submit my application today as I have filled it almost, just need to pay the fee only.

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:39 pm

Do we provide an optional covering letter when we upload documents?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:53 pm

cusmanb wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:36 pm

The statement which I got today, has a letter with it showing the order date but the statement showing the remaining period will not have a printing date or order date (mentioned to me by the customer services).

Should that be fine?
Replacement bank statements come in post changes its texture & layout from time to time depending on the bank. Simply attach the same letter as well on the top.
cusmanb wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:36 pm
And can I submit my application today as I have filled it almost, just need to pay the fee only.
Yes if that is convenient for you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:55 pm

cusmanb wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:39 pm
Do we provide an optional covering letter when we upload documents?
Yes you may add that

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:13 pm

Thank you so much.

When I entered financial and job detail, question heading was "what do they earn, what is their job title etc"

I believe it was about my partner but as she doesn't work so I added my details there.

Is this what I was supposed to do? Did I do it right to fill in my info instead of her?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:25 pm

cusmanb wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:13 pm
Thank you so much.

When I entered financial and job detail, question heading was "what do they earn, what is their job title etc"

I believe it was about my partner but as she doesn't work so I added my details there.

Is this what I was supposed to do? Did I do it right to fill in my info instead of her?
If there isn't distinctive section for you to provide that information then provide yours there. Also explain & reference it in covering letter.

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:25 pm

Thank you.

Can I use a document (bank statement or utility bills) dated a week or few days after the application i apply?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:08 pm

cusmanb wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:25 pm
Thank you.

Can I use a document (bank statement or utility bills) dated a week or few days after the application i apply?
Yes but preferably keep them dated until the date of application by only applying when these got in to your hands.

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:31 pm

Perfect got it. Thank you so much.

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:41 pm

On my employment letter in contact detail, the mentioned email belongs to the person from HR who created it, though official one.

On visa application I entered the company's generic email which is managed by HR department.

Is it fine if the email mentioned on letter belongs to an employee from HR or it should be amended. Please advise.

PersonName@comanyDomain.com

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:46 pm

cusmanb wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:41 pm
On my employment letter in contact detail, the mentioned email belongs to the person from HR who created it, though official one.

On visa application I entered the company's generic email which is managed by HR department.

Is it fine if the email mentioned on letter belongs to an employee from HR or it should be amended. Please advise.

PersonName@comanyDomain.com

No issue since both (emails) belongs to same organization.

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:49 pm

Thank you so much. :)

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:12 pm

I am sorry if I have asked this question already but I believe I didn't ask the question correctly. Clearing confusion.

"Do you and your partner have any shared financial responsibilities"

These are the exact words in application.

Btw her name is mentioned on Bills, tenancy agreement as well. Neither she works nor she claims any benefit.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:17 pm

cusmanb wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:12 pm
I am sorry if I have asked this question already but I believe I didn't ask the question correctly. Clearing confusion.

"Do you and your partner have any shared financial responsibilities"

These are the exact words in application.

Btw her name is mentioned on Bills, tenancy agreement as well. Neither she works nor she claims any benefit.
Say yes

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:49 pm

Thank you- Will I have to prove this like how are we sharing the responsibility?