ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport is expired after application an important question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CobanTurk
Newly Registered
Turkey

Passport is expired after application an important question

Post by CobanTurk » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:49 am

Dear Immigration Board Members,

Could you please help me with that.

I made an application to extend my visa to home office under Turkish Business Person(ECAA).

During my application it asked my passport and that was literally when pandemic started so i had valid 2 days.

I made my application 1 of April my passport was valid till 3 of April.

Do you think home office accept it as a valid passport i am very worried ?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Passport is expired after application an important question

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:04 pm

CobanTurk wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:49 am
Dear Immigration Board Members,

Could you please help me with that.

I made an application to extend my visa to home office under Turkish Business Person(ECAA).

During my application it asked my passport and that was literally when pandemic started so i had valid 2 days.

I made my application 1 of April my passport was valid till 3 of April.

Do you think home office accept it as a valid passport i am very worried ?

Thanks
For the time being, there might not be any issue arise but that may be ensued at the time of attending the biometrics appointment. Also, caseworker might ask a renewed passport for which you should keep striving in the meantime.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CobanTurk
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by CobanTurk » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:45 pm

Dear Seagul

It happened exactly. The caseworker requested a new passport to prove that my nationality. I went to my national authority they issued me a temporary passport which is valid for only 1 month. They told me they cannot issue 10 years one right now.

My question. Is the temporary passport is valid and proves my nationality as soon as I got that sent it to them.

Thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:12 pm

CobanTurk wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:45 pm
Dear Seagul

It happened exactly. The caseworker requested a new passport to prove that my nationality. I went to my national authority they issued me a temporary passport which is valid for only 1 month. They told me they cannot issue 10 years one right now.

My question. Is the temporary passport is valid and proves my nationality as soon as I got that sent it to them.

Thanks in advance.
Yes send it immediately
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CobanTurk
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by CobanTurk » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:53 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:12 pm
CobanTurk wrote:
Dear Seagul

Thanks in advance.
Yes send it immediately
I immediately sent it but I am afraid seagul if they refuse my application on the ground because it's not a full passport?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:14 pm

CobanTurk wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:53 pm
seagul wrote:
CobanTurk wrote:
Dear Seagul

Thanks in advance.
Yes send it immediately
I immediately sent it but I am afraid seagul if they refuse my application on the ground because it's not a full passport?
Just remain optimistic as nothing wrong will happen because that is something beyond to your control.

CobanTurk
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by CobanTurk » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:06 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:14 pm
CobanTurk wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:53 pm
seagul wrote:
CobanTurk wrote:
Dear Seagul

Thanks in advance.
Yes send it immediately
Just remain optimistic as nothing wrong will happen because that is something beyond to your control.
Thank you so much seagul for your support. I appreciate it very much. I have checked all the guidance through never seen temporary passport is not accepted or 10 years passport is compulsory? I just want to be sure as long as we send a VALID passport to them they should have accepted it right?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 0.0ext.pdf