ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current status of Set(M) application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jit1234
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Need help to know the exact date to submit ILR (set M) application

Post by Jit1234 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:28 pm

Hi Everyone . Just need an expert advice to find out the possible date I will be eligible to apply ILR. I am on a spouse visa(5 years route).

1) Initial visa spouse visa given - 19/1/2016 - 19/10/2018 - 30 months
2) Entry to UK- 14/2/2016
3) FLR/BRP granted till 8/3/2021

Just wondering when will I be eligible to start application of ILR? I just want to know when I can start my application( or eligible to submit ILR application). Thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Need help to know the exact date to submit ILR (set M) application

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:40 pm

Jit1234 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:28 pm
Hi Everyone . Just need an expert advice to find out the possible date I will be eligible to apply ILR. I am on a spouse visa(5 years route).

1) Initial visa spouse visa given - 19/1/2016 - 19/10/2018 - 30 months
2) Entry to UK- 14/2/2016
3) FLR/BRP granted till 8/3/2021

Just wondering when will I be eligible to start application of ILR? I just want to know when I can start my application( or eligible to submit ILR application). Thanks in advance.
After 60 months minus 28 days from the date of arriving to UK. In your case you can apply anytime on or after 17th January 2021 until the last day of expiry .
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Jit1234
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by Jit1234 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:48 pm

Many thanks for your reply seagul . Just wondering will it be an issue if I submit my application online by end of December (40 days earlier)? Will it be rejected ? Once you submit your application, UKBA sends link after 1 month to upload documents.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:52 pm

Jit1234 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:48 pm
Many thanks for your reply seagul . Just wondering will it be an issue if I submit my application online by end of December (40 days earlier)? Will it be rejected ? Once you submit your application, UKBA sends link after 1 month to upload documents.
If you wish then can do that because on submission you would get around 2 months to enroll your biometrics and obviously decision would be made afterwards when you would become already eligible. But given you have a lot of expiry time then preferably apply 28 days before such as around 17th January 2021.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Jit1234
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by Jit1234 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:57 pm

Thanks again. I m just bit worried about BRP, which expires on 8/3/21. My employer might ask for visa document in February. Once you apply for an ILR( set M), you will be on bridging visa ? Any link on that ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:00 pm

Jit1234 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:57 pm
Thanks again. I m just bit worried about BRP, which expires on 8/3/21. My employer might ask for visa document in February. Once you apply for an ILR( set M), you will be on bridging visa ? Any link on that ?
On submission of your application you will be covered by section 3C which will keep intact your all previous working rights. And your employer can liaise with UKVI to receive the positive ECS which usually is valid initially for 6 months.

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

Jit1234
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by Jit1234 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:09 pm

Thanks a lot. Once I submit my application, I will pass this link n necessary information to my employer. You are a star 🌟

skyisthelimitr2020
Newly Registered

Post by skyisthelimitr2020 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:04 am

Can I apply fee waiver for my ILR application set m.

skyisthelimitr2020
Newly Registered

Post by skyisthelimitr2020 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:05 am

skyisthelimitr2020 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:04 am
Asking for someone

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:35 am

skyisthelimitr2020 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:04 am
No, only those who raise a human right claim will be eligible for a fee waiver. Fee waiver is for applications like:

•applications for leave to remain under the five-year partner route from applicants who are not required to meet the minimum income threshold because their sponsor is in receipt of one or more specified benefits and who instead must demonstrate that their sponsor can provide adequate maintenance

•applications for leave to remain under the five-year parent route

•applications for leave to remain under the ten-year partner, parent or private life route, where the applicant claims that refusal of that application for leave to remain would breach their rights (or the rights of other specified persons) under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights

•applications for leave to remain on the basis of other ECHR rights, provided that human rights constitute a substantive basis of the claim

•applications for further leave to remain from applicants granted discretionary leave following refusal of asylum or humanitarian protection, where the applicant claims that refusal to grant further leave to remain would breach their ECHR rights

•applications for further discretionary leave from victims of trafficking or slavery who have had a positive conclusive grounds decision, have already accrued 30 months’ discretionary leave and are seeking to extend it for reasons related to trafficking or slavery.
Also:
Criteria to be granted a fee waiver

According to Home Office guidance for its caseworkers, applicants for a fee waiver will need to show that one of the following circumstances apply:

They cannot afford the fee
They are destitute
They are at risk of imminent destitution
Their income is not sufficient to meet a child’s particular and additional needs
They are faced with exceptional financial circumstances
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

skyisthelimitr2020
Newly Registered

Post by skyisthelimitr2020 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:45 pm

Thank you

Jit1234
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Tentative timeline for Set(M) application

Post by Jit1234 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:19 pm

Hi everyone

I have submitted my set (M) application on 19/2 & Bio was on 19/3. Premium service was stopped due to covid that time . I know people who applied in December are still waiting. Any idea how long will it take ?

Also curious to check if i can get in touch with UKVI to change my standard application to premium ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tentative timeline for Set(M) application

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:26 pm

I have submitted my set (M) application on 19/2 & Bio was on 19/3. Premium service was stopped due to covid that time . I know people who applied in December are still waiting. Any idea how long will it take ?
It can take up to 6 months.
Also curious to check if i can get in touch with UKVI to change my standard application to premium ?
You cannot change to super priority service after submitting online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jit1234
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Current status of Set(M) application

Post by Jit1234 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:47 pm

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to check the current status of Set(M) application. Do we know which month Home office is processing at the moment ?

Application date - 19/2
BRP appointment- 19/3

Thanks in advance

Jit

zimba
Mood:

Re: Current status of Set(M) application

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:02 pm

Jit1234 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:47 pm
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to check the current status of Set(M) application. Do we know which month Home office is processing at the moment ?

Application date - 19/2
BRP appointment- 19/3

Thanks in advance

Jit
There is no pattern and you cannot check the status of your application. Because someone applied on a similar date to yours, does not mean you will end up with a similar timeframe. You must wait to hear back. Each application will be decided in its own timeframe.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2

Re: Current status of Set(M) application

Post by I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:48 pm

Jit1234 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:47 pm
Hi Everyone

Application date - 19/2
BRP appointment- 19/3

Thanks in advance

Jit
No way to check status, you simply have to wait.

Bar a few exceptions, the timeline post here gives a good indication of when you are likely to get a decision. I am 5months and a week now and nothing yet but I know this is not unusual - thanks to the timeline.

It is reasonable to assume that it does not take the case worker/HO that long to treat an application, they simply haven't looked :)