ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NI Number and 185 days rule

Only for Start-Up Visas and Innovator Visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vishwa79
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

NI Number and 185 days rule

Post by Vishwa79 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:55 pm

Hi Gents,

I am on the Innovator Visa and relocated to the UK last week. I have a couple of questions I'd like to clarify, so I can plan my next steps,

1. My BRP says OWN BUS ONLY (own business only) in it, so I assume I can't obviously employ myself here. If that's the case, do I still I have to apply for the NI Number?

2. My business requires me to travel often and I do plan to stay the minimum number of days required to qualify for the ILR in three years time. My vignette was valid from Sep 2020 and BRP says it's valid till Sep 2023. However, I only managed to come here last week and almost 72 days late from the date appearing on the Vignette. My question is, will that 72 days be still counted as part of my stay in the first year or will the 185 days only become applicable from the date I entered the UK?

Thanks in advance for all your support.

be123+

Re: NI Number and 185 days rule

Post by be123+ » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:26 am

Vishwa79 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:55 pm
Hi Gents,

I am on the Innovator Visa and relocated to the UK last week. I have a couple of questions I'd like to clarify, so I can plan my next steps,

1. My BRP says OWN BUS ONLY (own business only) in it, so I assume I can't obviously employ myself here. If that's the case, do I still I have to apply for the NI Number?

2. My business requires me to travel often and I do plan to stay the minimum number of days required to qualify for the ILR in three years time. My vignette was valid from Sep 2020 and BRP says it's valid till Sep 2023. However, I only managed to come here last week and almost 72 days late from the date appearing on the Vignette. My question is, will that 72 days be still counted as part of my stay in the first year or will the 185 days only become applicable from the date I entered the UK?

Thanks in advance for all your support.
1. Yes. NI number is used for tax purposes.
2. I believe from the date you entered.