ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependent Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: ILR Dependent Query & Returning of BRP

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:22 pm

kumar84 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:56 pm
Hello All,

I have now received my ILR BRP card and I understand I need to sent it back. Thanks all in the forum for your timely help and advice.

I plan to apply for my dependent visa shortly(Wife and Children) , Will I need my old BRP or will I need the old BRP for another other thing?

Do I need to inform my employer that I have received ILR?

Do I need to provide a cover letter to say why I am returning? Does it need to be a recorded delivery?

Also can some one please advice or guidance on my previous question please?

Thanks,
Kumar
Old voided BRP card won't be needed anymore which if you wish may keep as a souvenir otherwise may return at below mentioned address even via a cheapest post but with a free proof of postage. Yes you need to update your employer regarding your latest right of work.

PO Box 195
Bristol
BS20 1BT
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

kumar84
India

Rebooking Life in the UK Exam

Post by kumar84 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:16 am

Dear All,

Can we retake LIUK exam and on18th when first time exam was taken on 11th December.

The system does allows to book though.

Thanks,
Kumar

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Rebooking Life in the UK Exam

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:23 am

kumar84 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:16 am
Dear All,

Can we retake LIUK exam and on18th when first time exam was taken on 11th December.

The system does allows to book though.

Thanks,
Kumar
Yes
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

kumar84
India

Re: ILR Dependent Query

Post by kumar84 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:30 am

Thanks Seagul.

I had doubt because it states that

You must wait 7 days before taking the test again, but you can take the test as many times as you need to...

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:39 am

kumar84 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:30 am
Thanks Seagul.

You must wait 7 days before taking the test again, but you can take the test as many times as you need to...
And with the dates you gave 7 calendar days would have lapsed in between.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:42 am

kumar84 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:30 am
Thanks Seagul.

Your intended dates do have 7 days of lapse.
https://www.timeanddate.com/date/durati ... 12&y2=2020

As long as the system allows to book then just follow it accordingly.

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:58 am

Thanks very much dears.

I was getting confused ( and often) weather it’s including , excluding the end dates.

Thanks,
Kumar

kumar84
India

ILR Dependent Application Query

Post by kumar84 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:33 pm

Dear Gurus,

I have started filling in ILR for my dependents and below queries:

Do you have any of these reference numbers for xxxx

Yes, I have their passport number > Have provided this
Yes, I have their National Insurance number > Have provided this
Yes, I have their Home Office reference number > I am unsure what to fill in for this <
Yes, I have their biometric residence permit (BRP) number > Have provided with my ILR BRP Number I recently received

Which visa is Mr xxxx applying for or been granted?
Choose the route that Mr xxxx has applied for or been granted, even if their application is still being
processed.

Tier 2(General) >Is this correct<

Do you have one of these reference numbers for Mr xxxx?

Yes, I have their VAF number
Yes, I have their GWF number
No, I do not have a reference number for them

I don't have any of these. and have selected No.

Additional Names:
In addition to the names already provided, are you now or have you ever been known by another name?

She had a different family name prior to marriage. Should I specify this name? Will I need to provide evidence.

Note: Her passport has my surname.

For Child under 18 what evidence needs to be provided apart from Birth Certificate?

In Family Consent form:
Part 1 : WIfe signs
Part 2: I sign
Part 3: n/a

Hope there is no separate form for Child

I am trying to collect cohabitation documents, As she was away for more than a year, will Whatsapp chat message, Bank (India) transfer online statement and my travel itinerary when I visited once and itinerary I went them to get them here work?

Thanks,
Kumar

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:30 pm

Dear Members,

Any advice/ views please?

In worst case if they reject the ILR, will they provide an option to extent as PBS dependent asking to pay the extra fees?

Or will they be considered as overstayer even if we apply for ILR before the expiry of current Dependent VISA.

Thanks,
Kumar

kumar84
India

Re: ILR Dependent Application Query

Post by kumar84 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:29 am

Dear Senoir Members, CR001, CUILLIAN,

Any advice. Kindly provide your valuable inputs.

Thanks,
Kumar

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Dependent Application Query

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:53 am

kumar84 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:33 pm
Dear Gurus,

I have started filling in ILR for my dependents and below queries:

Do you have any of these reference numbers for xxxx

Yes, I have their passport number > Have provided this
Yes, I have their National Insurance number > Have provided this
Yes, I have their Home Office reference number > I am unsure what to fill in for this <
Leave it blank - not necessary
Yes, I have their biometric residence permit (BRP) number > Have provided with my ILR BRP Number I recently received

Which visa is Mr xxxx applying for or been granted?
Choose the route that Mr xxxx has applied for or been granted, even if their application is still being
processed.

Tier 2(General) >Is this correct<
Yes

Do you have one of these reference numbers for Mr xxxx?

Yes, I have their VAF number
Yes, I have their GWF number
No, I do not have a reference number for them

I don't have any of these. and have selected No.
OK

Additional Names:
In addition to the names already provided, are you now or have you ever been known by another name?

She had a different family name prior to marriage. Should I specify this name? Will I need to provide evidence.
Provide it. No proof needed

Note: Her passport has my surname.

For Child under 18 what evidence needs to be provided apart from Birth Certificate?
Checklist will tell you about documents needed for the child

In Family Consent form:
Part 1 : WIfe signs
Part 2: I sign
Part 3: n/a

What do you mean?

I am trying to collect cohabitation documents, As she was away for more than a year, will Whatsapp chat message, Bank (India) transfer online statement and my travel itinerary when I visited once and itinerary I went them to get them here work?

You have to provide documents from 3/4 different sources, spread evenly through last 2 years i.e. every 3/4 months. Ideally in joint names or top up with sole names and same address. For example, bills, bank statements, tenancy agreement, council tax etc

Thanks,
Kumar
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

kumar84
India

ILR Dependent Application Query

Post by kumar84 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:12 pm

Thanks very much CULLINAN,

I meant there would only be 1 consent form I will need to submit, no consent/other form for Minor.

As my wife was away for almost a year I only have bank statement (no other bills) for an year. So I plan to provide watsapp chats, my itinerary, tickets I accompanied them to bring them to UK. And Online statement of a bank from India I transferred funds to her.

Note: the current visa was issued in Oct 2017 and expires in Jan 2021

In worst case if they reject the ILR, will they provide an option to vary the ILR application to a PBS dependent asking to pay the extra fees? In that case they would not be considered as overstayer right ?

Thanks,
Kumar

kumar84
India

Process to Vary from PBS Dependent to ILR Query

Post by kumar84 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:39 pm

Dear CULLINAN, CR001, Zimba, senior members,

My wife will have re take LIUK exam and I can see slot after 16th Jan 21 currently( will try keep looking for any slot). Current Tier 2 dependent visa is expiring for all in 15 Jan 2021.

Looks like I will have to go forward applying for extension for all 3 dependents.

If I submit there application for extension on 14 Jan 2021
And if she clears the exam say on 20 th can I vary the application to ILR to avoid Extra cost.

Till what I have time to vary

Can you advice on the procedure please ?

Thanks,
kumar

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:40 pm

I have not gone through the whole thread but general advice. You can always write a cover letter and explain LIUK delays. As long LIUK is provided before biometrics, all good. As long your wife is eligible for ILR and you vary, just add a cover letter and explain. Given corona, you will not be penalised for LIUK delays as long you submit before biometrics (ideally) or before a decision is made.

PS you must submit biometrics appointment for your extension application to make it valid before you vary to ILR (you will have to submit biometrics for ILR again).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:47 pm

Thanks CULLINAN.

So I need to give biometric for visa to be valid and have 45 days after submission.

Say I vary my application after biometric before discussion is made would they refund the fees and IHS Charges?

Now that t2G is replaced by Skilled worker visa is this link correct for extension:

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/extend-your-visa

I understand the thread is to long sorry about it.

Yes she is eligible for ILR ,have put down important dates:
Tier 2 General visa
Entered on 06/06/2015
Visa reissued Date 29/11/2017

In last 2 years She has been away for about 1 year and 6 months. Plan to provide watsapp chat and my travel itinerary for months she was away.

Thanks,
Kumar

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:41 pm

Dear CULLINAN, members,

Your view please?

Thanks,
Kumar

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:57 pm

kumar84 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:41 pm
Dear CULLINAN, members,

Your view please?

Thanks,
Kumar
I have not gone through your long thread. Briefly explain the circumstances of the case and what you are trying to do?

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:35 pm

Hi CULLINAN,

Important dates:
Tier 2 General Dependent visa
Entered UK : 06/06/2015
Visa reissued : 29/11/2017
Visa Expiry : 15/01/2021

In last 2 years She has been away for more than 1 year. I plan to provide watsapp chat and my travel itinerary for months she was away.

She is eligible for ILR but has not yet cleared LIUK exam. If she does not clear before 14 Jan 2021

I plan to apply for extension for her ( + 2 dependents) on 15 Jan 2021 which would give me 45 more days for biometric and hopefully she clears LIUK by then.

Give bio-metric for PBS Extension (before 28th Feb 2021) and vary the application to ILR. In this case will they refund the Dependent Visa and IHS fees?

You already mentioned to go a head with ILR application and complete the LIUK before the biometric. If I go a head with this and she is unable to clear LIUK by then what would happen?

WIll they reject and be termed as overstayer
Will they issue PBS dependent visa ( asking to pay extra fees)
Will they reject and ask to apply for PBS Extension ?

Thanks,
Kumar

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:49 pm

kumar84 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:35 pm
Hi CULLINAN,

Important dates:
Tier 2 General Dependent visa
Entered UK : 06/06/2015
Visa reissued : 29/11/2017
Visa Expiry : 15/01/2021

In last 2 years She has been away for more than 1 year. I plan to provide watsapp chat and my travel itinerary for months she was away.
Your wife does not have any absence limits since her visa was issued before 11th Jan 2018 but she needs cohabitation documents for last 2 years (for both extension OR ILR) as explained above. I can not comment if CW will accept any other evidence as you stated or not.

You have to provide documents from 3/4 different sources, spread evenly through last 2 years i.e. every 3/4 months. Ideally in joint names or top up with sole names and same address. For example, bills, bank statements, tenancy agreement, council tax etc

She is eligible for ILR but has not yet cleared LIUK exam. If she does not clear before 14 Jan 2021
Google “life in uk test web” You will see 16 exams (EXAMS not tests). Ask your wife to thoroughly do these 16 exams. She will pass the test I can almost guarantee

I plan to apply for extension for her ( + 2 dependents) on 15 Jan 2021 which would give me 45 WORKING days excluding sat/sunmore days for biometric and hopefully she clears LIUK by then.

Give bio-metric for PBS Extension (before 28th Feb 2021) and vary the application to ILR. In this case will they refund the Dependent Visa and IHS fees?
If you successfully vary her application to ILR, extension fees and IHS will be refunded

You already mentioned to go a head with ILR application and complete the LIUK before the biometric. If I go a head with this and she is unable to clear LIUK by then what would happen?
I can not comment - sometimes Case Worker writes back to submit LIUK evidence OR offers to vary it to extension

WIll they reject and be termed as overstayer
Will they issue PBS dependent visa ( asking to pay extra fees)
Will they reject and ask to apply for PBS Extension ?
The best thing is to apply for ILR and you will have 45 working days to submit biometrics. If she can pass LIUK good, if not, vary ILR to PBS extension application and in that case you will have to pay extension fees and IHS then. Your ILR fee should be refunded

Thanks,
Kumar
Follow the 16 exams (do them thoroughly) as I stated above. She will pass the test.

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:57 pm

Thanks very much CULLINAN.

Really appreciate your timely response.

Hope she clears it before visa expires.

Thanks,
Kumar

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:27 pm

Dear Senior members , CULLINAN

She has cleared her LIUK and I am going ahead with filing of ILR.

What Should I select for the below, Can you kindly help:

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

For Cohabitation Documents I plan to provide (Hope these will suffice)

Dec 2018 : NHS Letter
March 2019 : Electoral letter
June 2019 : DVLA and NHS Letter

** JULY 2019 to Sep 2020 She was away from the UK. 180 days does not apply as visa extension got in Nov 2017 ***

July 2019 : Travel Ticket I accompanied her to my home country
September 2019: My travel itinerary I visited her
Feb 2020 : Bank Statement
I also plan to provide Home countries bank statement for money transfers I did during her stay & Whatsap chat history.

Sep 2020 : Electoral Letter
Oct 2020 : Council Tax & Water Bill
Dec 2020: DVLA letter

Thanks,
Kumar

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:02 pm

Dear members,

Can you kindly advice what I need to select for dependent ILR

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support

Thanks,
Kumar

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:53 pm

kumar84 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:02 pm
Dear members,

Can you kindly advice what I need to select for dependent ILR

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support

Thanks,
Kumar
Is there another person/party involved e.g. spouse, Father, siblings uncle providing you financial support or it is from you solely and or spouse/partner? If not, select NO

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:32 pm

Thanks AmazonianX.

I already hold ILR. I am applying for my wife and children. My wife is currently homemaker.

Do I select yes then ?

Regards,
Kumar

kumar84
India

Appointment booking

Post by kumar84 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:28 am

Dear All,

I am trying to book biometric appointment for 3 dependents (Single application ). I could not find any free appointment. I see in Croydon we have standard appointment for 330£.

I tried last night around 1203 am for newly released but can’t see any new in core centres.

Will I be unable to find any free appointment?

Thanks,
Kumar