ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Freelance Work Visa Help

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

furqan22
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Freelance Work Visa Help

Post by furqan22 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:22 pm

Hi there,

I am an Indian currently on a student Visa (till Jan 2021) in the UK. I got a job with a reputed company in Luxembourg. It's a 12-month contract but as a "freelancer". Hence, the employer isn't providing Visa sponsorship. Can anyone help me in what are my options? I'd like to stay in the EU/UK and work for the company. Since remote working is a possibility, I can work from anywhere. Is there any way to get a "freelance" Visa in Europe? Many thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Freelance Work Visa Help

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:19 am

Hello

Immigration systems are old fashioned and didn't really adapt to the progress of remote working.

Honestly, even with an EU passport, it would be still challenging to fit your scenario in as tax issues would have arisen.

What you can do is google "e-nomade visa". Many countries in the world are offering visas to people who want to work for a remote employer. This is really new in 2020. Last time I checked there were a dozen+ countries doing that and other considering introducing an enomade visa.

The only problem with that visa is it's a non-immigration visa. It gives you the option to reside for a year but then you need to go. But at least, you will have a year somewhere and that could give you more room to find a long term job somewhere.