ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bengomango
Mood:

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Bengomango » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:18 pm

woabgh wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:05 am
Bengomango wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:58 am
Congratulation . Happy for you . Just please can you tell me when did you e mail citizenship. Support and when did they answered you back . Thanks a lot . I approved 30 sep .
I emailed last week and they responded the next day telling me it was already scheduled to be posted the next day. (And given the date on the certificate, it was already printed then). As you are just one week behind me (but it's not exact science), I would trust you will get yours by the end of this week hopefully! HO is playing it close with the 12 week announced timeline currently!

Sorry man can you confirm who did you e mail
Citizenship. Support or
Nationality team

Thanks

Lin87
Newly Registered

Post by Lin87 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:24 pm

Bikerboy86 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:37 am
Lin87 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:25 am
On the 9th Dec, I emailed NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk to ask when likely they'll be printing my certificate. Two days later (11th) I received the citizenship ceremony letter via email. Today (14th), I phoned Nottingham City Council to ask if they got my certificate and he confirmed that they've received my certificate on Thursday but even though I got the ceremony invite from the HO, I can't book a ceremony yet because I have to wait for their letter (guy on the phone said to be posted today and could take up to 5 days to be received) which they have to assign me a date of my ceremony.
It's so frustrating that I have to wait for the council's invitation to attend the ceremony! Another thing is, last week's certificates are already been assigned until 7th Jan 2021.
Hi Lin,
Congratulations. Just curious to know your timeline if possible please.
Application date: 22 June 2020
Biometrics via IDV app: 28 Aug 2020
Approval: 04 Nov 2020 received by post
Citizenship Invite: 11 Dec 2020 by email

To me, looks like I have been approved before 04 Nov, I emailed HO on that day and on the 10th I received approval by post dated 4th. All this might be just a coincidence because every time I emailed them, I get a really good response.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:06 pm

Hi all,

I have emailed these two email addresses to chase for certificate is it correct?

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk

Not had a reply yet :(

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:16 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:06 pm
Hi all,

I have emailed these two email addresses to chase for certificate is it correct?

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk

Not had a reply yet :(
Yes those two email addresses should be fine.

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:19 pm

coolrockspart2 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:11 pm
lifeRockss1 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:38 pm
coolrockspart2 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:55 pm
Just can't believe it I have just received citizenship ceremony email from Home Office.

Applied : 18th June 2020
Approved : 19th October 2020
Invitation letter via email : 11 December 2020
Council : Harrow
congrats :-) .. did you call your council or will you wait for 2 days?
I called my council and also emailed them to let me know if they have my certificate. Will update here once I receive reply from them.
So just now council confirmed that they have my certificate and have booked me for ceremony on Thursday. No free ceremony available until next year hence I had to go private.

I received citizenship email from Home office on Friday which means when you receive the invitation email council should have the certificate by then.

myukqueries

Post by myukqueries » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:29 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:52 pm
Nature11 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:49 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:04 am
@Nature11

Even by @Baybars1 model. We are supposed to get between 16th Dec - 30th Dec. Seems spot on. I am hoping before Christmas.
Yes, we will definitely receive in between these date, but I have seen one more post today that someone has received invitation yesterday (application submission date was 25th June) . I hope we will get invitation next week...
It depends what the approval date was not application date.
Not sure if this is fully correct.
One of my friends applied in early March.
Literally had no communication what so ever apart from the standard missing 6 months timeline due to covid.

He got his MP to chase a couple of weeks ago and then he got an approval and invitations letter for ceremony at the same time (like old days!).
Another surprise for me was the email came on Saturday - 12 Dec 2020. Never knew they worked on weekends too...

So I am not sure what goes around at home office. We can only guess...

I was approved on 5th Nov and still waiting for ceremony letter. (Manchester Council).

Have been silent as have seen others still waiting...

myukqueries

Post by myukqueries » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:29 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Nature11 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
@Nature11

Even by @Baybars1 model. We are supposed to get between 16th Dec - 30th Dec. Seems spot on. I am hoping before Christmas.
Yes, we will definitely receive in between these date, but I have seen one more post today that someone has received invitation yesterday (application submission date was 25th June) . I hope we will get invitation next week...
Literally had no communication what so ever apart from the standard missing 6 months timeline due to covid.

He got his MP to chase a couple of weeks ago and then he got an approval and invitations letter for ceremony at the same time (like old days!).
Another surprise for me was the email came on Saturday - 12 Dec 2020. Never knew they worked on weekends too...

I was approved on 5th Nov and still waiting for ceremony letter. (Manchester Council).

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:53 pm

myukqueries wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:29 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Nature11 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
@Nature11

that's true we don't know how they process it also since it depends on lot of factors and each application is decided on it's own basis. Some people have even had their DBS checked even after receiving approval so we don't know the internal process.

I hope you will get in this week as my approval was on 19th and got it on Friday.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:54 pm

Some people have even had their DBS checked even after receiving approval so we don't know the internal process.
I saw also. This science is very weird. Not sure what HO is up to.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Bjp20
Newly Registered

Post by Bjp20 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:55 pm

Hi I have seen some people receiving DBS certificates requested by home office after naturalisation application is approved.
Is everyone receiving it or only some people

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:57 pm

Note, you do not become British until you attend the ceremony. So any criminal conviction/CCJ or similar change of circumstances may affect your approval. Approval only is not the end. Maybe it was requested for those in similar situations as above? Not sure though.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:58 pm

coolrockspart2 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:19 pm
coolrockspart2 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:11 pm
lifeRockss1 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:38 pm
coolrockspart2 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:55 pm
Just can't believe it I have just received citizenship ceremony email from Home Office.

Applied : 18th June 2020
Approved : 19th October 2020
Invitation letter via email : 11 December 2020
Council : Harrow
congrats :-) .. did you call your council or will you wait for 2 days?
I called my council and also emailed them to let me know if they have my certificate. Will update here once I receive reply from them.
So just now council confirmed that they have my certificate and have booked me for ceremony on Thursday. No free ceremony available until next year hence I had to go private.

I received citizenship email from Home office on Friday which means when you receive the invitation email council should have the certificate by then.
One more thing to let you know is my council asked me for original invitation letter from Home office to bring to the ceremony to which I said Home office has recently changed their process and sent me an email instead to which they said print it and bring it along but on phone they confirmed if my details on the certificate is correct.

Paper invitation letter is bit different from email invitation letter as email does not has poll number, name at birth, place at birth etc

myukqueries

Post by myukqueries » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:05 pm

coolrockspart2 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:53 pm
myukqueries wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:29 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Nature11 wrote:

that's true we don't know how they process it also since it depends on lot of factors and each application is decided on it's own basis. Some people have even had their DBS checked even after receiving approval so we don't know the internal process.

I hope you will get in this week as my approval was on 19th and got it on Friday.
19th Nov or 19th October? Can you share the timeline?
Which council are you in?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:07 pm

@myukqueries

19th Oct. Harrow.

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:10 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:07 pm
@myukqueries

19th Oct. Harrow.
thanks Cullinan for correction

Rabs

Post by Rabs » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:09 pm

Here it goes again ...London under Lockdown :cry:

Does anyone have any idea how the new Tier 3 restrictions will affect the ceremonies around London?

Just when one is about to see this process through! :cry:

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:13 pm

Rabs wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:09 pm

Does anyone have any idea how the new Tier 3 restrictions will affect the ceremonies around London?

i dont think that will stop appointments or ceremonies , since i just had my biometrics appointment done even when we were in tier 3 restrictions (South Yorkshire)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:16 pm

Rabs wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:09 pm

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tier-3-very-high-alert

woabgh
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by woabgh » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:17 pm

Yes, I believe Ceremonies are considered an essential service. Just like in lockdown, most councils continued hosting them. They might only offer private/virtual and you might not be allowed to bring guests though.

Fendi
Bahamas

Post by Fendi » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:19 pm

Hello all,

Finally received my invitation letter today in the post :-)
Dated Dec 2nd.
Approval Sep 30th.

Hope it gives anyone who is still waiting some hope.

Thanks and good luck to all!

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:30 pm

woabgh wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:17 pm
Yes, I believe Ceremonies are considered an essential service. Just like in lockdown, most councils continued hosting them. They might only offer private/virtual and you might not be allowed to bring guests though.
Depends on council to council. Mine was booked for Thursday and after a quick call registrar said they are not sure if they can proceed and will let me know on Wednesday if it is cancelled. Really unfortunate after being so close😭 my council does not offer virtual ceremony so that is also not an option.

onyx_ng
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by onyx_ng » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:43 pm

Kent council don't have any vacancies for ceremonies till mid-January next year :| , does any one know if they offer private ones?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:45 pm

London, parts of Essex and parts of Hertfordshire moves to Tier 3 from Wed 00:01.

Bengomango
Mood:

Post by Bengomango » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:20 pm

Fendi wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:19 pm
Hello all,

Dated Dec 2nd.
Approval Sep 30th.

Hi man congratulation . I am sep 30 as well. Still waiting can I ask you which council ? Thanks and did you send an e Mail anywhere or just waited ? Thanks

Bengomango
Mood:

Post by Bengomango » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:20 pm

Fendi wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:19 pm
Hello all,

Dated Dec 2nd.
Approval Sep 30th.

Hi man congratulation . I am sep 30 as well. Still waiting can I ask you which council ? Thanks and did you send an e Mail anywhere or just waited ? Thanks