ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries on MN1 Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

raghuy
Newly Registered
India

Queries on MN1 Form

Post by raghuy » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:36 pm

Hi Experts,

I am applying for a British Citizenship to my son and he is 1year old(UK born). In the MN1 form, one referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.

As he is one year old, we have contacted health visitor and she said she have British Passport which is expired and not willing to renew it as she holds Irish Passport. We don't know any social worker or minister of religion.

What are the other options for the referee?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Queries on MN1 Form

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:56 pm

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf
For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications.
Add a cover letter and explain. HO is not strict when it comes to referees for young children. Also, given corona HO can not expect you to be chasing GP’s and health visitors etc.

Arrange other referee as per adult requirement.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

raghuy
Newly Registered
India

Post by raghuy » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:06 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:56 pm
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf
For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications.
Add a cover letter and explain. HO is not strict when it comes to referees for young children. Also, given corona HO can not expect you to be chasing GP’s and health visitors etc.

Arrange other referee as per adult requirement.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf
Thanks for the quick response Cullilan.

Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so --> What sort of documents? Is cover letter enough or do we need to attach any proof(emails) communicating with them and telling the reason why they are not eligible as a referee?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:53 pm

Cover letter is enough. Your child is too young. You will have no issues. Just state you contacted the health visitor and she denied. Also state, due to corona you can not chase GP’s etc so you are providing other referee.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

raghuy
Newly Registered
India

Post by raghuy » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:37 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:53 pm
Cover letter is enough. Your child is too young. You will have no issues. Just state you contacted the health visitor and she denied. Also state, due to corona you can not chase GP’s etc so you are providing other referee.
Thanks for the reply Cullinan

raghuy
Newly Registered
India

Post by raghuy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:05 pm

Hi Experts,

I have one more question on MN1 Form.

We are residing in Northern Ireland for more than 3years, my Son was born in Northern Ireland in Nov-19 and he is automatically eligible for Irish Citizenship. I have applied for Irish Citizenship in Feb-2020 and its still under progress.

He has not traveled outside of UK and doesn't hold any passport.

Is it mandatory to have a passport within 3months after the birth? Does Home Office question about this? Do I have to include the details about his Irish Citizenship in the cover letter?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:23 pm

A UK born child does NOT have to have a passport!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raghuy
Newly Registered
India

Post by raghuy » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:22 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:23 pm
A UK born child does NOT have to have a passport!!
Thanks for the reply. I want to explain in a clear way.

My son was born in Northern Ireland(NI) on 19 Nov 2019 and I am on Tier2 since Oct 2015. As he was born in NI and we are residing in NI since 4years, he is automatically eligible for Irish Citizen and applied for it in Feb 2019 and its in progress. As he is going to get his Irish Citizenship, I have not applied for Indian Passport and Tier2 dependent visa.

Does HO question why he don't have a Indian passport and Tier 2 dependent visa? Do I need to add details in the cover letter saying his Irish Citizenship in progress?

raghuy
Newly Registered
India

Post by raghuy » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:23 am

Hi Experts,

I have one more question. I am applying British Citizenship for 2kids. Can I include 2kids in the same application?

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:58 pm

raghuy wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:23 am
Hi Experts,

I have one more question. I am applying British Citizenship for 2kids. Can I include 2kids in the same application?
Yes, once you fill the details of first kid you'll get option to add second kid to the same MN1 application.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.