ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fendi
Bahamas

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Fendi » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:37 pm

Hi,
Mine is Surrey.
And haven’t sent anything or called anywhere after my approval.. just waited and waited patiently!

Hope yours come in the next coming days.

Bengomango
Mood:

Post by Bengomango » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:47 pm

Fendi wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:37 pm
Hi,
Mine is Surrey.
And haven’t sent anything or called anywhere after my approval.. just waited and waited patiently!

Hope yours come in the next coming days.
thanks man .

Jeannot88

Post by Jeannot88 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:04 pm

[quote=eonatura post_id=1970317 time=1607733002 user_id=239995]
[quote=jenov post_id=1967592 time=1607083023 user_id=92663]
Hi eonatura,

Thanks for the info.

I have been waiting (impatiently!) for some time now, I just kept trying the RBKC website whenever I remember by entering my HO ref and full name. Today, it just let me book a slot.
They didn't notify me, I just kept checking the website. I tried private/virtual ones first but not a lot of availability (from 21/12 at £200). Public ceremonies are available next week, Tues 8th & Thu 10th also Tues 15th. Loads of slots so decided to go for the free one on Tues just now.

Worried they will require the invitation letter, I called them and the person I spoke to wasn't sure. So I emailed the registrars, hopefully they allow me to attend if I don't receive it in time.
[/quote]

Hello Jenov,

How did your ceremony go? Did they allow you to attend without the invitation letter?

Thank you
[/quote]

Hi eonatura,
Thanks for asking. All went smoothly. They just asked to see my ID, so showed my BRP.
The letter arrived on the same day, dated 23/11.

Liai
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Liai » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:10 pm

Hello everyone,
I finally got my invitation letter today (14/12/2020) dated 2nd December.
I was approved 29th September.
I’m grateful to God for everything.
Thanks to the moderators and everyone that has posted on this site. You have been a great source of information.
All the best to everyone waiting.

mrmo93
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrmo93 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:25 pm

Well I spoke with my lawyer and he said I will get the invitation letter mailed home. Im October 12th approval

PhantomPermit
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by PhantomPermit » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:08 am

15 October approval still awaiting invitation. Cambridge anyone?

lasttry
Newly Registered

Post by lasttry » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:34 am

Hello
but to be able to book, the invitation reference number is needed! How did you get that? is it the same to the one on the approval letter?

jenov wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:04 pm
eonatura wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:30 am
jenov wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:57 am
Hi eonatura,

Thanks for the info.

I have been waiting (impatiently!) for some time now, I just kept trying the RBKC website whenever I remember by entering my HO ref and full name. Today, it just let me book a slot.
They didn't notify me, I just kept checking the website. I tried private/virtual ones first but not a lot of availability (from 21/12 at £200). Public ceremonies are available next week, Tues 8th & Thu 10th also Tues 15th. Loads of slots so decided to go for the free one on Tues just now.

Worried they will require the invitation letter, I called them and the person I spoke to wasn't sure. So I emailed the registrars, hopefully they allow me to attend if I don't receive it in time.
Hello Jenov,

How did your ceremony go? Did they allow you to attend without the invitation letter?

Thank you
Hi eonatura,
Thanks for asking. All went smoothly. They just asked to see my ID, so showed my BRP.

lasttry
Newly Registered

Post by lasttry » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:57 am

Hi Jenov
where did you get the refernce number from please?

jenov wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:04 pm
eonatura wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:30 am
jenov wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:57 am

Hi eonatura,

Thanks for the info.

Hello Jenov,

Thank you
Hi eonatura,

numero1111
Newly Registered

Post by numero1111 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:07 am

Hello everyone,

My certificate deadline was extended to Feb 2021 after sending an email to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

I have booked a pubic ceremony and will be attending the ceremony on 20th Jan 2021

Hope this gives hope to those still awaiting for ceremony deadline extension!

Onwards
uuee6543 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:53 pm
numero1111 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:27 pm
Hello everyone! Received the below from the council after having received the citizenship invitation from Home office in February.. I have been stuck abroad and with the 14 day quarantine period was unable to attend before 23rd September(expiry date of existing certificate)
----

As my colleague said in the previous email. The Home Office are only allowing us to extend expiry dates for existing certificates to 23rd September, no further. So you won’t be able to book the October dates for group ceremonies that we currently have available.

Email the Home Office at Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk or call 0300 123 2253 and ask for your expiry date to be extended. They will then instruct us to extended your expiry date., allowing you to book later. As my colleague said they have clearly stated that they do not intend anyone’s citizenship application to fail due to delays caused by Covid-19.

I am sorry but our hands are tied in this matter. We hope to see you sooner rather than later.

I wrote to the home office a month ago (20 working days as their service standard) and asked them to extend the dates so I could attends in October or November but to no avail.. I have rung that number but I just keep going round in circles. Do I just have to wait now then?

Any guidance/ advice really appreciated. Thanks a million in advance!
Citizenship.support mailbox doesn’t have any service standard as far as I’m aware. Some people get replies from them within a week while some wait for months and months and never get a reply. If you want a mailbox with 20 day reply deadline I’d advise you to make a formal complaint to the home office. Just google that. Alternatively you can email them directly at complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk - it goes to that mailbox as well if you go through the website complaint. I think it’s better to do it through their website as they will then stick to the 20 working days deadline for sure.

Edit: I think since your situation is very difficult I’d also email my MP in addition to complaining to the Home Office if I were you.

successorxx
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by successorxx » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:56 am

Guys I need someone to advise me on what to do please..I was approved on 8 August, up till now I haven't heard or received anything (Invitation Letter)...I have called and emailed several times but keep getting this Generic email advising on COVID 19 and they cant give me a time on when my certificate would be despatched..I am furious and sad ..I try to wrap my head around the way HO thinks I just cant understand...At this point I dont know what to do but I have been advised to contact my MP which have done so I guess s a waiting game now.....

SamcoSamco
Newly Registered

Post by SamcoSamco » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:41 am

successorxx wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:56 am
Guys I need someone to advise me on what to do please..I was approved on 8 August, up till now I haven't heard or received anything (Invitation Letter)...I have called and emailed several times but keep getting this Generic email advising on COVID 19 and they cant give me a time on when my certificate would be despatched..I am furious and sad ..I try to wrap my head around the way HO thinks I just cant understand...At this point I dont know what to do but I have been advised to contact my MP which have done so I guess s a waiting game now.....
I have been waiting since July. Sent a few emails but no specific update been provided by UKVI.

Jeannot88

Post by Jeannot88 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:23 am

Hi lasttry,

Are you booking at RBKC? It will be the same 9 digit ref starting 02 on the top right hand corner of your approval email pdf attachment or invitation letter. Just make sure you input your full name as in the application. Best of luck!

[quote=lasttry post_id=1971569 time=1607993850 user_id=201832]
Hi Jenov
where did you get the refernce number from please?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:46 pm

Can you guys share the email address for citizenship invitation so I can add that as safe email

And also Anyone approved on 02/10 /2020 ?
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

rio0156
Newly Registered

Post by rio0156 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:06 pm

here end of August approval H&F council, I have received my invitation letter dated mid November, but certificate has not arrived to the council after one month, quite unlucky. Is anyone else in same situation with same or another council? any advice? 😅

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:18 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:46 pm
Can you guys share the email address for citizenship invitation so I can add that as safe email

And also Anyone approved on 02/10 /2020 ?

Hi, same situation here October approved and still no invitation letter!!!

Here are the emails regarding Citizenship ceremonies

nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gov.uk

citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk
LaDolceVita

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:59 pm

I got an approval letter in post and it gives only 1 email address. So if someone really wants to chase your ceremony invitation, I would suggest use:

Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

successorxx
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by successorxx » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:53 pm

@Samcosamco Have you tried calling HO or contact your MP? The whole process is so tiring guess we just have to wait as I dont know what to dnaymore

MALCOM2

Post by MALCOM2 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:54 pm

Hi cullina please have you received your invitation letter ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:56 pm

MALCOM2 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:54 pm
Not yet. My approval is dated 10th Nov. It will come soon I guess.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

SamcoSamco
Newly Registered

Post by SamcoSamco » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:00 pm

successorxx wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:53 pm
@Samcosamco Have you tried calling HO or contact your MP? The whole process is so tiring guess we just have to wait as I dont know what to dnaymore
I called UKVI contact centre and received a generic response by email asking to wait and not to contact again. Also, there was a statement in the email saying that they have processed August approvals and started working on the following months’ approvals. I sent a letter to the citizenship department in Liverpool requesting an update and hoping to hear a relevant response. Contacting MP will be the last resort for me. It has been a very long wait for me (Since August 2019) and I share your frustrating.

SamcoSamco
Newly Registered

Post by SamcoSamco » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:04 pm

successorxx wrote:
I emailed citizenship support but no response. Then, called UKVIcontactcentre and was sent a generic reply by email asking not to contact again and wait. Also, there was a statement in the email saying that all August approvals have been processed and they have started working on November’s.
After reading this, I decided to send a letter to the citizenship department in Liverpool and hopefully will receive a relevant update this time.

It has been a very long wait and I share your frustration.

MALCOM2

Post by MALCOM2 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:06 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:56 pm
MALCOM2 wrote:
I’m still waiting as well approval date 25 of November. Plse update as soon as you get yours thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:13 pm

MALCOM2 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:06 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:56 pm
MALCOM2 wrote:
I’m still waiting as well approval date 25 of November. Plse update as soon as you get yours thanks.
Be patient. It will come. At least I am in no rush. :lol:

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:57 pm

SamcoSamco wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:04 pm
successorxx wrote:
I emailed citizenship support but no response. Then, called UKVIcontactcentre and was sent a generic reply by email asking not to contact again and wait. Also, there was a statement in the email saying that all August approvals have been processed and they have started working on November’s.
After reading this, I decided to send a letter to the citizenship department in Liverpool and hopefully will receive a relevant update this time.

It has been a very long wait and I share your frustration.
It might be not worth delaying contacting your MP too much. For example, in my case it took 3 months for the HO to respond to my MP (the MP office had to send an enquiry once a month and only after the third enquiry they received a response). Once the HO responded, it was clear they made a mistake as they thought they sent my paperwork 4 months before. My council never received my certificate. It's been a couple of weeks since the HO started investigating how to fix it and I haven't heard back. It should be easy to fix (just by printing and sending the paperwork), but it looks like it's going to take weeks if not months.

The HO response to my MP allowed to flag the mistake to the HO and ask them to fix it. My other enquiries either went unanswered or the HO gave a generic copy-paste response telling me to wait and not to contact them again, but obviously that wasn't helping resolve the issue as they overlooked the problem and didn't actually check what happened to my particular case. So your MP can help you bring the HO attention to your particular case, and it's your right to contact the MP, you've clearly been waiting long enough.

bgamba
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by bgamba » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:22 pm

Just checking in for the first time was a silent reader. Approved on 9 Nov 2020 now waiting for ceremony invitation. When should i expect it