ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by mesn » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:05 pm

Hi Guys, SET 0 Oct 14th application with 2 dependents is just approved. Was checking the right to work website once every day and saw "There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK" message. Called my Solicitor and she got the approval eMails when I was on the call. The wait is finally over :). Thanks to everyone, Cullinan, mods, gag285 and rest of the co-applicants for the help and support. As a token of appreciation, I am going to stay active and help others out at least till my BC. Updated the timelines thread.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:09 pm

navkant wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:05 pm
Hi Guys, SET 0 Oct 14th application with 2 dependents is just approved. Was checking the right to work website once every day and saw "There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK" message. Called my Solicitor and she got the approval eMails when I was on the call. The wait is finally over :). Thanks to everyone, Cullinan, mods, gag285 and rest of the co-applicants for the help and support. As a token of appreciation, I am going to stay active and help others out at least till my BC. Updated the timelines thread.
Congratulations!!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:10 pm

917700 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:11 pm
Date of Standard Online application : 25/08/2020
Payment Debited : 25/08/2020

Biometric Reuse email received 03/09/2020
IDV app invitation email received : 06/09/2020
Biometric appointment: 07/09/2020
Approval/Refusal Received :waiting
BRP Card Received :waiting
Approval received: 14/12/2020 @14:36

Thanks to everyone who are helping us in this Forum. Especially CULLINAN and CR001

To share a little bit more information about my case.

1. First entered UK on 23/09/2010
2. Had one drink driving related DR30 criminal record in 2014
3. Had one speeding offence SP30 conviction in 2017
4. Before submit the LR application, I was on T1 entrepreneur route.
Congrats!!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:43 pm

navkant wrote: Hi Guys, SET 0 Oct 14th application with 2 dependents is just approved. Was checking the right to work website once every day and saw "There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK" message. Called my Solicitor and she got the approval eMails when I was on the call. The wait is finally over :). Thanks to everyone, Cullinan, mods, gag285 and rest of the co-applicants for the help and support. As a token of appreciation, I am going to stay active and help others out at least till my BC. Updated the timelines thread.
Congrats navkant.
Strangely, I had a dream on your approval Saturday night :lol: . I am awaiting my Set LR decision though.
I am fixated with this forum it seems
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:57 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:46 pm
n8net wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:42 pm
is it signed-for for somebody shud be there at the old address to receive it?
You should have been pro active since 10th Dec. Its 14 Dec today! It will be delivered at your old address. Check with the landlord or tenant there or chase TNT (it is pointless to change or declare you have moved at this point to avoid delays) to get it delivered at your OLD address.
Sometimes they drop in the letter box, sometimes some have to sign for it. Due to corona signatures are a past. Different buildings/flats/houses have different stuff so cant really comment as dont know where you live.
thanks Cullinan, I only saw the email today - not sure what I could hv done proactively then which I cannot do now..

The thing is I am not in good terms with the previous landlord - but the building has a dedicated concierge and normally they sign stuff if it needs signing...

but letter box is also next and is a normal first call post it gets delivered straight to it.

do we know what kind of service HO normally use pls for BRP ?

jvjroop
Mood:

Post by jvjroop » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:59 pm

navkant wrote:
congrats, seems they are now rolling out remanining OCT set O applicants. Just generally asking as i am becoming paranoid as i am waiting and seeing applications who applied and gave biometrics after me getting descisions. just wanted to clear some things coming into my mind,
i applied T2G set O on 1st Nov and biometric on 13th Nov, nothing yet, i didnt go to any solicitor as i did many T2G extensions(2) and 1 change of employer recently (Aug 2020).i gave all the documents that were asked on the checklist, only thing that is coming into my mind is tax, do i have to think or worry about tax issues for this route? i am on T2G and always PAYE.In the begining of my employment back in 2015/2016, i got a bank check from HM revenues saying that i paied too much tax and this is the amount that has to be returend to me. I think this is normal right? in the begining my employer might have put me into a tax code that is latter corrected and i got that money which i paid in excess, am i right? Should i have to think or worry about this side of things, like the tax or NI contributions? I did check my HM tax account and NI says '5 years of complete payments with no gaps' and tax also says year wise, that i have made full contributions.
and i only uploaded the documents that were asked, i didnot upload any extra.
Thanks

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:02 pm

poper wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:43 pm
navkant wrote: Hi Guys, SET 0 Oct 14th application with 2 dependents is just approved. Was checking the right to work website once every day and saw "There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK" message. Called my Solicitor and she got the approval eMails when I was on the call. The wait is finally over :). Thanks to everyone, Cullinan, mods, gag285 and rest of the co-applicants for the help and support. As a token of appreciation, I am going to stay active and help others out at least till my BC. Updated the timelines thread.
Congrats navkant.
Strangely, I had a dream on your approval Saturday night :lol: . I am awaiting my Set LR decision though.
I am fixated with this forum it seems
Dreaming about my approval. Wow! Thats some deep attachment to this forum :P . Best of luck with yours. I will pray for you if that helps :mrgreen: .

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:09 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:59 pm
navkant wrote:
congrats, seems they are now rolling out remanining OCT set O applicants. Just generally asking as i am becoming paranoid as i am waiting and seeing applications who applied and gave biometrics after me getting descisions. just wanted to clear some things coming into my mind,
i applied T2G set O on 1st Nov and biometric on 13th Nov, nothing yet, i didnt go to any solicitor as i did many T2G extensions(2) and 1 change of employer recently (Aug 2020).i gave all the documents that were asked on the checklist, only thing that is coming into my mind is tax, do i have to think or worry about tax issues for this route? i am on T2G and always PAYE.In the begining of my employment back in 2015/2016, i got a bank check from HM revenues saying that i paied too much tax and this is the amount that has to be returend to me. I think this is normal right? in the begining my employer might have put me into a tax code that is latter corrected and i got that money which i paid in excess, am i right? Should i have to think or worry about this side of things, like the tax or NI contributions? I did check my HM tax account and NI says '5 years of complete payments with no gaps' and tax also says year wise, that i have made full contributions.
Thanks
Thanks. I dont see any reason for you to be worried. There are a bunch of October first half applications still pending. On your documents, we all [T2G] are on PAYE. So, taxes are all clean and straight forward. If you had to file your tax returns , then HMRC will notify you on post and online account notifications. Check your inbox in HMRC account. For me, HMRC had sent a notice which turned into a fine of £100, in 2017 which was delivered to my old address in spite of updating my details on the site. I challenged it and then they waived it off. HO, I believe, would check your HMRC record and not ask for anything new. If you havent received any comms ever from HMRC, you are fine. Have patience. Hopefully you hear before the break but be prepared to not have any news till Jan.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:19 pm

n8net wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:57 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:46 pm
n8net wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:42 pm
is it signed-for for somebody shud be there at the old address to receive it?
You should have been pro active since 10th Dec. Its 14 Dec today! It will be delivered at your old address. Check with the landlord or tenant there or chase TNT (it is pointless to change or declare you have moved at this point to avoid delays) to get it delivered at your OLD address.
Sometimes they drop in the letter box, sometimes some have to sign for it. Due to corona signatures are a past. Different buildings/flats/houses have different stuff so cant really comment as dont know where you live.
thanks Cullinan, I only saw the email today - not sure what I could hv done proactively then which I cannot do now..

The thing is I am not in good terms with the previous landlord - but the building has a dedicated concierge and normally they sign stuff if it needs signing...

but letter box is also next and is a normal first call post it gets delivered straight to it.

do we know what kind of service HO normally use pls for BRP ?
BRP is delivered by TNT. Other members can advise further what service is used. When did you move? Why did you not consider changing your address then?
Anyways, now the easy way out is to get it delivered at your old address. Since you are not on good terms with the landlord, if TNT attempts delievery or leaves it there? or takes it back if refused by your landlord or concierge? I dont know.

In that case, you will have to contact TNT and they will ask you to get your address changed with HO. You will have to chase HO to get the address changed which can take good some time.

https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/
Last edited by CULLINAN on Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:41 pm
srsw wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:39 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:26 pm
Have you heard anything today? I am hoping you will hear soon.
Not yet CULLINAN. l'll update the timeline & especially you when the email arrives ☺️.

Btw, Google services (Gmail, etc.) having an outage at the moment so emails may be delayed until it's resolved.
Good luck. I want your approval to come today!
Thank you 🙏. Fingers crossed, but quite a few who applied before me are still waiting...let's see.

My timeline so far, btw:

10th Nov - Application submitted & fee paid
14th Nov - Documents submitted
9th Dec - Biometrics @ Enhanced Service Point, so document checking service was included.
11th Dec - Email from UKVI asking about dependent children who were not on the application. Replied to email on the same day.

jvjroop
Mood:

Post by jvjroop » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:42 pm

navkant wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:09 pm
raj_262920 wrote:
navkant wrote:
Thanks
Thanks. I dont see any reason for you to be worried. There are a bunch of October first half applications still pending. On your documents, we all [T2G] are on PAYE. So, taxes are all clean and straight forward. If you had to file your tax returns , then HMRC will notify you on post and online account notifications. Check your inbox in HMRC account. For me, HMRC had sent a notice which turned into a fine of £100, in 2017 which was delivered to my old address in spite of updating my details on the site. I challenged it and then they waived it off. HO, I believe, would check your HMRC record and not ask for anything new. If you havent received any comms ever from HMRC, you are fine. Have patience. Hopefully you hear before the break but be prepared to not have any news till Jan.

Thanks Navkant, I recently created this account and no messages on it, and all the tax periods and shown and NI are saying 5 years full payments. No issues/letters in the messages. so i think that side should be fine. may i ask why did they fine you, is it related to tax on other income? as PAYE everything should be sorted atleast by end of year (april) ?
Cheers

DanaF

Post by DanaF » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:57 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:42 pm
navkant wrote:
raj_262920 wrote:
navkant wrote:
Thanks

Thanks Navkant, I recently created this account and no messages on it, and all the tax periods and shown and NI are saying 5 years full payments. No issues/letters in the messages. so i think that side should be fine. may i ask why did they fine you, is it related to tax on other income? as PAYE everything should be sorted atleast by end of year (april) ?
Cheers

I can't speak to Navkant's experience but I do know that some employers will register you for self-assessment when you come over, on the assumption that you may have foreign income that needs to be declared.

In my instance, I used the online tool to determine whether I needed to submit a self-assessment return and was told that I didn't, but then I got a late filing penalty for not filing before 31 January. When I contacted HMRC and explained the online tool and that I had no foreign income, they reversed the penalty but I now have to submit a self-assessment return annually, even though all my income is covered by PAYE.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:14 pm

poper wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:29 pm
@ajitu92, how's the Aug Set LR decision status now?
All August Set LR until 28th are done (on my list) bar a couple. 1 from 9th (I suspect the user hasn't updated their timeline) and another from 21st (that seems to be a complex case).

August Set LR outstanding applications now are:

29th August - 2 (including yourself)
31st August - 2

I think you will hear back this week for sure, hopefully (and most probably) tomorrow! 🤞
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

jvjroop
Mood:

Post by jvjroop » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:29 pm

DanaF wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:57 pm
raj_262920 wrote:
navkant wrote:
raj_262920 wrote:

Thanks

Cheers

I can't speak to Navkant's experience but I do know that some employers will register you for self-assessment when you come over, on the assumption that you may have foreign income that needs to be declared.

In my instance, I used the online tool to determine whether I needed to submit a self-assessment return and was told that I didn't, but then I got a late filing penalty for not filing before 31 January. When I contacted HMRC and explained the online tool and that I had no foreign income, they reversed the penalty but I now have to submit a self-assessment return annually, even though all my income is covered by PAYE.

Thanks Dana
ok, so if we have any other income/job,from any other source, that has to be declared and taxed, right? When i was coming to UK, my employer's payroll enrolment form did ask as i remember, if this will be my only job, which i ticked (which is true). Even recently when i changed employer, it is the same, i have to tick that and send to payroll office as a requirment. So i have nothing on my HMRC account, hope that is fine?
Cheers

jvjroop
Mood:

Post by jvjroop » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:30 pm

srsw wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:20 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
srsw wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:26 pm
Have you heard anything today? I am hoping you will hear soon.
Not yet CULLINAN. l'll update the timeline & especially you when the email arrives ☺️.

Btw, Google services (Gmail, etc.) having an outage at the moment so emails may be delayed until it's resolved.
Thank you 🙏. Fingers crossed, but quite a few who applied before me are still waiting...let's see.

My timeline so far, btw:

9th Dec - Biometrics @ Enhanced Service Point, so document checking service was included.
11th Dec - Email from UKVI asking about dependent children who were not on the application. Replied to email on the same day.
Hi
do they ask or send this email to all applicants who did not put dependent children on thier ILR ? i have a dependent child but did not include him on my ILR yet.
Thanks

schen
Panama

Post by schen » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:35 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:14 pm
poper wrote:
All August Set LR until 28th are done (on my list) bar a couple. 1 from 9th (I suspect the user hasn't updated their timeline) and another from 21st (that seems to be a complex case).

31st August - 2

I think you will hear back this week for sure, hopefully (and most probably) tomorrow! 🤞
Cheers @ajitu92! Fingers crossed that we may have a Christmas Miracle as early Sep applicants then!

Charlestang24
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Charlestang24 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:51 pm

3/7/2020 submitted SET (M) application and paid
29/8/2020 submitted biometrics via IDV app
training my patience...
8/12/2020 got the email saying it's approved!!
11/12/2020 got the ILR brp!!
over 5 months!
Praise the Lord who has been training my patience and provided this outcome

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:55 pm

schen wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:35 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
poper wrote:

31st August - 2

Cheers @ajitu92! Fingers crossed that we may have a Christmas Miracle as early Sep applicants then!
My pleasure @schen! Aye, really really hope so...just depends on how quickly they move on now!
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

DanaF

Post by DanaF » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:05 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:29 pm
DanaF wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:57 pm
raj_262920 wrote:
navkant wrote:

Cheers

Thanks Dana
ok, so if we have any other income/job,from any other source, that has to be declared and taxed, right? When i was coming to UK, my employer's payroll enrolment form did ask as i remember, if this will be my only job, which i ticked (which is true). Even recently when i changed employer, it is the same, i have to tick that and send to payroll office as a requirment. So i have nothing on my HMRC account, hope that is fine?
Cheers

That is fine. If you were required to submit a self-assessment return, you would definitely have heard from HMRC by now :lol: , so you’re good.

—————————-
All my posts are my personal opinion and do not constitute legal advice

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:02 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
poper wrote:

31st August - 2

That's heartening to see decisions in date order. Thanks again for keeping us updated on the stats
Who're the 9th and 21st August users?
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

ibnadam

Post by ibnadam » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:05 pm

Ameline wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:31 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:41 pm
ibnadam wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:40 pm
Hi all,

First thanks for this useful thread.

I was wondering if there is any recent stats for SET(M) applications with biometric submitted at end of September this year?

Thanks.
@Ameline
@ibnadam You should not rely only on when the biometrics have been submitted but instead the date of the application submission is more relevant. However, the focus in November and December for SET(M) was for June/July applicants who have used only IDV as they were left in a queue compared to applicants who went for in-person biometrics and who (most of them) got their approval earlier in September and October.
Thanks @Ameline

We submitted on 14th of September and biometrics were on 29th of September in person.

It does seem to be slower for Set(M).

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:09 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:30 pm
srsw wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:20 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
srsw wrote:

My timeline so far, btw:

Hi
do they ask or send this email to all applicants who did not put dependent children on thier ILR ? i have a dependent child but did not include him on my ILR yet.
Thanks
I'm not sure if it's an automated email or they use a standard email template, but dependent names were mentioned in the email even though they were not mentioned anywhere in the ILR application. If you haven't included your child, then you could expect similar email I guess.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:36 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
navkant wrote:
raj_262920 wrote:
navkant wrote:
Thanks

Cheers

So, for me. The company did my taxes for the first year as I was a tax resident of India and UK in 2015-16. HMRC then assumed I am on an expat package/job and was expecting a tax return in 2016-17. Letters wrongly sent to my old address and I missed their deadline. Then I shared my UK contract and clarified that I am on a local contract and thats when they waived off the fine. All this on postal comms and not online.

Also, please do check the online tool if you need it. Not just foreign income/ second income, you also need to self assess if your salary is 100K+ or you made personal pension payments etc etc. But as you dont have any such intimations from HMRC, you are fine.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:41 pm

I would like to remind that this topic is for biometrics and delays discussion only, not case specific questions. Members who actually come to this topic for topic related queries are left out due to non-topic related discussions.

sun007

Post by sun007 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:47 pm

I wonder the pace of set LR still is around 3 months. And pace of Set(O) is quick or improved, some cases within a month for set (O)