ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:01 pm

poper wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:02 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:14 pm
poper wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:29 pm
@ajitu92, how's the Aug Set LR decision status now?
All August Set LR until 28th are done (on my list) bar a couple. 1 from 9th (I suspect the user hasn't updated their timeline) and another from 21st (that seems to be a complex case).

August Set LR outstanding applications now are:

29th August - 2 (including yourself)
31st August - 2

I think you will hear back this week for sure, hopefully (and most probably) tomorrow! 🤞
That's heartening to see decisions in date order. Thanks again for keeping us updated on the stats
Who're the 9th and 21st August users?
My pleasure! It is heartening to see indeed!

9th August - @mm1990
21st August - a Facebook user (can't disclose anything more for obvious reasons).
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:04 pm

sun007 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:47 pm
I wonder the pace of set LR still is around 3 months. And pace of Set(O) is quick or improved, some cases within a month for set (O)
Sorry, what is the point you're trying to make exactly?
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

mmsyo
Newly Registered

Post by mmsyo » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:09 pm

I have an appointment at Luton Enhanced Service Point, does anybody know parking facility there?

minho87
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by minho87 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:12 pm

Ameline wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:41 am
minho87 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:15 am
Ameline wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:35 am
minho87 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:27 am
Hey guys,

Hopefully more decisions come out. Still waiting since 24th June for SET M Application. Did the IDV app submission on 9th September.
It is nearly 6 months for you. You will get your decision in the next 10 days as you are among the few June SET(M) applicants left. I would say expect decision this week hopefully.
Thanks Ameline, Much appreciated for your feedback and giving me confidence. Is it true that they are trying to clear june/July applicants within this month?
It seems like this is the case. The focus in December is definitely on June/July SET(M) applications. August applications went silent strangely for weeks now. Please keep us posted.
Thanks, let's hope so.

zizcoul
Newly Registered

Post by zizcoul » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:02 am

First of all sorry if this is not the correct place to raise this query. Here is my query: After receiving the decision approving your ILR, still holding your previous BRP still valid for a few months and before receiving the new physical ILR BRP card, is it possible to travel without any issues? (Can you travel with the old BRP without receiving the ILR BRP and come back with the old BRP or travel back to the UK with your new ILR BRP sent to you overseas by a relative?)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:06 am

zizcoul wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:02 am
First of all sorry if this is not the correct place to raise this query. Here is my query: After receiving the decision approving your ILR, still holding your previous BRP still valid for a few months and before receiving the new physical ILR BRP card, is it possible to travel without any issues? (Can you travel with the old BRP without receiving the ILR BRP and come back with the old BRP or travel back to the UK with your new ILR BRP sent to you overseas by a relative?)
Depends where you are going. Your old BRP is invalid to enter UK. You can however fly back to your home country on your passport. You can only come back to UK if you have ILR BRP in hand then, otherwise you will not be able to board the flight.

Note: Decision alone is not the proof of immigration status. What if decision email is sent in error? Always best to wait till you receive ILR BRP to avoid unexpected situations.

PS: Please keep your future questions in your own thread as this is not the right place to discuss this.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

shohjura

Post by shohjura » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:05 am

Hey guys,
Does prove your right to work website show your new visa if it is approved even if we enter expired brp number?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:21 am

shohjura wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:05 am
Hey guys,
Does prove your right to work website show your new visa if it is approved even if we enter expired brp number?
No
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Tomina
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Tomina » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:52 am

A friend with a highly similar case as mine just randomly received an email saying the application will take more than 6 months... because of COVID
I am really not sure what this means since COVID is not something new by now. Anyone got the same?
I saw a few situations in this forum where they got delay emails but seems like they had substantiated reasons? thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:56 am

Tomina wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:52 am
A friend with a highly similar case as mine just randomly received an email saying the application will take more than 6 months... because of COVID
I am really not sure what this means since COVID is not something new by now. Anyone got the same?
I saw a few situations in this forum where they got delay emails but seems like they had substantiated reasons? thank you
Generic emails.

htz
Newly Registered

Post by htz » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:03 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:30 pm
srsw wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:20 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:41 pm
srsw wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:39 pm

Not yet CULLINAN. l'll update the timeline & especially you when the email arrives ☺️.

Btw, Google services (Gmail, etc.) having an outage at the moment so emails may be delayed until it's resolved.
Good luck. I want your approval to come today!
Thank you 🙏. Fingers crossed, but quite a few who applied before me are still waiting...let's see.

My timeline so far, btw:

10th Nov - Application submitted & fee paid
14th Nov - Documents submitted
9th Dec - Biometrics @ Enhanced Service Point, so document checking service was included.
11th Dec - Email from UKVI asking about dependent children who were not on the application. Replied to email on the same day.
Hi
do they ask or send this email to all applicants who did not put dependent children on thier ILR ? i have a dependent child but did not include him on my ILR yet.
Thanks
I have received a similar email. What did they ask and what did you reply?

Tomina
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Tomina » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:01 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:56 am
Tomina wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:52 am
Generic emails.
thank you :)

bex654
Mood:

Post by bex654 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:02 pm

srsw wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
srsw wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:26 pm
Have you heard anything today? I am hoping you will hear soon.
Not yet CULLINAN. l'll update the timeline & especially you when the email arrives ☺️.

Btw, Google services (Gmail, etc.) having an outage at the moment so emails may be delayed until it's resolved.
Thank you 🙏. Fingers crossed, but quite a few who applied before me are still waiting...let's see.

My timeline so far, btw:

9th Dec - Biometrics @ Enhanced Service Point, so document checking service was included.
11th Dec - Email from UKVI asking about dependent children who were not on the application. Replied to email on the same day.
It seems like your application had been picked up by a case worker at this stage. I have a gut feeling that their algorithm might be sorting applications into inboxes based on certain boxes we ticked or certain information we put. And all the slow decisions are jammed in that inbox.
I have read somewhere that 'Applications are prioritised on the basis of a variety of factors which include, but not are limited to, the applicant’s previous history, whether they have paid a priority fee, and the time sensitivity of the application'. I think there are definitely some pre-set parameters which can automatically identify applications and put into relevant Qs - this is how I felt after seeing all these irregularities.

fx125

Post by fx125 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:04 pm

Hi, for those who have received Decision and awaiting for BRP - Does HO send you TNT tracking number? If yes, can you please let me know what email it comes from and normally how many days after decision you got the email? Thanks alot

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:06 pm

fx125 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:04 pm
Hi, for those who have received Decision and awaiting for BRP - Does HO send you TNT tracking number? If yes, can you please let me know what email it comes from and normally how many days after decision you got the email? Thanks alot
Not everyone gets a tracking number. Some get, some dont. Many have reported receiving BRP delivered even without a tracking.

fx125

Post by fx125 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:41 pm

Hi Cullinan,

Then what is your advice to ensure that I wont miss the delivery? As I wont be able to stay at home 24/7 for that and I live alone. In case I miss it, can I come to the depot to collect it?

Thanks
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:06 pm
fx125 wrote:
Not everyone gets a tracking number. Some get, some dont. Many have reported receiving BRP delivered even without a tracking.

jvjroop
Mood:

Post by jvjroop » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:04 pm

bex654 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:02 pm
srsw wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
srsw wrote:

My timeline so far, btw:

It seems like your application had been picked up by a case worker at this stage. I have a gut feeling that their algorithm might be sorting applications into inboxes based on certain boxes we ticked or certain information we put. And all the slow decisions are jammed in that inbox.
I have read somewhere that 'Applications are prioritised on the basis of a variety of factors which include, but not are limited to, the applicant’s previous history, whether they have paid a priority fee, and the time sensitivity of the application'. I think there are definitely some pre-set parameters which can automatically identify applications and put into relevant Qs - this is how I felt after seeing all these irregularities.
Hi bex654, i still beleive it is the caseworker that the application ends up with. Normal situation, priority is only for who had not had any refusals before. Previous refusal might not make your application a complex one necessarily. i dont think all the applicants whose decisions are taking time are complex and who has quick decisions are non-complex, it is quite random in my opinion. As there is no priority now, all these standard applications are just going into different case working systems. i am not sure how they are distrbuted. i understand your frustration of waiting. i am also waiting as i see decisions for applicants who gave biometrics after me coming. hope you get yours soon.
Cheers

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:10 pm

fx125 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:41 pm
Hi Cullinan,

Then what is your advice to ensure that I wont miss the delivery? As I wont be able to stay at home 24/7 for that and I live alone. In case I miss it, can I come to the depot to collect it?

Thanks
CULLINAN wrote:
fx125 wrote:
Contact TNT after you get a decision. Provide them with your name and address, they will let you know if they have any parcel for you.

lukeh8793
United States of America

Post by lukeh8793 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:18 pm

To IDV only applicants who are still waiting out there... I found this Freedom of Information Act disclosure online...
It is not possible to say how long on average it took biometrics to be reinjected. This is because the capability was launched in phases and applications using the IDV App were not always submitted by customers or processed in chronological order.

UKVI did not introduce a formal queue system for applications once these were submitted via the IDV app. We aimed to process applications as quickly, and our records show that the average rate for reinjecting biometrics between 1 - 28 October was approximately 1600 per day, on a par with the numbers of in-person applications at service centres during the same period.

A previous post here long time ago mentioned 101,000 IDV cases as of early October... so it would take 101,000/1,600 = 63.125 working days for them to have reinjected the biometrics... that’s basically 3 months assuming they didn’t slow down during lockdown... there is a good chance they are still in the process of reinjecting biometrics from Aug/early Sep applicants... I should have gone for a physical appointment... :cry: :cry: :cry:

zizcoul
Newly Registered

Post by zizcoul » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:32 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:10 pm
fx125 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:41 pm
Hi Cullinan,

Thanks
CULLINAN wrote:
fx125 wrote:
Contact TNT after you get a decision. Provide them with your name and address, they will let you know if they have any parcel for you.
My experience is that I received a decision on Thursday 10/12, I called Fedex/former TNT (note that there is a service dedicated to home office documents so search online to get the correct number to avoid wasting time), I called on Monday 14th to ask if they had something for me (as Cullinan said I gave my postcode and name) they said that they couldn't see anything for my address. Today Tuesday 14/12 I received an email from the home office (brp.courier.delivery@notifications.service.gov.uk you can't reply to that email) giving a consignment number that you can use to track on the Fedex website and it said the delivery is for Wednesday 16th. Like the lady told me on the phone it takes 24-48h from the time they receive your document for it to be delivered.

srsw

Post by srsw » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:01 pm

My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:44 pm

abeer1987 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:40 pm
Hello

I have been trying to book appointment to submit my ilr application but all slots are full. Can you please advice me on whats the time they open the slots and when is the good time for booking?.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:44 pm

abeer1987 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:40 pm
Hello

I have been trying to book appointment to submit my ilr application but all slots are full. Can you please advice me on whats the time they open the slots and when is the good time for booking?.

Thanks
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:41 pm
Tip for new users:

Check 16th Dec 00:01 AM midnight and you will get one for 12th Jan Monday. Appointments are running at a 28 days lag OR you can keep checking during the day for 1-2 days regularly, you may get lucky to find an earlier slot if there is any cancellation.

However, you can always upload your documents and SELF-submit so your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics (optional) OR you can upload anytime before biometrics appointment itself. Self-submission option can be availed only once and up to 48hrs before appointment only. In case you want to add anymore documents after self-submission (e.g. you missed any documents), you can still upload and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended so you can save time even before biometrics.

See at top @ UKVCAS account. You will see “document upload”
You can upload your documents there on the UKVCAS portal.

See for closures:
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

You can book an appointment anytime before the deadline.

Mr AAL

Post by Mr AAL » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:15 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:01 pm
poper wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
poper wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:29 pm
@ajitu92, how's the Aug Set LR decision status now?
All August Set LR until 28th are done (on my list) bar a couple. 1 from 9th (I suspect the user hasn't updated their timeline) and another from 21st (that seems to be a complex case).

31st August - 2

I think you will hear back this week for sure, hopefully (and most probably) tomorrow! 🤞
That's heartening to see decisions in date order. Thanks again for keeping us updated on the stats

9th August - @mm1990
21st August - a Facebook user (can't disclose anything more for obvious reasons).
Hi, applied for Set LR on 31 August, F2F biometric done on 29th September. Still no response. Any idea when it will be?

Regards

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:54 am

Mr AAL wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:15 am
ajitu92 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:01 pm
poper wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:

31st August - 2

9th August - @mm1990
Hi, applied for Set LR on 31 August, F2F biometric done on 29th September. Still no response. Any idea when it will be?

Regards
Should be imminent given the trend (hopefully before Christmas!). Do keep us updated (and update the timeline thread) when you hear back.