ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Talking to a girl for one year online, can't see her so can't apply due to covid

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Esstavar
Newly Registered

Talking to a girl for one year online, can't see her so can't apply due to covid

Post by Esstavar » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:58 am

I want to get married to a girl which I've met online but not in person and who I have been talking to for one year. She's from Morocco, I'm from the UK and work at the hospital. I want to call her over but here's my problem:

Fiance visa- for this I have to have met her in person, if I go there I have to take 2-week isolation both here in the UK and in Morocco from what I understand. So if I just met her for the one day I still have to take a month off. work won't give me that kind of time off.

Marriage visitor visa

For this she has to have a bank account for 6-months or payslips. She doesn't work and she is a student and she doesn't have a bank account either. 6 months is too much of a long wait.

Normal visa
Morocco is not issuing normal visas from what I understand, unless they are marriage based.

I'm currently feeling completely trapped under the system is there any way out of this mess.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Talking to a girl for one year online, can't see her so can't apply due to covid

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:11 pm

She won't qualify for any UK marriage type visa if you have not met her in person.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Talking to a girl for one year online, can't see her so can't apply due to covid

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:22 pm

Esstavar wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:58 am
I want to get married to a girl which I've met online but not in person and who I have been talking to for one year. She's from Morocco, I'm from the UK and work at the hospital. I want to call her over but here's my problem:

Fiance visa- for this I have to have met her in person, if I go there I have to take 2-week isolation both here in the UK and in Morocco from what I understand. So if I just met her for the one day I still have to take a month off. work won't give me that kind of time off.

Marriage visitor visa

For this she has to have a bank account for 6-months or payslips. She doesn't work and she is a student and she doesn't have a bank account either. 6 months is too much of a long wait.

Normal visa
Morocco is not issuing normal visas from what I understand, unless they are marriage based.

I'm currently feeling completely trapped under the system is there any way out of this mess.

Thank you
As of the moment no way. Morocco is operating very strict measures due to covid-19 with closure of air, sea and land access into the country.
Exercise the patience and nurture the fledging relationship till covid-19 is over and life back to as normal as it could pre pandemic and see how you go about it from there.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:38 pm

Esstavar wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:58 am

Marriage visitor visa

Normal visa

Thank you
Meanwhile, just carrying on chatting online and meet in person whenever will be feasible. There could be another option of tier 4 student visa to call her here, but based on the recent resurrection of virus especially in educational establishments, it may also be unachievable.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Esstavar
Newly Registered

Post by Esstavar » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:51 pm

Thanks for all your replies, can't appreciate enough.

I booked my tickets just before lockdown, unfortunately lost my money the first time but the good news is I managed to book again and got myself out there. Just in case it might help someone, many countries now require a PCR covid test. It had to be within a 72 hour window for my destination which was Morocco. The moment you take the test to the day you get to the destination. Cost me £185. I spent 4 days there, met the family and got engaged and took lots of photos. I believe I'm ready to apply now so I will start collecting all my documents. Thanks again all.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:25 am

Esstavar wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:51 pm
Thanks for all your replies, can't appreciate enough.

I booked my tickets just before lockdown, unfortunately lost my money the first time but the good news is I managed to book again and got myself out there. Just in case it might help someone, many countries now require a PCR covid test. It had to be within a 72 hour window for my destination which was Morocco. The moment you take the test to the day you get to the destination. Cost me £185. I spent 4 days there, met the family and got engaged and took lots of photos. I believe I'm ready to apply now so I will start collecting all my documents. Thanks again all.

Good update, should you require any clarification do post them here and the knowledgeable people here will assist.
Wishing you the best on the journey.

Esstavar
Newly Registered

Post by Esstavar » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:20 pm

Thank you, much appreciated 😊👍

Esstavar
Newly Registered

Post by Esstavar » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:21 pm

Thank you, much appreciated 😊👍

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:36 pm

Just a note of caution, do you qualify for the fiancé visa, and spouse visa. I.e. sufficient financial resources, accommodation etc since your application will be looked at with a lot of scepticism by the HO.

If you are planning to get the Marriage Visitor Visa, it will also be very tough as they will look at her as a serious flight risk, and unless you have a large amount of evidence that demonstrates she will return, you will be disappointed. I speak from experience, and it was a real fight to get the MVV and later the Spouse visa so my wife could come to live in the UK.

Esstavar
Newly Registered

Post by Esstavar » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:35 pm

I have the available finances and the accomodation but i am confused about certain aspects of the visa such as if we need to upload all evidence or do they require stamped hard copies. I've heard payslips needed to be stamped at one point but now they can be scanned and uploaded. If there is a supporting letter from the employer signed, dated and on letter headed paper with a signature it should be good enough and negates the need to have payslips stamped.

they have also changed the site recently so all docs can be scanned in

anybody know regarding bank statements? can they be just downloaded from the site or does it need to be on letter headed paper?

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:24 pm

Esstavar wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:35 pm
I have the available finances and the accomodation but i am confused about certain aspects of the visa such as if we need to upload all evidence or do they require stamped hard copies. I've heard payslips needed to be stamped at one point but now they can be scanned and uploaded. If there is a supporting letter from the employer signed, dated and on letter headed paper with a signature it should be good enough and negates the need to have payslips stamped. Correct

they have also changed the site recently so all docs can be scanned in

anybody know regarding bank statements? can they be just downloaded from the site or does it need to be on letter headed paper? Doenloaded statements are acceptable for direct uploading.

Thank you
Which route are you looking at...fiance visa, marriage visitor or spouse visa ...though only stated engagement in your previous post.?