ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILLNESS BENEFIT affects on Irish citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ime4196
Newly Registered
Ireland

ILLNESS BENEFIT affects on Irish citizenship application

Post by ime4196 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:52 am

Dear All

I was diagnosed early stage of Cancer and had sudden surgery while I had changed job and was on probation period. The employer of course wasn’t in position to give sick pay. I applied ILLNESS BENEFIT to department of social welfare and they paid for two weeks. On the other side my citizenship application is submitted more than one year ago and I am expecting a decision in near future. Now my question will illness benefits impact negatively on my application? If yes how can I return back benefits amount to department of social welfare?
I’m stamp 4 holder at present and got this status after 5 years of general employment permit while never claim any benefits before.
I’ll grateful if anyone please answer of my concerns.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Re: ILLNESS BENEFIT affects on Irish citizenship application

Post by Finepaddy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:36 am

ime4196 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:52 am
Dear All

I was diagnosed early stage of Cancer and had sudden surgery while I had changed job and was on probation period. The employer of course wasn’t in position to give sick pay. I applied ILLNESS BENEFIT to department of social welfare and they paid for two weeks. On the other side my citizenship application is submitted more than one year ago and I am expecting a decision in near future. Now my question will illness benefits impact negatively on my application? If yes how can I return back benefits amount to department of social welfare?
I’m stamp 4 holder at present and got this status after 5 years of general employment permit while never claim any benefits before.

No it won't effect your citizenship application and u don't have to return the money.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

sugeie
Ghana

Post by sugeie » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:58 pm

ime4196 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:52 am
Dear All

No this will not affect your citizenship. There is a difference between receiving social benefits and social assistance. The first you are entitled to as a tax payer and does not mean you are a burden to the state as the money you are getting is what you put in. The second however will negatively impact your application as it means you were a burden to the state. Even then i have heard of people who got citizenship even though they received assistance. Those issues are done a case by case bases and i would be shocked if you a cancer patient were refused citizenship based on this.

ime4196
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ime4196 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:22 pm

Thank you very much for reply.