ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accounts for naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Accounts for naturalisation application

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:20 am

Firstly, this means you have not self-submitted your documents as yet so you can still delete any unnecessary documents like nursery invoices now. I would stress to stick to the point and as per requirements/checklist. Unnecessary documents cause delays.

You can SELF-submit (optional) up to 48 hours before appointment OR you can submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission will send your documents to UKVI even before biometrics and it saves time. You can always add/upload anymore documents even after self-submission (in case missed documents) and will be able to submit at the appointment again.

The last option you see is the DCS service. You have to pay extra for Documents Checking Service. Did you pay for it? It is included in the price for enhanced centres. If you chose an enhanced centre OR paid for DCS separately then even if you self-submit, your documents will not be sent to UKVI until the appointment itself. It is NOT related to the payment for the appointment slot, rather DCS is an extra service you have to buy or included by default in enhanced centres appointment price.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:33 am

I have as you mentioned uploaded loads of extra documents such as invoices for nursery, P60's and also self assessment. I will remove the invoices, just uploaded these today as I was not sure about the parental responsibility question.

I have checked the appointment, it says standard appointment and the centre is Leeds

Room 517, Regus, No 2 Wellington Place, Leeds

West Yorkshire

LS1 4AP

Also do I need to upload the previous passports? as there is travel history on the previous passports as well. I have just uploaded the current ones?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:47 am

You only need passport(s) and stamps covering last 5 years i.e. your qualifying period and to prove your continuous residency.

You have an option to self-submit as stated in my previous post yes.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:11 am

Thanks Cullinan.

So I dont need to upload previous passports?

Some of the travel history is on the old passport so wanted to check

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:17 am

Emirates wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:11 am
Thanks Cullinan.

So I dont need to upload previous passports?

Some of the travel history is on the old passport so wanted to check
Your absences from UK for last 5 years are relevant ONLY.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:22 am

Hi Bro,

Just uploading the checklist and identified there is a question:

Proof of living in the UK for Mr xx for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying applying as the spouse of a british citizen

Now to my understanding I have uploaded the travel history for the past five years. Is that correct? if not then what are the correct documents?

Thank You!

Regards,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:53 am

You have to list the absences from UK in the online form but the proof is: Passport stamps for last 5 years. Also make sure you meet the physical presence in UK requirement 5 years ago.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:10 am

Hey Cullinan,

Thanks.

Physical presence means exact same time five years back if I was in UK? I was to answer this question.

But out of curiosity this is a very daft question tbh. They should only bother about if the continuity has been broken.

Couple of questions please if that's ok?

I am have just checked my application form and I have only mentioned ILR and then answered No as I was thinking UKIM should have all these details? Will that be a detrimental error or should I just right a cover letter? if so to whom or what address I should address the letter to?

My Mrs is working part-time in a bank do I need to upload any of her earnings proof i.e. P-60.

Do I need to upload any latest proof of address for both of us. Showing we living at the current residence?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:47 am

Emirates wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:10 am
Hey Cullinan,

Thanks.

Physical presence means exact same time five years back if I was in UK? I was to answer this question.

But out of curiosity this is a very daft question tbh. They should only bother about if the continuity has been broken.

Couple of questions please if that's ok?

I am have just checked my application form and I have only mentioned ILR and then answered No as I was thinking UKIM should have all these details? Will that be a detrimental error or should I just right a cover letter? if so to whom or what address I should address the letter to?
Your question is unclear

My Mrs is working part-time in a bank do I need to upload any of her earnings proof i.e. P-60.
No

Do I need to upload any latest proof of address for both of us. Showing we living at the current residence?
No

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:04 pm

Hey bro,

The question on the form is 'Have you made any previous UK immigration application in the UK - I have said yes and mentioned ILR but then the question popped up again so I said no. So basically only mentioned about ILR. Will that be any issue?

Regards,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:34 pm

Emirates wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:04 pm
Hey bro,

The question on the form is 'Have you made any previous UK immigration application in the UK - I have said yes and mentioned ILR but then the question popped up again so I said no. So basically only mentioned about ILR. Will that be any issue?

Regards,
Mention all previous applications in the cover letter and upload with your documents.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:59 pm

Perfect thanks.

Have you got any format please?

If not, then could you please tell me whom I need to address the letter to? just the starting bit where we put the name and address of the organisation we are addressing to, rest I will draft the cover letter.

Thank you!

artsy
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by artsy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:54 pm

Hi
I came to the UK on student visa and then applied for asylum, now it's about 12 months after my ILR and I'm applying for naturalisation.
I have 2 Qs regarding the previous immigration applications, Do the applications for Travel document and work permission count?
Aslo. in my previous application for Travel document I forgot to include an application I made 10 years ago and I had no issue, should I include it in the naturalisation?
I appreciate your help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:21 pm

artsy wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:54 pm
Hi
I came to the UK on student visa and then applied for asylum, now it's about 12 months after my ILR and I'm applying for naturalisation.
I have 2 Qs regarding the previous immigration applications, Do the applications for Travel document and work permission count?
Aslo. in my previous application for Travel document I forgot to include an application I made 10 years ago and I had no issue, should I include it in the naturalisation?
I appreciate your help.
Please start your new topic. ILR via Refugee Status is not relevant here.

artsy
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by artsy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:24 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:21 pm
artsy wrote:
Hi
I appreciate your help.
ILR is not in question here,just a background, my question is precisely regarding the naturalization process, is it not what the thread is about?
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:30 pm

artsy wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:24 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:21 pm
artsy wrote:
Hi
I appreciate your help.
ILR is not in question here,just a background, my question is precisely regarding the naturalization process, is it not what the thread is about?
Thanks
I meant AN not ILR. It was a mistype. This is someone else’s topic you tagged your question to, not a general thread.

artsy
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by artsy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:57 pm

Thanks

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Naturalisation Application Approved

Post by Emirates » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:08 pm

Hi All,

3 applicants me, partner and daughter 3 years

Application applied 21/11/2020
Biometrics done 18/12/2020 (Paid)

Application approval came through on 15/03/2021 (4 months approx) AlhamduLilah.

Thanks to all specially Cullinan and the other moderators.

Regards,