ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT and cool off period

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chkrishna
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ICT and cool off period

Post by chkrishna » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:41 pm

Hello,

I came to UK on tier 2 ICT. In the 5th year, I have moved into Tier 4 dependent to serve the cool off period working for the same employer.

I am assuming cool off period will start immediately after moving into Tier 4 dependent. I would like to switch into Tier 2 ICT primary applicant now after completing one year on Tier 4 dependent visa. Will there be any issues in switching to Tier 2 ICT (currently my employer said they can process only Tier 2 ICT but not the new PBS visa)?

Thank you

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Tier 2 ICT and cool off period

Post by poper » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:47 pm

Should be fine
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

chkrishna
Newly Registered
India

Post by chkrishna » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:53 pm

Thank you. Given the COVID situation, can it be done within UK without traveling to the home country.

James.Dunlop
Site Admin

Post by James.Dunlop » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:24 pm

Hi

Rather than use T2ICT, I suggest you move to the Skilled Worker visa. If your employer has a T2 license, they will be able to do Skilled worker sponsorship from Jan 2021 (actually they can sponsor now, for roles starting in Jan 2021 or later).

You may still end up with ILR under the 10 year route rather than 5yrs under skilled worker, but, if you end up having to travel a lot, the skilled worker route allows you much more time out of the UK

Best of luck
James Dunlop

mailto:james.dunlop@jdunlop.com

chkrishna
Newly Registered
India

Post by chkrishna » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:12 am

Thank you James.

Any idea, given the COVID situation, either skill based visa or ICT visa can be done within UK without traveling to the home country.

James.Dunlop
Site Admin

Post by James.Dunlop » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:09 pm

Hi. Apologies for not noticing this earlier. Yes, we can apply in the UK for T2ICT to Skilled Worker switch.
James Dunlop

mailto:james.dunlop@jdunlop.com