ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A question to Mr Obie / Senior Members

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hrak1978
Member of Standing

A question to Mr Obie / Senior Members

Post by hrak1978 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:13 pm

Dear Mr Obie / Senior members,

A question is what will happen after 31st December I mean in sense of family permit? or direct family members? Will they be able to apply after 31st December or 31st December is the last day to apply?

I am under the impression that direct family member can apply until 31st June 2021 but not EFM. I have not been updated with some information due to family commitments and work reason.

Please advise regarding this.

Many thanks in advance and much appreciated.

Kindest Regards,
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Re: A question to Mr Obie / Senior Members

Post by hrak1978 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:55 pm

Anyone please advise?

I will be grateful!!!!
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:09 pm

My understanding:

- EU Citizen: must come to the UK before Dec 31, 2020 and can apply for EUSS until end June 2021 (June 30, 2021)

- EU Citizen close family: must come to the UK before Dec 31, 2020 (or the relation must have started before Dec 31, 2020) and can apply for EUSS until end June 2021 (June 30, 2021). There is an exception for Swiss citizens. They can bring family members until Dec 31, 2025

- Swiss citizens can bring family members until end 2025 even if the relationship started after Dec 31, 2020. That's to say, a Swiss citizen can marry someone in 2023 and still bring that spouse using the EU settlement scheme

- There is no provision for EFM beyond Dec 31, 2020. They won't qualify under the EUSS.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:34 am

Application for extended family members made before December 31 will be considered and they will fall under the scheme if successful in their application.

Durable partners can apply after 31-12, if their relationship started before the end of the year or was durable before then.

All other family relationship existing before 31-12, are covered and can come in even after June 30 2021.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors