ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sep 2020 : Seeking info reg application for Indian passport for minor born in UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pandeyg
Newly Registered
India

Sep 2020 : Seeking info reg application for Indian passport for minor born in UK

Post by pandeyg » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:16 pm

Hi All - I have applied for the Birth Reg with IHC London and once i get the Birth Reg Certificate I'll apply for the Indian passport for my daughter. I had following question-
1. Permanent address (Indian) in my Wife's and my passports are different.Will it cause any issue in getting passport for my daughter from VFS UK?

srsw

Re: Sep 2020 : Seeking info reg application for Indian passport for minor born in UK

Post by srsw » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:19 pm

As long as you use one of those addresses in your/your wife's passport it should be ok.

Even if you go for completely new address it's fine, provided the new address is on your Aadhar card, etc. & you can show that as evidence.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

pandeyg
Newly Registered
India

Re: Sep 2020 : Seeking info reg application for Indian passport for minor born in UK

Post by pandeyg » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:36 pm

Hi All , I would like to share my experience of Passport application for my 7 month old daughter. My appointment was on Goswell road.Mode of application was tatkaal.
1.Appointment:Usual way of going to the link
https://www.vfsvisaservice.com/IHC-UK-A ... eUVLcp3A4=
2.Documents:
Put baby's thumb impression at space provided -under the photograph space. Do not sign here
At the last page of application ,sign in the box (One parent's sign)
Take annexures and sign as appropriate.
At Annexure E,put your signature
Declaration form- put baby's name after I and put your signature.
Baby's Appearance change declaration form is not required(it was returned to me)
Baby's PPF is not required (returned to me).
Take PPF for yourself and spouse - put two vouching people from Indian address.
Photographs - 3 were taken ,plane white background .I made the photos myself using a color printer and HP photo papers. It took a while to master.
On appointment day - Appointment timings do not make any sense - if you reach early you will get token early
and you will be served early. There will be delay and wait (30 minutes for me)
On the counter -
Question for the need for tatkaal was asked and a paper was provided to fill up the reasons.
DX courier sticker was provided to fill up address,
My and my spouse's names are not endorsed on each others passport - however I faced no issues or questions regarding this .I had read many Indian PSK experiences where parent's were forced to have the names endorsed. Probably because we provided Marriage certificate hence it wasn't deemed necessary.
Indian address in my wife's passport and my passports are also different and we did not face any question regarding this.
Passport status was appearing Printed on next day of appointment.
Total cost was 173 pounds for me.Any questions please ask.

kpkumar
Newly Registered
India

Post by kpkumar » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:52 pm

pandeyg wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:36 pm
Hi All , I would like to share my experience of Passport application for my 7 month old daughter. My appointment was on Goswell road.Mode of application was tatkaal.
2.Documents:
Put baby's thumb impression at space provided -under the photograph space. Do not sign here
Baby's Appearance change declaration form is not required(it was returned to me)
Photographs - 3 were taken ,plane white background .I made the photos myself using a color printer and HP photo papers. It took a while to master.
On appointment day - Appointment timings do not make any sense - if you reach early you will get token early
On the counter -
Question for the need for tatkaal was asked and a paper was provided to fill up the reasons.
My and my spouse's names are not endorsed on each others passport - however I faced no issues or questions regarding this .I had read many Indian PSK experiences where parent's were forced to have the names endorsed. Probably because we provided Marriage certificate hence it wasn't deemed necessary.
Indian address in my wife's passport and my passports are also different and we did not face any question regarding this.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Is your child passport issued without any police verification?

I'm in the process of applying passport for my Baby from UK. Both Parents( mine & spouse ) has same address and spouse name printed each other passport. However, No one living at that place and property sold.

Is it worth taking risk to use same address as passport?

pandeyg
Newly Registered
India

Post by pandeyg » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:10 pm

Yes , there was no police verification done.

priyakute

Post by priyakute » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:59 pm

Hello,

I just saw your post, I am also unable to get VFS appointment for passport renewal. I am trying for both london and hounslow. Could you please advice how did you book appointment?

thanks,
Priya

pandeyg
Newly Registered
India

Post by pandeyg » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:06 pm

It was through the link I have provided in my previous reply , I did have to wait for a few days for appointment in London to be available, earlier all I was getting were in Bristol.
They open around 11 AM everyday ,try then to see the availability. They fill up fast though.

kirukiru
India

Post by kirukiru » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:02 pm

pandeyg wrote:
2.Documents:
On the counter -
hi,

did u take two copies of all documets ? sorry i have read that it is not needed...
and did u visit alone ? if yes - was there a need of authorization letter ?thanks

vab
Mood:
India

Post by vab » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:48 pm

Hi

Can I submit my baby application myself or I need to take him to the appointment? He is 2 months old only.
Thanks
Vab

kpkumar wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:52 pm
pandeyg wrote:
2.Documents:
On the counter -

I'm in the process of applying passport for my Baby from UK. Both Parents( mine & spouse ) has same address and spouse name printed each other passport. However, No one living at that place and property sold.

pandeyg
Newly Registered
India

Post by pandeyg » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:28 pm

kirukiru wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:02 pm
pandeyg wrote:
2.Documents:
On the counter -
hi,

did u take two copies of all documets ? sorry i have read that it is not needed...
and did u visit alone ? if yes - was there a need of authorization letter ?thanks
Nope- I took just one copy of each . I did take extra blank copies of Annexures and PPF in case they ask me to change something and photocopies etc are chargeable.I took extra Photos too. I visited alone , no need to take your baby or partner with you. I did take authorization letter with me but it was not asked, but i'll advise to carry it with you.
Last edited by pandeyg on Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pandeyg
Newly Registered
India

Post by pandeyg » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:30 pm

vab wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:48 pm
Hi

Can I submit my baby application myself or I need to take him to the appointment? He is 2 months old only.
Thanks
Vab

kpkumar wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:52 pm
pandeyg wrote:
2.Documents:
On the counter -

No need to take baby and partner with you .