ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help how to get Mum across to UK!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

k229MM3
Newly Registered
Denmark

Help how to get Mum across to UK!

Post by k229MM3 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:38 am

Hi

I am a Danish Citizen with a Danish passport currently living in Pakistan with my mum.

My mum is a Pakistani Citizen.

I want join my sister who is a British Citizen and live in the UK with her.

How can my mum and I join my sister and live the uk permanently??

Have I left it too late under the various EU schemes?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Mohammed

kamoe

Re: Help how to get Mum across to UK!

Post by kamoe » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:04 pm

Is your mum dependant on any of you or your sister?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

k229MM3
Newly Registered
Denmark

Post by k229MM3 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:38 am

Yes I provide 100% of all her financial needs, so yes dependant on me.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:03 pm

k229MM3 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:38 am
Yes I provide 100% of all her financial needs, so yes dependant on me.
Then your sister is out of the picture here.

You would need to move to the UK before December 31st 2020. In the context of the EU Settlement Scheme, a used boarding pass or entry stamp on passport showing you entered the UK before that date, and dated no older than a month from the date of your application for Pre-Settled Status, is considered proof of your apparent residence here.

If you do not move to the UK before December 31st 2020, then yes, you would have left it for too late and there would be no route for your or your mother, to move into the UK under any EU route, and you would need to explore the other international routes.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:20 pm

I want to clarify that the deadline of 31st December is only for you to move. As long as you meet the deadline yourself, then your mother can move later, up until June 30th 2021.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:08 pm

If you are going to work and will continue to pay for your dependant then this won't be a problem - From 1 January 2021, it appears the UK will not allow access to UK public funds anymore (as they had to do under EU rules). Publlc funds are some benefits, emergency housing and being housed by a council.

Pre-settled status is only LLR (Limited leave to Remain) and LLR is No Recourse to Public Funds.

k229MM3
Newly Registered
Denmark

Post by k229MM3 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:09 am

Thanks for the info

When you say no access or limited access to public funds, does that mean she cannot use the NHS or GP when she falls ill?

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:49 am

k229MM3 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:09 am
When you say no access or limited access to public funds, does that mean she cannot use the NHS or GP when she falls ill?
JB007 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:08 pm
Publlc funds are some benefits, emergency housing and being housed by a council.
Under the rules at present, the NHS is not public funds. Citizens advice for those with Pre-Settled Status only seems to change for public funds after 31 December 2021

It appears that in the event of no deal, the UK has said that they will no longer pay for the healthcare of elderly British citizens living in an EEA country who are in receipt of a UK state pension (under the EU S1) but these will be allowed to come to the UK to use the NHS without charge. Those retirees in the EEA countries and not in receipt of a UK state pension, were havng to pay their own healthcare anyway as the UK changed the rules in 2015 (?) and the UK stopped paying for their healthcare.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:23 am

JB007 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:49 am
Citizens advice for those with Pre-Settled Status only seems to change for public funds after 31 December 2021
I meant 30 June 2021 of course, (not December 2021) when Citizens Advice have said UK public funds will likely end for those only granted pre-settled status.

You can continue to claim benefits and get help with housing from your local council until 30 June 2021.

After that date, some benefits like Universal Credit, Pension Credit and Child Benefit might stop if you don’t have settled status. You might not be able to get help with housing from your local council.

Bottom of the page
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immig ... om-the-eu/

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:10 pm

Public funds include a range of benefits that are given to people on a low income, as well as housing support. These are:

income-based jobseeker’s allowance
income support
child tax credit
universal credit
working tax credit
a social fund payment
child benefit
housing benefit
council tax benefit
council tax reduction
domestic rate relief (Northern Ireland)
state pension credit
attendance allowance
severe disablement allowance
personal independence payment
carer’s allowance
disability living allowance
an allocation of local authority housing
local authority homelessness assistance

Public funds do not include benefits that are based on National Insurance contributions. National Insurance is paid in the same way as income tax and is based on earnings. Benefits to which a person is entitled as a result of National Insurance contributions include:

contribution-based jobseeker’s allowance
incapacity benefit
retirement pension
widow’s benefit and bereavement benefit
guardian’s allowance
statutory maternity pay
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... blic-funds