ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dragon098
Mood:

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by dragon098 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:42 pm

londuk1 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:36 pm
Hi dragon098.
I had my virtual ceremony today with the registrar from Wandsworth Council. They didn't ask for any payment thankfully.

However, they had my old address in their log and they said they cannot post my certificate to my new address so I have to go to the town hall and pick it up tomorrow.
I'll be moving in a month so thanks for heads up, I will ask them if I can come to pick it up in Townhall. It looks like printing and posting or emailing invite has slowed down. All we can do now is wait and due to non-stop lockdown it doesn't really help us.
Anyways, Congrats, you're British now. Hopefully, applying for passport shouldn't be as stressful as this.

awilkes
Newly Registered

Post by awilkes » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:59 pm

Hey Everyone,

It's been longer than a month now since I received my invitation mail, My council (H&F) keeps telling me they haven't received my certificate yet. I tried to email home office but no luck. Could anyone give me some advice what to do next?

The mail says I have 21 days, so I passed that deadline.

Thanks

mrmo93
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrmo93 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:38 pm

awilkes wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:59 pm
Hey Everyone,

It's been longer than a month now since I received my invitation mail, My council (H&F) keeps telling me they haven't received my certificate yet. I tried to email home office but no luck. Could anyone give me some advice what to do next?

The mail says I have 21 days, so I passed that deadline.

Thanks
Its actually six months now

London249
Pakistan

Post by London249 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:24 pm

Hi anyone from November approved have received cermony letter I got approved 9th of November via email or any idea still waiting for invitation please advice.

Abxnair
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Abxnair » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:55 pm

I enquired about my certificate last day at NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk and got a replay as below.

It didn't help at all and added more confusion :? Did they ask to wait for another 8 to 12 weeks? or is it a generic email? Confused now! I am approved on 7th October.
Thank you for your enquiry about your citizenship ceremony.

We are currently working with Local Authorities throughout the UK and with overseas diplomatic posts as they begin to resume Citizenship Ceremonies. Service has not yet returned to normal due to continuing adherence to Government advice on social distancing ¿ which is subject to some local and International variance.

Due to the strict social distancing measures currently in place and to ensure the safety of our staff, regrettably, resources in our Ceremonies and Citizenship Support department are extremely limited, at present.

With regards to individual/private/virtual ceremonies, we are aware that some local authorities have already started to offer this service however it is up to each council as to whether or not they can carry out these with social distancing measures in place. Further to this, unless you have exceptional circumstances, we are unable to accommodate requests to expedite ceremony invites/despatch of certificates at present for the reasons given above.

Please be assured that our ceremonies and citizenship support team will issue your ceremony invite letter by post within the next 8 to 12 weeks. You are required to attend a citizenship ceremony within 6 months of the date printed on your ceremony invitation. Upon receipt of the invitation letter, you can make the necessary arrangements with your local authority.

We will keep ceremony deadlines under constant review. Please be assured that no adverse decisions will be made on your application because of delays caused by Coronavirus (unless there is a material change in your circumstances, for example, you are convicted of a criminal offence).

Please do not contact your Local Authority until you have received your invitation as they will not have your certificate to conduct your ceremony before this.

I fully appreciate that you attending your citizenship ceremony is the final part of the process and please be assured that we aim to resolve this situation as quickly as possible.

During this time UKVI are receiving a high volume of enquires that may take longer than usual for a reply. Please do not contact the Visas and Citizenship department to request your ceremony be held in another location based on ceremony date availability as such requests cannot be accommodated and will be declined.

Yours sincerely

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

successorxx
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by successorxx » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:22 pm

Abxnair wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:55 pm
I enquired about my certificate last day at NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk and got a replay as below.

It didn't help at all and added more confusion :? Did they ask to wait for another 8 to 12 weeks? or is it a generic email? Confused now! I am approved on 7th October.

We are currently working with Local Authorities throughout the UK and with overseas diplomatic posts as they begin to resume Citizenship Ceremonies. Service has not yet returned to normal due to continuing adherence to Government advice on social distancing ¿ which is subject to some local and International variance.

Due to the strict social distancing measures currently in place and to ensure the safety of our staff, regrettably, resources in our Ceremonies and Citizenship Support department are extremely limited, at present.

With regards to individual/private/virtual ceremonies, we are aware that some local authorities have already started to offer this service however it is up to each council as to whether or not they can carry out these with social distancing measures in place. Further to this, unless you have exceptional circumstances, we are unable to accommodate requests to expedite ceremony invites/despatch of certificates at present for the reasons given above.

Please be assured that our ceremonies and citizenship support team will issue your ceremony invite letter by post within the next 8 to 12 weeks. You are required to attend a citizenship ceremony within 6 months of the date printed on your ceremony invitation. Upon receipt of the invitation letter, you can make the necessary arrangements with your local authority.

We will keep ceremony deadlines under constant review. Please be assured that no adverse decisions will be made on your application because of delays caused by Coronavirus (unless there is a material change in your circumstances, for example, you are convicted of a criminal offence).

Please do not contact your Local Authority until you have received your invitation as they will not have your certificate to conduct your ceremony before this.

I fully appreciate that you attending your citizenship ceremony is the final part of the process and please be assured that we aim to resolve this situation as quickly as possible.

During this time UKVI are receiving a high volume of enquires that may take longer than usual for a reply. Please do not contact the Visas and Citizenship department to request your ceremony be held in another location based on ceremony date availability as such requests cannot be accommodated and will be declined.

Yours sincerely

I can 100% tell you this is a generic email...Copy and Paste...I got exactly the same type of message a week ago......So bother no more after this email I can categorically tell you they wont reply you anymore Just wait......Talking from experience..

mrmo93
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrmo93 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:49 pm

So guys how far do you think Baybars model has been taken off?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:50 pm

London249 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:24 pm
Hi anyone from November approved have received cermony letter I got approved 9th of November via email or any idea still waiting for invitation please advice.
Too early for November. ... you will hopefully get it by end of January
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Rabs

Post by Rabs » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:02 pm

mrmo93 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:49 pm
It seems it isn't applicable any longer. Invitations are not being released in the numbers required to develop another model unfortunately! :cry:

mrmo93
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrmo93 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:10 pm

Rabs wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:02 pm
mrmo93 wrote:
It seems it isn't applicable any longer. Invitations are not being released in the numbers required to develop another model unfortunately! :cry:
Yes :cry: :cry:, Its frustrating because my turn is literally NEXT :( :( . Like I got approved 12 of October

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:26 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:50 pm
London249 wrote:
Someone already reported a couple days back to have received a ceremony invitation - approval on 4th Nov. I am 10th Nov approval and I am speculating receiving one by end Dec but lets see.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Rabs

Post by Rabs » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:45 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:26 pm
askmeplz82 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:50 pm
London249 wrote:
Someone already reported a couple days back to have received a ceremony invitation - approval on 4th Nov. I am 10th Nov approval and I am speculating receiving one by end Dec but lets see.
It seems all those people with the November approvals that got their Invitations were supposed to get the approvals earlier bcos they submitted their applications since June but didn't for some reason. H.O. therefore decided to send the approvals and invitations just days apart.
I saw someone who applied in June, never got any approval but just got the invitation in the post.

mename
Newly Registered
Cuba

Post by mename » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:17 pm

Is anyone from Westminster London council? Could you please share your timeline. Currently waiting from the beginning of November wonder when would be my turn

Soo123
Pakistan

Post by Soo123 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:23 pm

Hi

Is there anyone here with Hillingdon Council
It’s for a friend who got approved in November but waiting for the invitation letter

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:50 am

Saw this is Facebook group . Is that even possible ?
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:53 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:50 am
Saw this is Facebook group . Is that even possible ?
Do NOT post screenshots of personal details of people posting on Facebook groups. Also do not post any Facebook group details or links.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:02 am

successorxx wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:22 pm
Abxnair wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:55 pm

Yours sincerely

I can 100% tell you this is a generic email...Copy and Paste...I got exactly the same type of message a week ago......So bother no more after this email I can categorically tell you they wont reply you anymore Just wait......Talking from experience..
I got a very similar email telling me to wait 8-12 weeks and not contact anyone in the middle of September (approved in March). Still waiting for the paperwork. I don't think they've actually checked the status of your application, it's probably a generic email.

yogii96
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Post by yogii96 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:43 am

Hi I wanted to check if anyone here got this type of email?
Just want to confirm if this a generic email as well.

Good Morning

Thank you for your email

Upon investigation I can confirm that your citizenship ceremony documents have not yet been printed or despatched to the local authority. Your citizenship paperwork will be generated in coming weeks when current restrictions due to Coronavirus are eased.

In normal circumstances customers were required to book their citizenship ceremony within three months of being sent an invitation from the Home Office. Due to the current circumstances we have extended this period to six months. We will keep this under constant review. Please be assured that no adverse decisions will be made on your application because of delays caused by Coronavirus (unless there is a material change in your circumstances, for example, you are convicted of a criminal offence).

Kind regards

UKVI

Misty1
South Africa

Post by Misty1 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:45 am

mrmo93 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:10 pm
Rabs wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:02 pm
mrmo93 wrote:
Yes :cry: :cry:, Its frustrating because my turn is literally NEXT :( :( . Like I got approved 12 of October
I feel your pain... I was approved on the 6th. Feel so close, but now don't want to get my hopes up of receiving anything this year... Will be patient till mid Jan and then start chasing HO...

ellruf
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by ellruf » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:13 am

mename wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:17 pm
Is anyone from Westminster London council? Could you please share your timeline. Currently waiting from the beginning of November wonder when would be my turn
Waiting for my ceremony invitation letter from 2nd of October..

Abi00
Newly Registered

Post by Abi00 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:44 am

Hi yogii96
I got the same email this Monday after I emailed UKVI , approval 14 Oct

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:45 am

Update:

Approved: 10th Nov.

Ceremony Invitation EMAIL received today i.e. 18th Dec @9AM.

Council: Hounslow.

I emailed Hounslow council to book a private ceremony, awaiting their call back.

PS: Thank you @Baybars1. Your model is spot ON. Best wishes.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:47 am

I know someone who is timeline like mine but had their approval slightly delayed and they got the approval and invitation letter at the same time.....

His time line below;

Timeline:
In July 2020 applied
7th sep biometric
18th dec got the approval letter
And good part is same time I received ceremony letter
Ceremony is on 6th January 2021
LaDolceVita

en_ilegna
Newly Registered

Post by en_ilegna » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:52 am

My husband’s timeline:
Approved via email:9/06
Emailed MP: 7/12
Reply from MP asking for more details: 7/12
Invitation letter (email): 10/12
Private ceremony: today
Council: Barnet

At least they are starting to clear up spring approvals.
Hope those who are waiting will have theirs soon.

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:03 pm

Congrats CULLINAN, I am happy that you've finally got it now.

However, I am wondering beside handful of guys who got invitation for October Approval via email, some guys from November Approvals are getting it too. It seems like HO forgot whole October Approvals. Most of us who've emailed HO office got reply stating "they haven't printed or posted invitation and will print in coming weeks". This is really disappointing and I do understand it might depend on Council but it would be nice to get notified rather than copy paste email. I think getting email invitation would be more preferable than invitation being sent in post.