ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Appointment booking

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

solape
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - Appointment booking

Post by solape » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:04 am

Hello,

I have just submitted my application form and uploaded and submitted my documents via UKVCAS. I am not sure what the next step is. Do I need to book a physical appointment for biometrics and/or document submission or are applicant still being offered the option to use the IDV app? Should I wait to be invited to use the app? If I use the app would I still need to have my biometrics taken at a centre? :?

Thanks for your assistance.

Solape.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation - Appointment booking

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:08 am

You must book an UKVCAS appointment now. IDV is the past. Also, all documents are scanned and uploaded. See latest UKVCAS update as they are having some WorldPay issues.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

We already have a similar thread for these questions, please post any biometrics related future questions in the following thread:
british-citizenship/biometrics-appointm ... 99581.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

solape
Newly Registered

Post by solape » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:04 am

Thanks CULLINAN. I managed to get a free appointment for January after reading your response.

Thank you for signposting the biometrics/appointments thread. I'll stick to that now.

This website is amazing! A big thank you to all Admins, Gurus and members who provide resources even before you know you needed it.

arjay

Post by arjay » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:44 am

Once you have booked a biometric appointment, am I right in thinking that the UKVCAS (Sopra Steria) system won't then allow you to look round for a better or alternative appointment?

We couldn't get an appointment at the centre nearer to where we live (1.5hrs away), which is a library and only open 3 days a week, so we've been forced to book one at a more distant location several hours travel away (in January). I had been hoping, whilst waiting, to keep an eye open for an alternative appointment materialising nearer to us, but I now find that the UKVCAS system won't allow me to access the appointment booking page, presumably as we already have an appointment booked.

I don't suppose there might be any chance of them reverting back to using the IDV app system for Naturalisation biometric appointments?? That would have made life easier and particularly in these covid risky times.

arjay

Post by arjay » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:57 pm

Any thoughts on my above post/question, anyone, please?

I am concerned that the appointment we have booked in early January might get cancelled as it is in a high risk area and far from where we live. The way the system is, it seems that because we have an appointment booked already, we are unable to check if there are any other available appointments at nearer venues.

piszteuo
inactive
Korea North

Post by piszteuo » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:52 pm

Cullinan will respond. He likes to think he knows everything.

phetherweyt
Sudan

Post by phetherweyt » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:09 pm

arjay wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:44 am
Once you have booked a biometric appointment, am I right in thinking that the UKVCAS (Sopra Steria) system won't then allow you to look round for a better or alternative appointment?
Correct

arjay wrote:
I don't suppose there might be any chance of them reverting back to using the IDV app system for Naturalisation biometric appointments?? That would have made life easier and particularly in these covid risky times.
I don't think anyone here knows what their plans are. Not even sure they do either. :lol:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:20 pm

piszteuo wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:52 pm
Why dont you respond instead then?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:30 pm

arjay wrote:
Correct

We couldn't get an appointment at the centre nearer to where we live (1.5hrs away), which is a library and only open 3 days a week, so we've been forced to book one at a more distant location several hours travel away (in January). I had been hoping, whilst waiting, to keep an eye open for an alternative appointment materialising nearer to us, but I now find that the UKVCAS system won't allow me to access the appointment booking page, presumably as we already have an appointment booked.
You can not view unless you cancel first. Stick with your appointment as you might loose this slot and pushed ahead in days if you cancel

IDV is the past. You must book an appointment for now.

arjay

Post by arjay » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:42 pm

Thanks guys. I was afraid that was the case, but just wanted to check to be sure.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:51 pm

piszteuo wrote:
Why did you say this to Cullinan, he is just trying to help others which some of us have not been doing, yet you are annoyed with him. All the moderators and gurus that are helping are just doing so out of love and should not be castigated. I think you should just apologise for this so there is no bad blood here. Just thinking.
Bizman

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:52 pm

bizman wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:51 pm
piszteuo wrote:
Why did you say this to Cullinan, he is just trying to help others which some of us have not been doing, yet you are annoyed with him. All the moderators and gurus that are helping are just doing so out of love and should not be castigated. I think you should just apologise for this so there is no bad blood here. Just thinking.
Thanks Bizman. User’s account has been deactivated by the moderators due to another offensive post.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:01 pm

I can imagine. Cheers mate
Bizman

Capri
Mood:

Post by Capri » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:52 pm

piszteuo wrote:
so rude, but really he knows everything and always is helpful for all.
“If there is a good will, there is great way.” :D

LexJag

Post by LexJag » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:16 pm

piszteuo wrote:
How rude!

Cullinan responds to posts because he is sensitive to the desperate needs of people. Unlike you despicable piszteuo. There are people who pay lots of money to get the responses freely found on this forum, even though the contributors declare that they aren't experts.

Cullinan, please don't take any offence to piszteuo's despicable post. And many thanks for even ignoring that post to respond to questions on this forum.

Kudos to all who help those in need...you're very much appreciated.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:23 pm

Thanks for your kind words Capri and Swtqtnel.