ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrmo93
Mood:
Sweden

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by mrmo93 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:13 pm

dragon098 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:03 pm
Congrats CULLINAN, I am happy that you've finally got it now.

However, I am wondering beside handful of guys who got invitation for October Approval via email, some guys from November Approvals are getting it too. It seems like HO forgot whole October Approvals. Most of us who've emailed HO office got reply stating "they haven't printed or posted invitation and will print in coming weeks". This is really disappointing and I do understand it might depend on Council but it would be nice to get notified rather than copy paste email. I think getting email invitation would be more preferable than invitation being sent in post.
I Feel that way too, were SOO CLOSE and thats why its SOO painful!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:14 pm

dragon098 wrote:

However, I am wondering beside handful of guys who got invitation for October Approval via email, some guys from November Approvals are getting it too. It seems like HO forgot whole October Approvals. Most of us who've emailed HO office got reply stating "they haven't printed or posted invitation and will print in coming weeks". This is really disappointing and I do understand it might depend on Council but it would be nice to get notified rather than copy paste email. I think getting email invitation would be more preferable than invitation being sent in post.
Tbh, I am not sure which sequence HO is following. I agree it is unfair for people who are waiting for a long time. I just followed @Baybars1 model which stated mine should come between 16th Dec - 30th Dec as I was approved on 10th Nov. And i got it today on 18th Dec.

Best wishes and I hope you and everyone else receives their invitations asap.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mrmo93
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrmo93 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:24 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:14 pm
dragon098 wrote:

Tbh, I am not sure which sequence HO is following. I agree it is unfair for people who are waiting for a long time. I just followed @Baybars1 model which stated mine should come between 16th Dec - 30th Dec as I was approved on 10th Nov. And i got it today on 18th Dec.

Best wishes and I hope you and everyone else receives their invitations asap.
Congrats man!, really happy for you!. Mine was all ready suppose to come between 02-18th december.

muyiwa333
Newly Registered

Post by muyiwa333 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:27 pm

Let us not worry much about approval date, CULLINAN as awaited 6 months from his date of application to get to where he is now. From June to December so I think that’s very fair...

I applied 26th of July and got approved 8 October by post. I refresh my email 1000 times in an hour 🤣🤣

[/quote]
Last edited by muyiwa333 on Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

muyiwa333
Newly Registered

Post by muyiwa333 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:28 pm

muyiwa333 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:27 pm
Let us not worry much about approval date, CULLINAN as awaited 6 months from his date of application to get to where he is now. From June to December so I think that’s very fair...

I applied 26th of July and got approved 8 October by post. I refresh my email 1000 times in an hour 🤣🤣

muyiwa333
Newly Registered

Post by muyiwa333 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:29 pm

muyiwa333 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:27 pm

raij
Poland

Post by raij » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:24 pm

End of week of 28 for invitation wait - thats 6,5 months of waiting so far and still waiting.
My MP is still pushing home office for answers and to clarity on the dates etc. So still waiting .
Any of MARCH/APRIL/MAY/JUNE - still waiting ?
How are you progressing with your cases ?

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:01 pm

en_ilegna wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:52 am
My husband’s timeline:
Approved via email:9/06
Emailed MP: 7/12
Reply from MP asking for more details: 7/12
Invitation letter (email): 10/12
Private ceremony: today
Council: Barnet

At least they are starting to clear up spring approvals.
Hope those who are waiting will have theirs soon.
Thanks for posting!
Do you have any information what exactly your MP asked for? I contacted my MP about my paperwork not being issued in September, they submitted at least 4 enquiries since, but my paperwork still hasn't been issued. I'm wondering if there is wording that helps get the paperwork printed...

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:02 pm

raij wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:24 pm
End of week of 28 for invitation wait - thats 6,5 months of waiting so far and still waiting.
My MP is still pushing home office for answers and to clarity on the dates etc. So still waiting .
I'm still waiting, March approval. A couple of weeks ago Citizenship Support told me the issue was investigated as an urgent matter. No further updates, no letter, no certificate.. No response on the complaint either.
Did you get any updates at all?

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:04 pm

yogii96 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:43 am
Hi I wanted to check if anyone here got this type of email?
Just want to confirm if this a generic email as well.

Good Morning

Thank you for your email

Upon investigation I can confirm that your citizenship ceremony documents have not yet been printed or despatched to the local authority. Your citizenship paperwork will be generated in coming weeks when current restrictions due to Coronavirus are eased.

In normal circumstances customers were required to book their citizenship ceremony within three months of being sent an invitation from the Home Office. Due to the current circumstances we have extended this period to six months. We will keep this under constant review. Please be assured that no adverse decisions will be made on your application because of delays caused by Coronavirus (unless there is a material change in your circumstances, for example, you are convicted of a criminal offence).

Kind regards

UKVI
A lot of people got this, myself included. I don't know what that means, apparently that they are not printing the paperwork just yet. Which is strange given that some of the recent approvals are getting processed quite quickly, so they are actually in a position to print the paperwork.

raij
Poland

Post by raij » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:08 pm

nnn15 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:02 pm
raij wrote:
I'm still waiting, March approval. A couple of weeks ago Citizenship Support told me the issue was investigated as an urgent matter. No further updates, no letter, no certificate.. No response on the complaint either.
i spoke to MP yesterday and he told me that the contact they have goes though different line , so they basically need to wait till the person they speak to at the home office get an update from the department.(its absolute madness if you ask me )
Have you contacted your MP , or made a complaint to the Home office?

maglum
Newly Registered
India

Post by maglum » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:33 pm

Yes, I also think October approvals are caught in the middle. It seems HO has mostly cleared until Sept approvals (by post method). and Nov approvals onward are getting the email invitations. Peculiar Home Office as always!

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:47 pm

raij wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:08 pm
nnn15 wrote:
raij wrote:
i spoke to MP yesterday and he told me that the contact they have goes though different line , so they basically need to wait till the person they speak to at the home office get an update from the department.(its absolute madness if you ask me )
My MP has been in the loop since September, but I understand the HO ignored even the MP for a couple of months. I spoke to my MP office and they said although they can ask the HO to print the paperwork and invite the HO to be reasonable, ultimately they don't have any power over the HO and it's entirely up to the HO when they decide to print and send the paperwork. Well in this case I think it's fair to submit regular enquiries so the HO doesn't completely forget about the pending applications..

As for the complaints, I submitted two already. The first one (submitted in August) wasn't upheld, the response was my paperwork would arrive within 8-12 weeks. When nothing arrived after 12 weeks, I submitted a complaint about a complaint and am yet to receive a response.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:47 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:45 am
Update:

Approved: 10th Nov.

Ceremony Invitation EMAIL received today i.e. 18th Dec @9AM.

Council: Hounslow.

I emailed Hounslow council to book a private ceremony, awaiting their call back.

PS: Thank you @Baybars1. Your model is spot ON. Best wishes.
Private ceremony booked for mid January 2021. £250. All sorted.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

raij
Poland

Post by raij » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:54 pm

nnn15 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:47 pm
raij wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:08 pm
nnn15 wrote:
raij wrote:
My MP has been in the loop since September, but I understand the HO ignored even the MP for a couple of months. I spoke to my MP office and they said although they can ask the HO to print the paperwork and invite the HO to be reasonable, ultimately they don't have any power over the HO and it's entirely up to the HO when they decide to print and send the paperwork. Well in this case I think it's fair to submit regular enquiries so the HO doesn't completely forget about the pending applications..

As for the complaints, I submitted two already. The first one (submitted in August) wasn't upheld, the response was my paperwork would arrive within 8-12 weeks. When nothing arrived after 12 weeks, I submitted a complaint about a complaint and am yet to receive a response.
Keep reminding them ,and keep at it - they are way over their time frame and its just wrong that you are waiting so long :(

THENAB
Newly Registered

Post by THENAB » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:08 pm

I was directed to this thread in relation to a question I asked. I haven't received a invitation letter after 13 weeks of receiving the approval email. Now I don't know whether something has been posted and its been lost by Royal Mail. Or if they will also email me along with the post and if so I can just wait and there is just a delay in their processing. I contacted the Council and they think this shouldn't have taken this long but they won't confirm either whether they have received anything related to me. What is worrying me if there is a way to find out from UKVI/HomeOffice if my Invitation Letter was posted and if its been lost and this is not just a covid related delay?

Bikerboy86
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Bikerboy86 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:18 pm

###THIS IS NOT MY TIMELINE##@

COPIED FROM FACEBOOK

Application: 20th June
Biometrics: 24th August
Approval Email: 23rd November
Ceremony Invitation Email: 18th December

DONT KNOW WHAT ORDER HO IS FOLLOWING

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:14 pm

THENAB wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:08 pm
I was directed to this thread in relation to a question I asked. I haven't received a invitation letter after 13 weeks of receiving the approval email. Now I don't know whether something has been posted and its been lost by Royal Mail. Or if they will also email me along with the post and if so I can just wait and there is just a delay in their processing. I contacted the Council and they think this shouldn't have taken this long but they won't confirm either whether they have received anything related to me. What is worrying me if there is a way to find out from UKVI/HomeOffice if my Invitation Letter was posted and if its been lost and this is not just a covid related delay?
I've been waiting for the invitation letter for a long time as well, so here are some things you could do:
1) Try to find out whether or not your council does citizenship ceremonies if they have the naturalisation certificate, but the letter hasn't arrived. Some councils do it as letters sometimes get lost in the post. Some councils require the letter.
2) Try to find out if your council has your certificate. If they don't confirm, you can try to see if they have an online ceremony booking form and whether it goes through if you init your case id - that usually means your certificate arrived. If your council has your certificate and they could do the ceremony for you without the letter, you don't even have to deal with the HO which would be the best scenario.

If you do have to follow up with the HO, here is what you can try:
1) Email the HO Citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk, NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk. They are not always responsive, but you can try your luck.
2) Call the HO helpline and they might escalate your case.
3) Submit a complaint to the HO https://www.ukvi-complaints.homeoffice.gov.uk/reason about not having received your paperwork in 12 weeks.
4) You can also reach out to your MP and then they submit an enquiry to the HO, it worked for some people.

THENAB
Newly Registered

Post by THENAB » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:37 pm

nnn15 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:14 pm
THENAB wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:08 pm
I've been waiting for the invitation letter for a long time as well, so here are some things you could do:
1) Try to find out whether or not your council does citizenship ceremonies if they have the naturalisation certificate, but the letter hasn't arrived. Some councils do it as letters sometimes get lost in the post. Some councils require the letter.
2) Try to find out if your council has your certificate. If they don't confirm, you can try to see if they have an online ceremony booking form and whether it goes through if you init your case id - that usually means your certificate arrived. If your council has your certificate and they could do the ceremony for you without the letter, you don't even have to deal with the HO which would be the best scenario.

If you do have to follow up with the HO, here is what you can try:
1) Email the HO Citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk, NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk. They are not always responsive, but you can try your luck.
2) Call the HO helpline and they might escalate your case.
3) Submit a complaint to the HO https://www.ukvi-complaints.homeoffice.gov.uk/reason about not having received your paperwork in 12 weeks.
4) You can also reach out to your MP and then they submit an enquiry to the HO, it worked for some people.
That's very elaborate, so thank you for that! I actually know that my council won't do a ceremony without the letter, I am trying to actually get them to at least tell me that if they have received a certificate so that I can be sure my invitation letter just got lost in post. As for the other points of yours, I will definitely give them a go...cheers buddy!

Rabs

Post by Rabs » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:12 pm

Bikerboy86 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:18 pm
###THIS IS NOT MY TIMELINE##@

COPIED FROM FACEBOOK

Application: 20th June
Biometrics: 24th August
Approval Email: 23rd November
Ceremony Invitation Email: 18th December

DONT KNOW WHAT ORDER HO IS FOLLOWING
### Another FB Timeline ###

I received citizenship ceremony invitation email yesterday. I didn't received a approval letter.

Application: 25 June 2020
Idv image submitted: 8 September 2020
In person biometric:6 October 2020
Citizenship ceremony invitation email received:11 December 2020

Not sure what to think now :cry:

MALCOM2

Post by MALCOM2 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:30 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Update:

I emailed Hounslow council to book a private ceremony, awaiting their call back.

Congratulations culina I’m happy for you ,all the best . You nearly there . Please do you think I will received via email as well ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:37 pm

MALCOM2 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:30 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Update:

Congratulations culina I’m happy for you ,all the best . You nearly there . Please do you think I will received via email as well ?
You should keep an eye on email and post both. HO has recently started sending invitations via email. Not sure if HO is following the same in all cases or maybe only few councils. Good luck for yours! You are approved on 25th Nov. Hope you get it soon too!!

LNDwaiting
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by LNDwaiting » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:39 am

nnn15 wrote:
raij wrote:
Me too, March approval. I have done everything I can. I called the helpline again on 17 Dec, they gave me a ref number and then the next day I got a very long email asking for more details. The email says I should hear from them within 10 working days. I don't trust that I will get a reply within 10 working days but will wait as I don't have any option.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:31 am

yogii96 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:43 am
Hi I wanted to check if anyone here got this type of email?
Just want to confirm if this a generic email as well.

Good Morning

Thank you for your email

Upon investigation I can confirm that your citizenship ceremony documents have not yet been printed or despatched to the local authority. Your citizenship paperwork will be generated in coming weeks when current restrictions due to Coronavirus are eased.

In normal circumstances customers were required to book their citizenship ceremony within three months of being sent an invitation from the Home Office. Due to the current circumstances we have extended this period to six months. We will keep this under constant review. Please be assured that no adverse decisions will be made on your application because of delays caused by Coronavirus (unless there is a material change in your circumstances, for example, you are convicted of a criminal offence).

Kind regards

UKVI
yep exact same email
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Nature11
Mood:

Post by Nature11 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:38 am

Nature11 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:49 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:04 am
@Nature11

Even by @Baybars1 model. We are supposed to get between 16th Dec - 30th Dec. Seems spot on. I am hoping before Christmas.
Yes, we will definitely receive in between these date, but I have seen one more post today that someone has received invitation yesterday (application submission date was 25th June) . I hope we will get invitation next week...
Hi CULLINAN,

I have received ceremony invitation yesterday. 9:00am and I have also booked private ceremony for 23rd Dec...
as they don't have free slot until mid-march 2021.