ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continous residency

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

weinys
Newly Registered
Ireland

Continous residency

Post by weinys » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:47 am

I have received approval for the change of my stamp from the minister and i have been told as one of the conditions is:

"that you will reside continuously in the State.
'Continuous residency' means living in the State for the period covered by this temporary permission to remain, allowing for reasonable periods of absence from the State for holidays or exceptional family circumstances.
It is important to note that this temporary permission to remain in the State is granted to you subject to the result of enquiries as to whether you have obeyed the laws of the State or been convicted of any offense and have not been involved in criminal activity".

Now my question is can i travel to home country for my brother's wedding in mid january with the condition of continuous residency mentioned in the letter?
Also will i be able to enter Ireland without the new IRP Card on hand as i have to travel and i don't think the new card can be printed so soon (due to Xmas holidays and new years) as my appointment is on the 24th December.

Will any airline let me board the plane incase i am asked for the residency card at a stop over. This happened to me in my stop overs of both times i travelled once from Frankfurt and once from Paris.

Any advice/help will be appreciated.

Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Continous residency

Post by littlerr » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:41 am

What’s your nationality

weinys
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by weinys » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:21 pm

Pakistani

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:30 pm

You can of course travel abroad without breaking your continuous residency.

However, you won't be able to fly back to Ireland without a valid IRP card. You will not have a stamp in your passport now, so your IRP card is the one and only proof that you can enter Ireland.

You can try to get a re-entry visa but that is probably going to take even longer than just waiting for your IRP card to come back.

Zahid zahid
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Passport wont be stamp

Post by Zahid zahid » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:24 am

Hi, please tell me as our passports will not be stamped like i renewed on 8th dec 2020 for one year and there is no stamp just the irp card my question is next time when ill renew will they give me back my expired irp card to keep as proof Of this one year stamp?
Secondly i have all stamps in my passport just this is the only one year i dont have as rule changed on 2nd dec 2020, when ill apply for citizenship do i have to attach record of irp from supritendent of garda for recocknable residence or the expired irp card will be enough.
Thanku