ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI documents

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

21roses
Newly Registered

OCI documents

Post by 21roses » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:57 pm

Hello,

I will be grateful to anyone who is able to help. Thank you.

These are my questions:

1. I am applying on the basis of my parents, could it be attained on the basis of one parent or both? Because my mother has her last Indian passport but my father lost his.

2. Can the scanned documents be black and white print (for example like the old Indian passport photocopy) or does it need to be coloured copies of all documents?

3. My mother's signature in her last Indian passport is different to the signature in her British passport, does she need notary public letter to prove that both are her signatures or should it not matter?

Thanks again.

xebec
Australia

Re: OCI documents

Post by xebec » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:46 am

1. You can obtain the document on basis of one parent. If your father has a foreign passport use that one instead.
2. Use colour copies - many countries (such as Australia) only accept scanned coloured copies.
3. You would have to make an affidavit to attest that the signature has changed. She should sign both the old and new signatures on the document. This is eliminate any authenticity doubts the Indian authorities have.