ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

India visa for British national of Pakistani origin

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Selina001

India visa for British national of Pakistani origin

Post by Selina001 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:37 pm

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing good.

So after a long wait and numerous posts on this forum, my husband finally got his BRP.

This topic is to ask for a bit of guidance.

I married my husband a few months back. He is an Indian National and currently on a spouse visa here in England.

I am a British Citizen, however, I am of Pakistani Origin.

We want to travel to India (Jammu City) in March so that his family can throw a small wedding party for us.

The issue we have is, I am afraid of my visa being rejected because of my origin (due to the issues between India and Pakistan)

I myself am a British national, I was born here and the last time I went Pakistan was in 1998, never been since and wont be going back ever again.

Has anyone ever come across such a situation or do you know how easy/difficult it is for a British National of Pakistani origin to travel to India?

We have looked at the application form and it does ask where the parents’ of the applicant were born.

Also, should I apply online or at the consulate?

Thanks,
Selina

Selina001

Re: India visa for British national of Pakistani origin

Post by Selina001 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:48 pm

Anyone?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:17 am

While I can't speak from personal experience, I would think that your plan to travel to India could be complicated and will require a lot of planning.

A further complication is that your destination in India is in Jammu, part of the territory disputed between the two countries.

I suggest having a look at the website of the Indian High Commission in Islamabad, which gives an idea of how India treates visa applications from Pakistan itself, and at this document from the Ministry of Home Affairs, India, which lists the requirements for traveling to Restricted and Protected Areas.

Have you at any time in the past held any Pakistani identification document, such as a Pakistani passport or a Pakistani citizen ID card (NICOP card)?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

xebec
Australia

Post by xebec » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:51 am

You can apply for the visa. It will take a long time, Be prepared that you would have to provide a lot of documentation to support your visa request.

Some tips to make it easier and preempt any requirements
1. You have adequate funds to cover the trip and wedding
2. You get a police clearance from the UK
3. Husband provides strong ties to Jammu - birth / education certificates
4. Reason and any bookings made to prove the visit is genuine

Have a read of this: https://www.mha.gov.in/PDF_Other/AnnexV_01022018.pdf

wd06
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by wd06 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:54 am

Selina001 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:37 pm
Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing good.

So after a long wait and numerous posts on this forum, my husband finally got his BRP.

This topic is to ask for a bit of guidance.

I married my husband a few months back. He is an Indian National and currently on a spouse visa here in England.

I am a British Citizen, however, I am of Pakistani Origin.

We want to travel to India (Jammu City) in March so that his family can throw a small wedding party for us.

The issue we have is, I am afraid of my visa being rejected because of my origin (due to the issues between India and Pakistan)

I myself am a British national, I was born here and the last time I went Pakistan was in 1998, never been since and wont be going back ever again.

Has anyone ever come across such a situation or do you know how easy/difficult it is for a British National of Pakistani origin to travel to India?

We have looked at the application form and it does ask where the parents’ of the applicant were born.

Also, should I apply online or at the consulate?

Thanks,
Selina
Not sure if you are still looking for information regarding this, but you can apply using your British passport if you do not have Pakistani nationality.

If you have, or have ever held, a CNIC, NIC, or NICOP, you would be a Pakistani national. This would also be the case if your birth was registered at the Pakistani Consulate. If this applies, then you will need to apply for renunciation of Pakistani citizenship before applying for the visa.

dsingh2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by dsingh2020 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:14 pm

I am an Indian citizen on visa here in the UK and my wife has Pakistani nationality. We went to India last year (January)to visit our family. My wife applied for a visa about 4 months before the travel date. We got the visa in 2-3 months time. We had to submit 6 copies of all documents. And also needed to report to a Foreigner Registration Office (FRO) for reporting on arrival at our destination in India and also before exit. I think if you are a British citizen, then there is not a requirement to report to police station/ FRO. Visa application has to be filled online, then submitted at VFS centre with all documents. I hope this helps.