ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite leave to remain: Continuous residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

flowerpages
Newly Registered
Singapore

Indefinite leave to remain: Continuous residence

Post by flowerpages » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:12 pm

Hi, I need some advise regarding absences from the UK :?

I've been on a Tier 2 visa for almost 5 years and can apply for Indefinite leave to remain soon. I understand that no more than 180 days of absences are allowed in a consecutive 12-month period.

In the last 12 months, I spent a continuous 150 days working from my own home country (this was during the first UK Covid lockdown), and a few other shorter holidays. In total over 12 months, my total absence is just under 180days. My question is: Am I still required to provide supporting documents with my application? For example employer letter approving my remote-working arrangement? Or should this be OK considering I havent gone over 180days?

Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Indefinite leave to remain: Continuous residence

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:43 pm

flowerpages wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:12 pm
Hi, I need some advise regarding absences from the UK :?

I've been on a Tier 2 visa for almost 5 years and can apply for Indefinite leave to remain soon. I understand that no more than 180 days of absences are allowed in a consecutive 12-month period.

In the last 12 months, I spent a continuous 150 days working from my own home country (this was during the first UK Covid lockdown), and a few other shorter holidays. In total over 12 months, my total absence is just under 180days. My question is: Am I still required to provide supporting documents with my application? For example employer letter approving my remote-working arrangement? Or should this be OK considering I havent gone over 180days?

Thanks.
It is not about below or above 180days, all absences should be disclosed.