ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

russn
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by russn » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:52 pm

hannah2019 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:37 pm
askmeplz82 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:12 pm
5DBB8F13-3A9C-4F62-901D-BA9DDC6F8E16.jpeg
CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:20 pm
askmeplz82 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:07 pm
I just received my invitation for Citizenship Ceremony from Home Office by Royal Mail

Approval by email : 02/10/2020
Invitation Letter date : 08/12/2020
Invitation letter received by post : 21/12/2020

Anyone with Ealing council ? Do I have to wait for them now to send me a letter inviting me for the ceremony ?
No, you have already received that now. Simply contact the council as the letter instructs.
But this on their website . So I am confused

Hi

Congratulations for receiving your invitation. I’m from Ealing as well. I haven’t received my ceremony invitation yet but I contacted Ealing Council many times. You have to wait for them to send you a letter for group ceremony date and time according to their website if you want a group ceremony.

Don’t worry about their website if you want a private ceremony. You can contact them in 2 ways: 1. Filling their online form which they will email you back. 2. Call them and leave a voicemail which they will call you back.

Even you may contact them for group ceremony before you receive a letter from them via those 2 ways if you want to have your ceremony ASAP.

I’ve been approved on 5th November after 13 months and now I’m waiting for my invitation since then.

Please let me know if you get any information from them.
I am with Ealing as well and thank you so much for the info - it's really helpful. Approval date is Oct 27 so just eagerly waiting here.

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:38 pm

Thanks everybody for the update. It gives us some hope.
Still waiting for wife invitation letter (almost 12 weeks since approval). Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

Time line:
Application: 25 May
Biometric: 27 Augst
Approval: 2 October
Invitation: ????? Not yet

Contacted the HO last week and got that response:

Thank you for your further e-mail

You will be contacted in due course regarding your invitation.

Obviously, it is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). You will be contacted soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience

Support Nationality Group

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:54 pm

Bazaar wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:53 pm
nnn15 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:42 pm
NinashK wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:49 pm
Oops as I said on my first update on this forum that home office is a whole mess. Received my invitation letter today. Just as I was going to bin the brown envelope I saw another letter in there.

It was another invitation letter to one Walter B from Wandsworth. Fortunately for him his home address is on the letter so will mail it to him tomorrow.

So it could be that some of your letter have been received by others What a system.
OMG I can't believe this! Someone posted that physical letters are being sent instead of emails for security reasons...
how a letter can be sent for security reason when they don't even send it recorded delivery. I prefer an email, letters can be lost
They could digitise the citizenship certificates which would make things a lot easier for the councils as well. But even if printing a letter takes months, I can't imagine how long an upgrade of the system would take :(

tingtong69
Newly Registered

Post by tingtong69 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:27 am

nnn15 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:54 pm
Bazaar wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:53 pm
nnn15 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:42 pm
NinashK wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:49 pm
Oops as I said on my first update on this forum that home office is a whole mess. Received my invitation letter today. Just as I was going to bin the brown envelope I saw another letter in there.

It was another invitation letter to one Walter B from Wandsworth. Fortunately for him his home address is on the letter so will mail it to him tomorrow.

So it could be that some of your letter have been received by others What a system.
OMG I can't believe this! Someone posted that physical letters are being sent instead of emails for security reasons...
how a letter can be sent for security reason when they don't even send it recorded delivery. I prefer an email, letters can be lost
They could digitise the citizenship certificates which would make things a lot easier for the councils as well. But even if printing a letter takes months, I can't imagine how long an upgrade of the system would take :(
The certificate has a watermark on it to prevent fraud that’s why they aren’t digital as you suggest

aremis
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by aremis » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:53 am

Eligibility criteria: EU settled Status + 1 year
Date of receipt of approval: 20 October 2020
Invitation : ??
Ceremony : ??

Council Ealing

Misty1
South Africa

Post by Misty1 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:37 am

Finally received my invitation letter yesterday...

I should be happy, but now have a whole new issue... They confirm the details that will be printed on your Certificate in the letter, and they have somehow managed to get my "Name at Birth" wrong...
It does give you guidance on what to do if its incorrect, I'm just conscious this may add a few more weeks/months onto my timeline! :cry:

Can anyone tell me if I can apply for the passport at the same time as requesting an updated certificate? OR do I need to wait till I get the updated one back first before applying for my passport?

Anyway, this is my timeline.
Applied: 01/06/2020
UKVCAS IDV App: 28/08/2020
Approval Email: 06/10/2020
HO Letter Dated: 15/12/2020
HO Letter Received: 21/12/2020
Ceremony: Called, waiting date however been told Private Ceremonies are free as that's all they are doing at the moment. Torbay Council.

Stay positive everyone, and Merry Christmas

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:48 am

Misty1 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:37 am

I should be happy, but now have a whole new issue... They confirm the details that will be printed on your Certificate in the letter, and they have somehow managed to get my "Name at Birth" wrong...
It does give you guidance on what to do if its incorrect, I'm just conscious this may add a few more weeks/months onto my timeline! :cry:

Can anyone tell me if I can apply for the passport at the same time as requesting an updated certificate? OR do I need to wait till I get the updated one back first before applying for my passport?

Ceremony: Called, waiting date however been told Private Ceremonies are free as that's all they are doing at the moment. Torbay Council.

Congratulations for the invite.

I think you will need to get your certificate updated first before you apply for passport.
You will need to send certificate to passport office which has correct details else they won’t issue the passport as they will check all the details in your old passport and in their database.
Good luck

Misty1
South Africa

Post by Misty1 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:03 am

coolrockspart2 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:48 am
Misty1 wrote:

Congratulations for the invite.

I think you will need to get your certificate updated first before you apply for passport.
You will need to send certificate to passport office which has correct details else they won’t issue the passport as they will check all the details in your old passport and in their database.
Good luck
Wonderful.. :roll:
Found another feed that says its taking up to 2 months to get them corrected...

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:05 am

Misty1 wrote:

See:

british-citizenship/correcting-a-mistak ... l#p1972346
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Misty1
South Africa

Post by Misty1 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:16 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:05 am
Misty1 wrote:

See:

british-citizenship/correcting-a-mistak ... l#p1972346
Thanks, Thats the one I found too... :(
Not good news...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:20 am

England to most likely go in Lockdown on 30th Dec as cases surge - sky news.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Ms NANCY
Newly Registered

Post by Ms NANCY » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:38 am

It is hard to understand what order HO are following.
My friend in London was approved in 5th of Oct got her invitation today. I was approved in 2nd of October but heard nothing yet (Manchester). I can see many people from November got their invitations too so not really sure what is the logic behind this mess? :shock:

nadeem75
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nadeem75 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:01 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:43 pm
nadeem75 wrote:
Thanks Cullinan,
You always kind with members. And congrats that you got ceremony appointment.

Regards.
Thank you 😊
To CULLINAN
Please advise
I had applied children passport application online yesterday. And mentioned my friend as a referee,
for all applications. Passport office contact him and confirmed. Now I need to mail the documents.
I am sending originals citizenship certificates, passports latest and expired. Please advise any thing else need to be send ? I heard that Parrents consent form also required?

Regards

nadeem75
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nadeem75 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:01 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:43 pm
nadeem75 wrote:
Thanks Cullinan,
You always kind with members. And congrats that you got ceremony appointment.

Regards.
Thank you 😊
To CULLINAN
Please advise
I had applied children passport application online yesterday. And mentioned my friend as a referee,
for all applications. Passport office contact him and confirmed. Now I need to mail the documents.
I am sending originals citizenship certificates, passports latest and expired. Please advise any thing else need to be send ? I heard that Parrents consent form also required?

Regards

London249
Pakistan

Post by London249 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:11 am

Barking and Dagenham council update today one of my friend received the response from them also he did received the invitation on second of December.

Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on 19th December 2020, the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham is now under Tier 4 Covid-19 restrictions. We are no longer by law able to continue with group citizenship ceremonies.

Additionally, we do not appear to be in receipt of your paperwork due to a delay with the Home Office.

As soon as the restrictions have been lifted and we receive your paperwork, we will contact you.
Please note the office will be closed between 24th December 2020 and 3rd January 2021.

Kind Regards

Registration Team
Phone: 0208 270 4744 lbbd.gov.uk
London Borough of Barking and Dagenham | Woodlands, Woodlands House Rainham Road North | Dagenham | Essex RM10 7ER

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:41 am

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:35 pm
Timeline is

Applied 23rd July 2020
Bio reuse email 4th Sept 2020
IDV submitted 5th Sept 2020
Approval Email 15th Oct
Invitation EMAIL (not physical copy) 11th Dec 2020.
Ceremony 22nd Dec 2020. -- Online over zoom.

Council York

can someone confirm if this is a change in the process and no physical copy is required?
Done the ceremony today over zoom.
Took 10 mins for both my wife and me.
The certificate will be sent via post.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:42 am

nadeem75 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:01 am
To CULLINAN
Please advise

Regards
The checklist will let you know which documents are needed for the child. If I remember correct, the checklist asks for Parent’s consent? If it does, just simply add two lines and sign.

mename
Newly Registered
Cuba

Post by mename » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:44 am

Is there anyone from Westminster council? What is your timeline / are there any ceremonies happanening at the moment?

alexdreame
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by alexdreame » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:11 pm

mename wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:44 am
Is there anyone from Westminster council? What is your timeline / are there any ceremonies happanening at the moment?
Hey, i am with Westminster Council, but no updates. Still waiting for the letter - i was approved on the 19th of October. Upon my last conversation with the council over the phone yesterday I was told they havent been told to stop ceremonies due to tier 4 and to wait for invitation letter.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:29 pm

alexdreame wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:11 pm
mename wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:44 am
Hey, i am with Westminster Council, but no updates. Still waiting for the letter - i was approved on the 19th of October. Upon my last conversation with the council over the phone yesterday I was told they havent been told to stop ceremonies due to tier 4 and to wait for invitation letter.
I think Tier 4 will impact group ceremonies but not private. Also, things may slow down overall due to no group ceremonies or for councils who do not carry virtual ceremonies, given more councils likely will be in Tier 4 by end of the month.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:34 pm

Ms NANCY wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:38 am
My friend in London was approved in 5th of Oct got her invitation today. I was approved in 2nd of October but heard nothing yet (Manchester). I can see many people from November got their invitations too so not really sure what is the logic behind this mess? :shock:
Hi Nancy i am in the same boat as you from manchester. Please keep me posted if you get for invitation letter.

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:35 pm

rozearo wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:38 pm
Thanks everybody for the update. It gives us some hope.
Still waiting for wife invitation letter (almost 12 weeks since approval). Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

Time line:
Application: 25 May
Biometric: 27 Augst
Approval: 2 October
Invitation: ????? Not yet

Contacted the HO last week and got that response:

Thank you for your further e-mail

You will be contacted in due course regarding your invitation.

Obviously, it is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). You will be contacted soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience

Support Nationality Group
Finally my wife invitation arrived today after a longgggggggggggg wait.
As I expected yesterday, after folks in this form gave us hope by sharing the good news.
Good luck everybody :)

Ms NANCY
Newly Registered

Post by Ms NANCY » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:37 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:34 pm
Ms NANCY wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:38 am
Hi Nancy i am in the same boat as you from manchester. Please keep me posted if you get for invitation letter.
Hi Jasmine
I just found this afternoon a citizenship ceremony confirmation sent by Manchester Council. I was booked for 13 of January. Got in touch with them and they said that private ceremonies are fully booked until end of Jan.
They said it is okay if I have not got the HO letter before the ceremony. Their letter is enough.
Hope this was helpful.
I hope you get yours soon.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:56 pm

hannah2019 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:37 pm
askmeplz82 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:12 pm
5DBB8F13-3A9C-4F62-901D-BA9DDC6F8E16.jpeg
CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:20 pm
askmeplz82 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:07 pm
I just received my invitation for Citizenship Ceremony from Home Office by Royal Mail

Approval by email : 02/10/2020
Invitation Letter date : 08/12/2020
Invitation letter received by post : 21/12/2020

Anyone with Ealing council ? Do I have to wait for them now to send me a letter inviting me for the ceremony ?
No, you have already received that now. Simply contact the council as the letter instructs.
But this on their website . So I am confused

Hi

Congratulations for receiving your invitation. I’m from Ealing as well. I haven’t received my ceremony invitation yet but I contacted Ealing Council many times. You have to wait for them to send you a letter for group ceremony date and time according to their website if you want a group ceremony.

Don’t worry about their website if you want a private ceremony. You can contact them in 2 ways: 1. Filling their online form which they will email you back. 2. Call them and leave a voicemail which they will call you back.

Even you may contact them for group ceremony before you receive a letter from them via those 2 ways if you want to have your ceremony ASAP.

I’ve been approved on 5th November after 13 months and now I’m waiting for my invitation since then.

Please let me know if you get any information from them.
I send an email yesterday and today they replied to me . So after almost 3 months waiting I finally got invitation letter from home office but now again I have to wait another letter from the council 🤨🤨
Attachments
34D4EAD5-C5BC-4908-AFBC-7EE8B786E1AC.jpeg
34D4EAD5-C5BC-4908-AFBC-7EE8B786E1AC.jpeg (233.72 KiB) Viewed 1836 times
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Musti
Tunisia

Post by Musti » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:21 pm

Hi,
So basically I received my approval on the 5th, I spent 2 days trying to find out whether it is actually an approval as the PDF wouldn't open lol. I sent around 11 emails to every available home office email address lol and they replied in 2 days saying it was approved.

Today is actually my birthday and I have been following this thread for a couple of months on a daily basis. Today I received it as my birthday present Al Hamdulillah lol.

Application: 28th May
Biometrics: 4th September
Approval: 5th October
Ceremony invitation letter: 9 December
Received: 22 December

Hounslow Council, Cullinan we are in this together bro lol. I already emailed them, does anyone have an idea if they could possibly reply before new year?

Good luck everybody