ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

testinguk2010
India

Re: MN1 query

Post by testinguk2010 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:05 pm

Thanks mate

in that case am keeping as below

referee 1 - FAMILY FRIEND
referee 2 - FRIENDS SON

referee 1 - Friend who knows more than 5 years, > 25 years, british citizen, IT DIRECTOR OF A limited COMPANY registered

referee 2 - Friend who knows my family more than 3years, > 25 years, british citizen, ACCOUNTANT

note : i have referred to the guideline when i was filling the application
in the Nationality Policy: general information – all British nationals
Version 1.0
it mentioned the given categories

Commonly used terms in Nationality regulations and guidance This page provides summaries of terms commonly used in connection with nationality applications.

‘Acceptable professional persons’ means:

• accountant • airline pilot • articled clerk of a limited company • assurance agent of recognised company • bank or building society official • barrister • British Computer Society (BCS) - professional grades which are Associate (AMBCS), Member (MBCS), Fellow (FBCS) (PN 25/2003) • broker • chairman or director of limited company • chemist • chiropodist • christian science practitioner • commissioner for oaths • councillor: local or county • civil servant (permanent) • dentist • designated premises supervisors • director or Manager of a VAT registered charity • director, manager or personnel officer of a VAT registered company • driving instructor (approved) • engineer (with professional qualifications) • fire service official • funeral director • insurance agent (full time) of a recognised company • journalist • justice of the Peace • legal secretary (members and fellows of the Institute of legal secretaries) • local government officer • manager or Personnel officer (of limited company) • member of Parliament • member of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces • Merchant Navy officer • minister of a recognised religion • nurse (RN, SEN or holder of a BA in nursing) • officer of the armed services (active or retired) • optician

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:19 pm

Please suggest is it fine? or any issues
i would like to close this ambiguity today and submit the application as i was struggling since last week

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:28 pm

Yep, based on the circumstances it looks all good to go.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:35 pm

Many thanks, have a wonderful and lovely day ahead!

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:39 pm

also on the declaration page before submit button, am going ahead with selecting 'am the applicant'

because in the initial questions
who does this email belong to : the applicant
choose which category to apply under, you are a child under 18 and : you were born in the UK
*********************************************************************************************************************************

I confirm that:
(Required)

I am the applicant

I am a representative of the applicant and have been authorized to act on their behalf and have discussed and confirmed the contents of this application with them
***********************************************************************************************************

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:58 pm

Yep, I'm the applicant option.

Have a good weekend 👍
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:37 pm

Good evening admins,

Yesterday i have submitted the application. Thanks a lot for the timely help

In my view, here are the list of documents i need to upload for MN1 application is below

Kindl suggest if anything is missing from my side

- Scan copy of Parent BRP who got ILR
- Scan copy Birth certificate of the child
- Scanned copy of child's passport since born
- Scanned copy of Parents Marriage certificate
- - Consent form of mother and father signed
- Signatures of referee 1 in the photo attested
- Signature of referee 1 in the photo attested

Optional documents (nice to have)
- GP letter (not mandatory)
- Bank statement joint account (mother and father) latest
-Mothers passport current latest
- Scanned copy Parent's passport current latest

srsw

Post by srsw » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:22 pm

Optional docs listed are not required, but it's up to you.

I guess you meant second referee form as well.
If your kid has current BRP then do attach that as well.

Otherwise, everything looks fine.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:21 pm

Yes admin, you are right. its second referee
final list after review (could be useful for others too)

MANDATORY :
- Scan copy Birth certificate of the child
- Scan copy of child's passport since born
- Scan copy of current BRP of child
- Scan copy of Parents Marriage certificate
- Consent form of mother and father signed
- Signatures of referee 1 in the photo attested
- Signature of referee 2 in the photo attested
- Scan copy of Parent BRP who got ILR
- Scan copy of parent passport who got ILR

Optional documents (nice to have)
- GP letter stating that kid registered with GP
- Bank statement joint account (mother and father) latest - to prove the address
- Mother/father passport current latest (in mandatory if fathers, then here mothers passport)

Anmar7
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Anmar7 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:51 am

Where can I find the link the the consent form for parents /applying for British citizenship for a child/ please

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:45 am

It’s part of the MN1 form.

However, lack of consent is not a reason for a refusal for registrations under Section 1(3).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:53 pm

Hi admins,

Many thanks again for the wonderful support. really greatful

2 queries please?

1. would you please guide me the guidance of applicant photo to be glued in referee1 and 2.

Kid photo length and width please?

2. in the consent form by parents at the bottom of the page
i can see child signed details..in that is parent who is representing signature is required? or do i need to leave blank once i signed and my wife signed for father and mother. anyway guardian leave blank

see below

Child’s  consent  where  they  are  making  an  application  on  their  own   behalf   I  ________________________________________________  (name  in  block  letters)   apply  for  registration  as  a  British  citizen  and  attach  the  consent  of  my   father/mother/guardian  to  this  application.       signed

*********************************************************************************************************************************
complete form which i downloaded at the time of submitting the application

Consent  to  the  application     Father’s  consent   I    _________________________________    (name  of  father)  consent  to  this   application  for  the  registration  of    ____________________________  (name  of  child)   as  a  British  citizen.     signed                      

Mother’s  consent                                                                                                                                             I    _________________________________    (name  of  mother)  consent  to  this   application  for  the  registration  of    ____________________________  (name  of  child)   as  a  British  citizen.    

signed      

If  only  one  parent  has  signed,  please  say  why  the  other  parent  has  not  signed  and   provide  supporting  documents

Guardian’s  consent               I  __________________________________________  (name)     of  (full  address  in  block  letters)     ___________________________________________________________________   ___________________________________________________________________   ___________________________________________________________________   ___________________________________________________________________   Postcode:    ____________________     am  the  guardian  of  ______________________________________  (name  of  child)   and  consent  to  this  application  for  their  registration  as  a  British  citizen.  I  am   authorised  to  act  as  guardian  by  either  the  court  at:   ___________________________________________________________________   or   the  child’s  father  or  mother  whose  consent  is  attached     signed      

Child’s  consent  where  they  are  making  an  application  on  their  own   behalf   I  ________________________________________________  (name  in  block  letters)   apply  for  registration  as  a  British  citizen  and  attach  the  consent  of  my   father/mother/guardian  to  this  application.       signed      
*****************************************************************************************************************

srsw

Post by srsw » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:43 pm

1. It's the referee form itself, but here you go: https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

2. As kid is 2.5 yrs just mention N/A or leave it blank or don't attach that page when you upload. The caseworker will mainly need parent's consent/signatures, which you are doing.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:44 am

Many thanks
small query please..?

in the GP issued letter, they mentioned that my son belong to GP, registered date, address and contact numbers my wife and my mine.
but in the applicaiton i given another number which is not in GP contact list. would it be fine or any issue?

the reason being i given in the applicaiton unique number for each home office applciation
for eg: my number my applicaito, my wife application hers etc

srsw

Post by srsw » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:29 am

That shouldn't be an issue. Lots of people have multiple numbers. Don't overthink.

Caseworker is not a detective trying to solve a mystery so take it easy 😉

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:56 pm

Thanks,

Tomorrow is my biometric date for my kid's registration.
Finally, I uploaded the documents in UKVCAS
Please let me know all OK

I uploaded it as below :
LIFE EVENTS
1. Parents Marriage Certificate
2. Child Birth certificate
3. Child BRP

PROOF OF APPLICATION
4. Father BRP
5. Child parent consent form
6. Signed referee1 declaration
7. signed referee2 declaration
8. . Father settled passport pages
9. Mother passport

RESIDENCE IN THE UK:
10. GP letter
11. Latest house proof - utility bill of parents
12. Latest bank statement - house proof of parents

2. I didn't get the submit button after uploading the documents.
as I can see you suggested submitting (recommended) in UKVVAS prior to appointment in one of the forums
anyway caseworker will submit on tomorrow.
when I apply for my ILR there was a submit button and I submitted it 2 days before only.
May be today is just 1 day before the appointment date, i believe therefore the submit button is not available.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:24 pm

Kindly reply to the above email

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:12 pm

Dear admins,

I hope all is ok, no issues?

srsw

Post by srsw » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:51 am

Yes, you get submit option only if you upload before 48 hours or more.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:14 pm

I have attended the appointment with my son.
all done succcessully today at ukvcas centre Croydon within 10 minutes by officer.
photo captured
He said application submitted.

but I didn't get any text message that it has been submitted nor email
I opted for mobile service charge at the time of booking the appointment.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:10 pm

Thanks to the admins from the bottom of the heart in timely guidance and doubt clarifying. much appreciated. in this entire process, especially Cullinan and srsw for very swift responses.

i received message from UKVCAs that application successfully submitted.

Have a merry Christmas and great weekend!

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:15 pm

Morning Admins,

Wish you a Happy new year

small query please

1. I have attended biometrics.
Just want to know whether 2 referees will get notified by HO in email or postal address to confirm?

i heard by email they will ask to confirm?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:27 pm

Referees are not contacted. If they are, it is very very rare.

The email confirmation you are referring to is for the passport application, not MN1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.