ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Faithful01
Wales

Spouse visa extension

Post by Faithful01 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:00 pm

Hi everyone, sorry if this has been answered before, my husband’s first spouse visa is valid until the 26th of January 2021 and we are starting to gather our documents, when would be the best date to apply for the extension? Also is it the day the application is submitted online that is counted as renewal date or the day the biometrics is done? Thanks for your response.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Spouse visa extension

Post by Korekt » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:27 pm

Faithful01 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:00 pm
Hi everyone, sorry if this has been answered before, my husband’s first spouse visa is valid until the 26th of January 2021 and we are starting to gather our documents, when would be the best date to apply for the extension? Also is it the day the application is submitted online that is counted as renewal date or the day the biometrics is done? Thanks for your response.
You may apply at any time.

However, to avoid a shortfall to ILR, the window to apply opens 28 days before reaching 30 months residence counting from the date the visa was granted (or from date of entry to the UK on the visa if an entry clearance visa).

The last date to apply is the date the visa expires.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:35 pm

The date the application is paid for is the application date.

Biometrics can be submitted afterwards.

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:10 am

Thank you

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:13 am

Hi everyone, just putting together the 6 joint name bills for proof of cohabitation over the past two years, And our last joint bill for the year was in November. I plan on submitting my application on the 28th of December, is this too far apart or should I also include bank statements in our individual names to cover the one month shortfall? Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:33 am

Faithful01 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:13 am
Hi everyone, just putting together the 6 joint name bills for proof of cohabitation over the past two years, And our last joint bill for the year was in November. I plan on submitting my application on the 28th of December, is this too far apart or should I also include bank statements in our individual names to cover the one month shortfall? Thank you.
You need 2 years counting backwards from the date of application. It is best to add documents even in solo names but same address to cover Dec.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:44 am

Faithful01 wrote:
You can use the bank statement and upload it under evidence of cohab

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:19 am

Faithful01 wrote:
If you have something then add it otherwise such minimal gaps wont hurt anything provided the previous evidence was within 3-4 months of range of it.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:41 am

Yes they are all spaced within 3- 4 months and from four different sources but will add the bank statements too just to be safe. Thank you

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:31 pm

Faithful01 wrote:
Hi everyone, just putting together the 6 joint name bills for proof of cohabitation over the past two years
6 documents spaced over 3 or 4 months won't cover 2 years (24 months). If spaced 4 and 5 months, it will.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:58 am

Faithful01 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:41 am
Yes they are all spaced within 3- 4 months and from four different sources but will add the bank statements too just to be safe. Thank you
thats fine
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:54 pm

Hi everyone, just one last question before submission, can I use a 3months bank statement from the bank(not printed online) as part of my 2 year proof of cohabitation or does it have to be 6 months like the financial proof? Thank you.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:30 pm

Faithful01 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:54 pm
Hi everyone, just one last question before submission, can I use a 3months bank statement from the bank(not printed online) as part of my 2 year proof of cohabitation or does it have to be 6 months like the financial proof? Thank you.
It's not so much how many months; it's the date of issue that counts. And that covers you until the date of the next document, as needed.

For example if the bank statement is dated 5th August, then the next document may be dated 4 months later, 10th December, and so on.