ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submitting documents to UKVI before appointment: advantages?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

rsetter11
Newly Registered
Malta

Evidence of residence for EU citizen

Post by rsetter11 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:23 pm

Hello,

I've submitted my citizenship application yesterday. I fulfil all requirements, including 5 (Dec 2015 - now) years of residence & 1 year of ILR (settled status since Nov 2019 through family route).

As my passport isn't stamped on entry, I understand I'm required to provide documents showing 5 years residence in UKVCAS system. For this, I've prepared HMRC online tax information detailing my income & NI contributions between July 2016 to now (I've been employed since June 2016).

I can't think of anything else I may provide to cover the first 6 months, Is what I have sufficient, or do I have to be worried?

Thank you in advance.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Evidence of residence for EU citizen

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:38 pm

Dont be worried!
You don't really have to summarise your earnings and tax ... just provide your P60s or maybe Council Tax bills.
You are proving residency, not earnings.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

rsetter11
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by rsetter11 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:48 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:38 pm
Dont be worried!
You don't really have to summarise your earnings and tax ... just provide your P60s or maybe Council Tax bills.
You are proving residency, not earnings.
Thank you for responding.

Unfortunately, I don't have council tax bills apart from 1 or 2 recent years. My P60s are water damaged and I haven't been able to make a 100% readable copy of the first two tax years. I've instead downloaded those details from the HMRC website. I hope that's a suitable replacement for a P60?

In any case, I understand it's fine not to worry about the first 6 months of my residence?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:59 pm

OK, as you are having issues with your documents, then it's the next best proof - make sure it shows it's coming from HMRC. As for the first six months, it would be good to provide a document for that period if you can. If you were job seeking maybe correspondence from Job Centre. I would ceratinly attach a note to explain any gaps/issues remaining.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

rsetter11
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by rsetter11 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:18 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:59 pm
OK, as you are having issues with your documents, then it's the next best proof - make sure it shows it's coming from HMRC. As for the first six months, it would be good to provide a document for that period if you can. If you were job seeking maybe correspondence from Job Centre. I would ceratinly attach a note to explain any gaps/issues remaining.
Yes, the document shows: "HM Revenue & Customs [My name] Taxable income from [Employer] LTD" and month by month income & NI contributions. I've got records on it from July 2016 until now.

I'll see what I can do for the first 6 months. I was in & out of the UK (all well below 450 days) but I'll dig through all of my documents to see if I can find anything. If I can't find anything, could this alone possibly result in a refusal, or would I be contacted to provide more details about it in case of any doubt?

Thank you again for your help with this matter.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:31 pm

Unlikely one would be refused on this - for six months, and yes they could ask for details if they wish, that's why pre-handling with an explanation or documents is recommended.

rsetter11
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by rsetter11 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:16 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:31 pm
Unlikely one would be refused on this - for six months, and yes they could ask for details if they wish, that's why pre-handling with an explanation or documents is recommended.
Thank you very much for your help, I'll have a browse through my pile of documents and hopefully I can find something.

rsetter11
Newly Registered
Malta

Submitting documents to UKVI before appointment: advantages?

Post by rsetter11 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:05 pm

Hello,

I applied for naturalisation 2 days ago. Today, I've uploaded all my documents save for my passports & IDs. I planned to have them scanned at the Premium Lounge appointment because I didn't know if a photo is acceptable for the passport or does it have to be a proper scan and whether I have to scan all passport pages or just the photo page.

However, I noticed this option on the UKVCAS website:
You now have the option to submit your uploaded documents before your appointment takes place. This action can only be performed once.

Please read and tick the box to confirm:
- I can confirm that I have uploaded all supporting documents
- Every supporting document has been uploaded to the correct Visa applicant
- I have permission from all Visa applicants to submit on their behalf
- I consent to all uploaded files being sent to UKVI
- If I have purchased the document checking service I accept that these uploaded documents will NOT be sent to UKVI until the document checking service is finished.
I've not been able to find any information on what this does. Is there any chance it will speed up my application in any way by doing this soon before my appointment 3.5 weeks from now?

Thank you in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Submitting documents to UKVI before appointment: advantages?

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:49 pm

I am assuming you are not relying on your passport stamps to prove residence. In this case all you need is your current passport’s bio page.

Self-submission is recommended but optional. You may save overall processing time.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:54 pm

Topics merged!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rsetter11
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by rsetter11 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:00 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:49 pm
I am assuming you are not relying on your passport stamps to prove residence. In this case all you need is your current passport’s bio page.

Self-submission is recommended but optional. You may save overall processing time.
Thank you for your response and that's correct, my passport is not stamped. Is a clear photo of the bio & opposite pages together acceptable, or do I have to get a proper scan in a copier?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:38 pm

I have always scanned my passport using my mobile phone - never had any issues. You can even take a photo and upload.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

rsetter11
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by rsetter11 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:55 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:38 pm
I have always scanned my passport using my mobile phone - never had any issues. You can even take a photo and upload.
Hi again! My UKVCAS appointment is upcoming tomorrow and I've just read the following in the confirmation email:
Your appointment confirmation is attached. Please note you must bring to your appointment:

[*] the attached confirmation notice, containing the QR barcode for each group member – without it you cannot attend the appointment
[*] all your original supporting documents – you will need them to complete your appointment, even if you have already uploaded copies online
I previously wasn't aware of this requirement. I've already self-submitted all the documents, as was recommended. I can print out all my documents and bring them alongside my passport, that's not a problem. However, with my 2nd referee declaration, I was only sent a scanned copy as I (incorrectly?) believed it's all that's required.

Is this likely to be a problem for me during the appointment? It's a "Premium Lounge" appointment, no extra services purchased and I don't intend to scan any additional documents at the appointment as all is already submitted.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:07 pm

No issues. Only passport and appointment confirmation QR code is checked. Just carry the originals you have. They will not check it though.

As you already have self-submitted, they are gone to UKVI already.

Note, you should keep hold of the original referee form for your own sake. HO (very rarely) may ask for originals later on.

rsetter11
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by rsetter11 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:02 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:07 pm
No issues. Only passport and appointment confirmation QR code is checked. Just carry the originals you have. They will not check it though.

As you already have self-submitted, they are gone to UKVI already.

Note, you should keep hold of the original referee form for your own sake. HO (very rarely) may ask for originals later on.
Thank you very much for responding so quickly. I was very concerned there for a second but that's reassuring. Now I just have to print out all the documents I have, but that's nothing compared to the alternative.

Again, much appreciated.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:24 pm

You do NOT need to print any soft copies. Just carry originals like passport, BRP, LIUK/English certificate (original if any) etc.

rsetter11
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by rsetter11 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:46 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:24 pm
You do NOT need to print any soft copies. Just carry originals like passport, BRP, LIUK/English certificate (original if any) etc.
I might have misunderstood. Of course, I will bring my passport to prove my identity that's without a doubt.

In terms of other documents, I also submitted:
- EUSS letter (only digital copy received via email as per the standard process)
- employment details (obtained digitally from HMRC) as proof of residence
- two referee forms (one of which I don't have the original copy as discussed)
- LIUK booking email (entered the reference on my application, never received any certificate)

Which is/is not required to bring to the appointment? I'm struggling to understand the distinction.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:55 pm

Take all soft copies in a USB/email (just in case). It is ONLY an advisory to carry originals in case they have to be scanned. You already have self-submitted your documents? Only passport and appointment confirmation will be checked. No need to print all the above soft copies. Printing soft copies (obtained digitally) does not make them originals anyways.

rsetter11
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by rsetter11 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:16 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:55 pm
Take all soft copies in a USB/email (just in case). It is ONLY an advisory to carry originals in case they have to be scanned. You already have self-submitted your documents? Only passport and appointment confirmation will be checked. No need to print all the above soft copies. Printing soft copies (obtained digitally) does not make them originals anyways.
Understood, thank you very much for explaining it to me.