ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - New application from India - SUCCESS!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tieronevisa
Newly Registered

Post by tieronevisa » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:58 am

Hi Guys,

I recently got my tier 1 visa. I am planning to travel soon.

My query is that last time when I traveled on work permit, I carried my medical test reports as well.

Do I need to carry them this time as well.

Apart from this what else am I supposed to carry.

Thanks.

cskmail

Re: Dear cskmail

Post by cskmail » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:25 pm

s_saini wrote:Dear cskmail
Would you please guide me the documents sent in case of maintance funds. It would be apprisiated if you give full detail of your documents submitted with your application.

I am also going to apply from Delhi VFS.

Thx....
Please check your INBOX

:)

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:30 pm

Hi Kaushal,

Could you please share all the covering letter to me? Please send it to this dkandasamy@hotmail.com

Regards
Kandasamy
[quote="kaushal316"][quote="kandasamy"]Hi Kaushal,

Good morning.

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 general application in mid of next month. When I checked in the BIA assessment I am qualifying with the points.
Maintenance fund
I am having one doubt with the maintenance fund. As I understood I want to show 2,800 pound for me as well as for my dependant it should be 1600 each. My son who is 3.5 years old now. For him also I need to show 1600 pound as maintenance fund. Please clarify this.
Earning points.
Out of 12 months I am in UK for 9 months. I am having my UK pay slip as well as my UK bank statement. 3 months I am having Indian salary and I am having Indian pay slip and bank statement for this period. For showing my earning power I am planning to submit the following documents.
1. UK play slip with seal and sign from my employer
2. UK bank statement
3. Indian Pay slip with sign and seal
4. Indian statement not original. ( I have request duplicate copies of the statement from the bank and I am submitting the same)
5. Form 16 for year 2007 -2008 and IT return
6. Salary certificate from employer.
Please clarify any additional document is required.
UK experience.
When I went through the BIA site, I came to know that I if my earning is more than 16000 pound I can get 5 points for it. I am eligible for getting this point. My question is any proof I need to submit for my UK experience.

Qualification.
I am B.E graduate from Bharathiyar University, Coimabatore. This institute is list down in the BIA tool. So should I go for a qualification assessment or not.
Please clarify above points. It can be really helpful for me.

Regards
Kandasamy[/quote]

Hello,

1. For maintenence funds, I am single so I didnt check much on that. But as a general rule, if your dependant is travelling with you or will join u within a year, u need to show 1600 per dependant.

2. For earning proof, the first 4 iems are enough i.e. paslips and statements. dont submit form 16 and it returns. they will be of no use and will confuse the assessing officer.

3. For UK experience, no additional documents required. if u prove your uk salary and its above 16000, u got additional 5 points. just mention that in form.

4. as your institue is recognised by online tool, no need for any assessment. you are fine.

Regards,
Kaushal[/quote]

Kuljitvb
Newly Registered

Experience Certificate

Post by Kuljitvb » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:31 am

Hi,

I have a query regrading submission of experience certificates. I have applied for Visa on 26th Sept and submitted only my current employer offer letter.

I just wanted to know if it will effect my Visa approval?

Thanks,
Kuljit

kaushal316

Post by kaushal316 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:49 am

tieronevisa wrote:Hi Guys,

I recently got my tier 1 visa. I am planning to travel soon.

My query is that last time when I traveled on work permit, I carried my medical test reports as well.

Do I need to carry them this time as well.

Apart from this what else am I supposed to carry.

Thanks.
Hi,

Please carry your chest x-ray report. These days, they do ask for xray. if you dont carry one, they will take your xray at the airport and this will waste your time.

I always carried an x-ray on my earlier trips and they never checked it. but this time, i didnt carry one and they made me take an x-ray. :)

manojshekhawat
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 - New application from India - SUCCESS!!!

Post by manojshekhawat » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:04 am

Hey kaushal, great to share the valuable information with all the aspirants looking for Tier-1, and this is really a great information which can help anyone to fill the application.

Query:
As i done my Masters in Computer Application last year July 2007, and till now my original degree is not issued from the university.
What all i have right now with me is Provisiona Degree, along with All Original 6 semester Marksheets.

Please let me know is this is enough, or i do need to get other document also( if Yes, please let me know if you have any clue which document is should attached with the application)

Looking for you answer ASAP, as i looking to sumbit my application by 6th October.

thanks & regards
Manu

kaushal316 wrote:Dear Friends,

I received my passport stamped with Tier 1 visa :D . Thank you everyone for your help and support. Lets keep this forum fire live and kicking.

For the benefit of all, I have posted every complete details of my application:

Timelines:
1. Application type: Tier 1 new application from India (No HSMP letter)
2. Location: Mumbai BHC. (VFS Mumbai North)
3. Appl Date: 4 April, 2008
4. Integra: No idea
5. Stamped: 30 April, 2008
6. Passport received via courier: 3 May 2008 (May 1 was public holiday)

Application details and documents:

1. Age Assesment: - 20 points claimed

I am 26 years old.

Documents:
a. Original Passport
b. Birth certificate - I know this is not required. But vfs guys asked if I can submit it since tier 1 process was just 4 days old in India. I had it with me so submitted it anyways.

2. Qualification

My qualification 'B.E. from University of Mumbai' is recognised by BIA self assessment tool.

Documents:
a. Original degree certificate
b. 4 years marksheets - just to prove that degree duration was 4 years. (I had selected bachelors degree - 4 years programme in BIA tool).
But please carry your final year's marksheet. This is required fot Integrascreen process. - very Important

3. Previous Earnings: - 35 points claimed

a. 01/04/2007 - 30/06/2007 Wipro Technologies:
I was in UK during this period. Used to get UK salary and Indian salary Basic. I claimed points for Indian Basic salary with upliftment ratio.

b. 13/07/2007 - 31/03/2008 Capgemini
I was in India and climed points on gross india salary. Also note that there is a break on 12 days in my employment which i fine. I saw quite a few questions on the same.

Documents:
a. Stamped and signed payslips. I told my employer that I need stamped and signed copies to apply for home loan. :D Makes it much easier to acquire stamp and signature.

b. Official bank statements showing net salary credited. Highlight salary entries in the statement. makes it easier for assessing officer. I did not have official paper statements for few months. So I took print out of e-mail statement (not internet statement) and branch manager stamped and signed on the same. They did not issue any separate letter.

4. English language:

My qualification was recognised by BAI self assessment tool for meeting english language requirement.

Documents
Original degree certificate. Note, there is no need to submit letter from University regarding medium of language. Assessing officer shall not take that into consideration. There are only 2 possible options:
i. Qualification recognised by BIA website: Provide degree certificate
ii. Qualification not recognised by BIA: Provide letter from NARIC.

4. Maintenence funds

For indian applications, we need to show amount equivalent to GBP 2800 for 3 months. Add GBP 1600 for each dependant.

Documents:
a. Official India bank statement for 3 month period.
b. Letter from bank stating that amount is in my account for 3 months. I needed to threaten bank with account closure to get this letter from them.
My Letter is available here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 998#164998

Additional documents:
i. VAF9a and VAF9b
ii. Covering letter: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 001#165001
iii. BIA points calculation printout

VFS experience:
I booked an appointment via e-mail for 4th April. At the VFS counter, they informed me that I was the first Tier 1 applicant and thus they were were slow (but careful) with my application. I had to help them several times to get the documents arranged. Filled u pform for Integrascreen. Please do carry photocopies for every documents. They need to be submitted for integrascreen. I wasted 30 mins to get them photocopied at vfs office.

Thank you all once again. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to help.

Cheers
Kaushal

vp_lakshman
Newly Registered

Post by vp_lakshman » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:54 pm

Hi

I have H1B

Now I want to apply for HSMP under Tier 1. Can I apply or any problems as I have alreay H1B?

anant.anubhav
Newly Registered

Bank Statement issue

Post by anant.anubhav » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:47 am

Hey guys ...
got some problem ... i have an account in japanese bank, statements of which i want show in my earnings. But am not able to get a stamp hard copy of the statements. i can get them as soft copy pdfs.
Kindly let me know wht can be done ..

thanks

ramesh1

x-ray?

Post by ramesh1 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:22 pm

kaushal316 it seems you have reached UK now? So how is your job search?i appreciate that you had given input to all forum people here to keep an x-ray ready....will an x-ray at appollo or any recognised indian hospital is ok or they need one from uk recognised hospitals?pls advise.

cooldude143

Post by cooldude143 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:58 pm

vp_lakshman wrote:Hi

I have H1B

Now I want to apply for HSMP under Tier 1. Can I apply or any problems as I have alreay H1B?
Absolutely no problem.I know people have done that before and also no where is HO website mentioned about this clause.

anant.anubhav
Newly Registered

Post by anant.anubhav » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:08 am

Kindly let me know ..
If i am not able to provide the stamped bank statement, instead printouts on normal A4 sheets. will that do. My Bank is not giving me stamped statements.

Waiting for reply

Jos1984
Newly Registered

Previous Earnings - Proof of Evidences?

Post by Jos1984 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:12 am

Hi All,

I am a newbie to this forum and was really very impressed to see you guys getting queries resolved here so actively.

I am planning to apply for Tier1 (general) from India.
Could someone confirm that - Only the following 2 sources of evidences are enough to claim for Previous earning?

1. Latest 12 months Sal Slips (Signed and stamped by HR Dept., if not on Company letter head)
2. Bank statements - showing the desposit of Net salary per month by the employer (to match with the digits mentioned in Sal slips)

Is it the following link that you are referring for Guidance notes?

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ralmigrant

If I am refering to the right guidance notes, then - they do talk about 'Tax documents'. But they also say 'atleast two pieces of evidence covering the full period claimed' is required. Now, since - Sal slips and Bank statements (for the same) can be considered as 2 sources for proving income, can we just ignore about anything else?

They also say - 'You should also provide any information or explanation of the documents submitted that may help us to consider the earnings claimed'

Just not able to simplify it.....

I also had an enquiry with VFS, over call and checked as to - what exactly is needed when we say 'Tax documents' (and also checked if it is needed). I was told that whatever is available in latest for 3 years needs to be submitted and this need not be for the period you are claiming the earnings. I told them that - As the term 'Tax documents' is a very general term, we understand that it can be any thing - Form16 (issued by employer), Saral Form, the IT returns Filing form, or the Acknlowledgement received after filing.

I was told something like - whatever you have, attach them (latest for the last 3 yrs).

Kindly clarify as I am not clear on this.

Sorry for the lengthy description, but thought to share whatever I wanted to.

Thanks.

Jos1984
Newly Registered

Maintanance Funds - Apply from India, showing UK account bal

Post by Jos1984 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:43 am

Hi Kaushal,

Thank you very much for sharing on the documents checklist.

I have an account with HSBC UK.

I am planning to Apply for Tier1 (General) from India and I shall be showing my UK account bank balance for the Maintanance Funds requirement. HSBC provides an option of having the amount in an 'Online Saver' account (other than the Current and flexi saver account). This 'Online Saver' account, unlike a Fixed Deposit, can be accessed at any time and funds can be transferred to current account and can be withdrawn whenever required. The interest is credited per month basis on this account.

is the bank account statement for this type of account acceptable for evidence?

Also, please let me know if any evidence needs to be provided for the maintanance funds (stating where this amount came from).

Thanks in advance.

jojo123
Newly Registered

Tier 1(Genaral): Query regd payslip

Post by jojo123 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:12 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1(Genaral) by the end of this month.

As the proof of my income I have got my original bank statements and salary slips. My salary slip has only the components Basic salary & HRA.
It does not include any tax deduction details. When I checked my assessment through the calculator with the Basic salary & HRA I have earned the required points.

Is there any rule that states that the payslip should contain the tax details as well? Will the application get rejected because of this

Thanks
JoJo

krishnaa1978
Newly Registered

Reg: Payslips

Post by krishnaa1978 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:16 pm

Hi Kaushal

I am new to this forum and basically trying to gather all the information to date. Im working in Wipro and has been here over the last few years. Only question is do I have to show gross salary proof as we are paid net salary and the online payslips reflect what the net is including the bank statements.

Do you think a separate letter should be obtained to show gross salary proof ? Pls advise.

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Reg: Payslips

Post by Jedi001 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:28 am

krishnaa1978 wrote:Hi Kaushal

I am new to this forum and basically trying to gather all the information to date. Im working in Wipro and has been here over the last few years. Only question is do I have to show gross salary proof as we are paid net salary and the online payslips reflect what the net is including the bank statements.

Do you think a separate letter should be obtained to show gross salary proof ? Pls advise.
If your gross is not shown in the online payslips then you might want to get a letter from your employer.

As per guidelines:

What the employer's letter must show
You must send a letter on company headed paper from your current and/or previous employer(s) which clearly shows:

your earnings during period claimed; and
the date and amount of each payment; and
your gross and net pay; and
that it is dated after the period for which earnings are being claimed.

Here is link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... memployer/
Jedi001

krishnaa1978
Newly Registered

Post by krishnaa1978 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:35 am

Jedi001 wrote:

If your gross is not shown in the online payslips then you might want to get a letter from your employer.

As per guidelines:

You must send a letter on company headed paper from your current and/or previous employer(s) which clearly shows:

Here is link:

Thanks for your reply. Even if I manage this letter do I still need to stamp and sign the payslips from employer ? Reason for asking this is that the payslip is sent to us in soft copy which has company logo...and I would be printing these payslips. Are they not enough to be submitted as proof

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Jedi001 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:57 am

krishnaa1978 wrote:
Jedi001 wrote:

As per guidelines:

Here is link:

Thanks for your reply. Even if I manage this letter do I still need to stamp and sign the payslips from employer ? Reason for asking this is that the payslip is sent to us in soft copy which has company logo...and I would be printing these payslips. Are they not enough to be submitted as proof

Question: Does your Gross salary shown in payslips or NOT? (as I am confused by your previous post)

If yes then YES you can use Payslips (signed and stamped) + Bank statements as proof of Previous Earning section.

Some more info on Payslips:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /Payslips/

What the payslips must show
These should be either formal payslips or on company headed paper. If payslips are on unheaded paper or you receive all pay slips online, you must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout.

If you send payslips, they must cover the whole period claimed (for example, if payslips are produced monthly, you must provide the payslip for each month of the period claimed).

Regards,
Jedi001
Jedi001

krishnaa1978
Newly Registered

Post by krishnaa1978 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:00 am

Jedi001 wrote:
krishnaa1978 wrote:
Jedi001 wrote:

As per guidelines:

Here is link:

Question: Does your Gross salary shown in payslips or NOT? (as I am confused by your previous post)

If yes then YES you can use Payslips (signed and stamped) + Bank statements as proof of Previous Earning section.

Some more info on Payslips:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /Payslips/

What the payslips must show
These should be either formal payslips or on company headed paper. If payslips are on unheaded paper or you receive all pay slips online, you must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout.

If you send payslips, they must cover the whole period claimed (for example, if payslips are produced monthly, you must provide the payslip for each month of the period claimed).

Hi

I get online payslip which gives net salary(signed & stamped by employer) and this can be supported by bank stmt which will hv net figure as well. Alongwith this I would produce a letter on company headed paper which shows gross n net...Hope this is enough supporting doc for previous earnings..

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Jedi001 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:46 pm

Hi

I get online payslip which gives net salary(signed & stamped by employer) and this can be supported by bank stmt which will hv net figure as well. Alongwith this I would produce a letter on company headed paper which shows gross n net...Hope this is enough supporting doc for previous earnings..

I guess that would be fine as payslip and letter from employer would be from one source and bank statements from other, so that satisfies the Previous Earning section requirements

Regards
Jedi001
Jedi001

saga_vishal
Newly Registered

Post by saga_vishal » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:34 am

got my visa on 23 rd january applied on 18 nov

tier1worker
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds in two different accounts

Post by tier1worker » Thu May 20, 2010 8:27 am

Hi,

Request your advise for my case. I have two savings accounts both in my name. One is in HDFC and other one is with ICICI.

If I combine the balances for both I exceed the minimum amount required for maintenance funds for every single day in the last 90 days.

Individually none of the two accounts meet the criteria, but put together I exceed the requirement.

My question is:

Can I take the last three months statements from both banks and submit them as proof of having the minimum maintenance funds.

Will they consider two statements issued by different banks and consider that the combined total of these two has never fallen below the required amount over the last 90 days.

Do I need to mention that they should consider the daily closing balances of both the accounts for the previous 90 days and then evaluate their criteria.

Please lee me know how I should proceed in my case.

geriatrix

Re: Maintenance Funds in two different accounts

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 20, 2010 11:41 am

tier1worker wrote:Hi,

Request your advise for my case. I have two savings accounts both in my name. One is in HDFC and other one is with ICICI.

If I combine the balances for both I exceed the minimum amount required for maintenance funds for every single day in the last 90 days.

Individually none of the two accounts meet the criteria, but put together I exceed the requirement.

My question is:

Can I take the last three months statements from both banks and submit them as proof of having the minimum maintenance funds.

Will they consider two statements issued by different banks and consider that the combined total of these two has never fallen below the required amount over the last 90 days.

Do I need to mention that they should consider the daily closing balances of both the accounts for the previous 90 days and then evaluate their criteria.

Read the Tier 1 (General) policy guidance first. You'll find the answer in there and, doing so will help you clear many of your (other) doubts.

regards

tier1worker
Newly Registered

Post by tier1worker » Thu May 20, 2010 11:55 am

sushdmehta wrote:
tier1worker wrote:Hi,

My question is:

Read the Tier 1 (General) policy guidance first. You'll find the answer in there and, doing so will help you clear many of your (other) doubts.

regards

With due regards, I have gone through the entire guidance document a number of times. However I did not find any reference on whether one can use two accounts in one's own name. Which is my question.

The reference is to the use of a "Joint account" which is allowed.

Will be helpful if someone who has used two personal accounts in his own name to share his experience and explain how they presented their case.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 20, 2010 12:14 pm

tier1worker wrote:With due regards, I have gone through the entire guidance document a number of times. However I did not find any reference on whether one can use two accounts in one's own name. Which is my question.
Clearly goes to show that you haven't read the guidance, or if you have read it (as you claim) you haven't understood it! What does para 214 state?

All with due respect ...

regards