ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need guidance regarding migration

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Piyushnirvana
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Need guidance regarding migration

Post by Piyushnirvana » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I am 32 M from india, i am interested in migrating to some other country ( preferably sweden ). I need your guidance on how i can migrate to some other country and start a new life. As per my understanding either i need a work permit ( job offer ) or i need to study there and get a job and then convert it into PR.
I don't know much about this stuff as i never bothered myself into moving abroad. But now i feel i need to do this.
I am more interested in first getting into a university and then get a job and start a new career.

Can someone please explain to me in depth how should i go about it ? What are the things i need to know to decide which country i should look for.

As of now i chose sweden because most of the people are atheist, their economy is quite good as well and their world ranking is 8 or 9. Also there are less indians compare to other countries are canada, U.S or australia etc.

What career options are good there ?

Sorry i am quite confused please someone help me to figure this out.

secret.simon

Re: Need guidance regarding migration

Post by secret.simon » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:51 pm

For a start, do you speak any Scandinavian language? Can you speak any European languages apart from English?

What skills can you offer your prospective country of immigration?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Piyushnirvana
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Piyushnirvana » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:01 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:51 pm
For a start, do you speak any Scandinavian language? Can you speak any European languages apart from English?

What skills can you offer your prospective country of immigration?
no, i dont speak any scandanavian languages but i'm willing to learn swedish. as for skills, right now i'm a freelance video editor but i'm willing to learn new skills over there and work there.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:59 pm

Countries encourage immigration because the new migrants will likely contribute skills that are in short supply in that country. So perhaps having a look at the occupational shortage lists in prospective countries would help you focus on which skills you may need to learn/refine.

If you do not know Swedish already, perhaps that is not the best country to migrate to. You can see why Indians tend to migrate to the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, etc; most Indians can speak some level of English.

I suggest you look at learning French or German at the Alliance Francaise or Goeth Institut closest to you. That may open up options for immigration both within and outside of Europe.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Piyushnirvana
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Piyushnirvana » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:35 pm

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.