ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa cancelled - how long banned.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

winnie01
Newly Registered

Visa cancelled - how long banned.

Post by winnie01 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:39 pm

If a persons spouse visa is cancelled, as sponsorship withdrawn, how long are they banned from the UK for?

iereboy
Mood:
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by iereboy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:06 pm

Wrong section

winnie01
Newly Registered

Post by winnie01 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:28 pm

Maybe some direction as to where would be helpful.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:47 pm

Try in "Immigration for family members"

If the marriage just broke down, and no deception was used, and you leave the UK pretty quickly after the marriage broke down, I cannot see why you would have a ban. What are thinking of coming back to the UK for?

John

Post by John » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:18 am

If a persons spouse visa is cancelled, as sponsorship withdrawn, how long are they banned from the UK for?
Is it your spouse that you are wondering about? It is you trying to have "sponsorship withdrawn"? If so, you need to accept that you cannot assume that the Home Office will take any action. Your sponsorship is not something you can turn on and off like a tap. You will just need to wait and see what action, if any, the Home Office take.

Apologies if my assumption is totally wrong.
John

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:08 am

John wrote:
Is it your spouse that you are wondering about? It is you trying to have "sponsorship withdrawn"? If so, you need to accept that you cannot assume that the Home Office will take any action. Your sponsorship is not something you can turn on and off like a tap. You will just need to wait and see what action, if any, the Home Office take.

Apologies if my assumption is totally wrong.
I assumed the same. A ban cannot occur simply because sponsorship has been cancelled. And depending on various factors the applicant might be able to switch to another category.
Oh, the drama...!