ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents checklist for fiancé visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

benth
Newly Registered
Thailand

Documents checklist for fiancé visa

Post by benth » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:56 am

I have been lurking here for a while, and I just want to thank you for all the work you do here.
I’m from Thailand and planning to apply for fiancé visa next week. We’re now finalising the documents and would appreciate if anyone could help us check if we’ve missed anything.

- Cover letters from both of us
- Appendix 2 (not sure if this is still needed)
- Applicant’s current passport and the previous ones + copies of ID pages and pages with stamps
- Certified copy of sponsor’s passport ID page
- Applicant’s old BRP
- Applicant’s TB certificate + doctor’s note (‘abnormal’ result but not related to TB)
- Applicant’s master’s degree certificate from a UK university
- Do we also need family consent form as well?
- We don't need to pay for the health surcharge for fiancé visa right?

Accommodation
- Mortgage agreement
- Property valuation report (showing number of habitable rooms)
- Official copy of register of title
- Council Tax 2020/21 showing single occupancy
- Photos of the house

Plans to marry
- Emails from registry office regarding availability (no booking confirmed)
- Emails from the venue with initial quotes (no booking confirmed)
- Brochure of the ceremony venue

Sponsor’s Financial Evidence
- Contract of employment
- P60
- Six months play slips signed by HR manager
- Letter from HR manager confirming the salary and authenticity of the payslips
- Bank statements covering the 6 months period — these are the original ones sent via post, so I assume no stamp needed, right?

Proof of relationship
- Photos of us together, dated and captioned
- Hotel and flight bookings
- Gift receipts and a few photos
- My bank statements addressed to my fiancé’s house (to show cohabitation when I was a student)
- Letter from my GP addressed to my fiancé’s house (to show cohabitation when I was a student)
- A few letters and notes we wrote each other
- Chat and call logs, one screen shot a week over 2-year period

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Documents checklist for fiancé visa

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:49 am

benth wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:56 am
I have been lurking here for a while, and I just want to thank you for all the work you do here.
I’m from Thailand and planning to apply for fiancé visa next week. We’re now finalising the documents and would appreciate if anyone could help us check if we’ve missed anything.

- Cover letters from both of us
- Appendix 2 (not sure if this is still needed) Not mandatory but if you feel can add
- Applicant’s current passport and the previous ones + copies of ID pages and pages with stamps
- Certified copy of sponsor’s passport ID page
- Applicant’s old BRP
- Applicant’s TB certificate + doctor’s note (‘abnormal’ result but not related to TB)
- Applicant’s master’s degree certificate from a UK university
- Do we also need family consent form as well? Not needed
- We don't need to pay for the health surcharge for fiancé visa right? No

Accommodation
- Mortgage agreement
- Property valuation report (showing number of habitable rooms)
- Official copy of register of title
- Council Tax 2020/21 showing single occupancy
- Photos of the house

Plans to marry
- Emails from registry office regarding availability (no booking confirmed)
- Emails from the venue with initial quotes (no booking confirmed)
- Brochure of the ceremony venue

Sponsor’s Financial Evidence
- Contract of employment
- P60
- Six months play slips signed by HR manager
- Letter from HR manager confirming the salary and authenticity of the payslips
- Bank statements covering the 6 months period — these are the original ones sent via post, so I assume no stamp needed, right?

Proof of relationship
- Photos of us together, dated and captioned
- Hotel and flight bookings
- Gift receipts and a few photos
- My bank statements addressed to my fiancé’s house (to show cohabitation when I was a student)
- Letter from my GP addressed to my fiancé’s house (to show cohabitation when I was a student)
- A few letters and notes we wrote each other
- Chat and call logs, one screen shot a week over 2-year period

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

benth
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by benth » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:17 pm

Thank you, AmazonianX, for your reply.

I have another concern I hope you or anyone else could help me with.

I originally thought that I could self upload supporting documents any time before my appointment, but I just realised on my email it says 'Remember you can log back into your account and upload additional supporting documents until the day before your appointment'.

I'm a bit worried now as this is now a bit past midnight, so it's technically the same day as the appointment, and I still have one or two documents to upload. Would documents uploaded now be considered?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:36 pm

benth wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:17 pm

I originally thought that I could self upload supporting documents any time before my appointment, but I just realised on my email it says 'Remember you can log back into your account and upload additional supporting documents until the day before your appointment'.

I'm a bit worried now as this is now a bit past midnight, so it's technically the same day as the appointment, and I still have one or two documents to upload. Would documents uploaded now be considered?
If you can still upload now please do it and which documents do you still have left?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

benth
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by benth » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:45 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:36 pm
benth wrote:

If you can still upload now please do it and which documents do you still have left?
I still haven't uploaded cover letters and chat logs. :(

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:47 pm

benth wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:45 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:36 pm
benth wrote:

I still haven't uploaded cover letters and chat logs. :(
I will upload it asap if it is still allowing you to upload documents. The ECO will look at all documents on the file so the earlier you do it now the better.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:53 pm

benth wrote:

Not sure if this changed as i was still self uploading at my biometrics appointment. You can attempt to upload or take the remaining/outstanding documents for upload at your biometrics appointment. Note that this service may come at a cost.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:03 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:53 pm
benth wrote:

Not sure if this changed as i was still self uploading at my biometrics appointment. You can attempt to upload or take the remaining/outstanding documents for upload at your biometrics appointment. Note that this service may come at a cost.
They won't even try to upload the chats at the VAC which is a shame!

benth
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by benth » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:04 am

Hi. Just wanted to post a little update. I was able to self-upload all the documents last night. Even though it was after midnight, it still shows on the appointment paper as the previous day (probably based on UK time, since I'm 7 hours ahead). The VFS agent at the Bangkok centre was also very helpful and assured me that they can be uploaded anytime before biometric data collection.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:02 am

benth wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:04 am
Hi. Just wanted to post a little update. I was able to self-upload all the documents last night. Even though it was after midnight, it still shows on the appointment paper as the previous day (probably based on UK time, since I'm 7 hours ahead). The VFS agent at the Bangkok centre was also very helpful and assured me that they can be uploaded anytime before biometric data collection.
I am glad everything seems to work out for you in the end. Good luck :D

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:30 am

benth wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:04 am
Thanks on the update. Dont know when they instituted cap o upload of documents pre biometrics. Wish you success with the application.

benth
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by benth » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:33 am

Hi. Just wanted to update I got my passport back today and my visa was granted. I feared the worst as I got the decision much earlier than expected. Only took 39 days. I did pay for the priority service but was told it's not available and got the refund.

Here's my timeline:

Online application: 21/12/20
Appointment: 28/12/20
Passport picked up: 5/02/21

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:55 am

benth wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:33 am
Hi. Just wanted to update I got my passport back today and my visa was granted. I feared the worst as I got the decision much earlier than expected. Only took 39 days. I did pay for the priority service but was told it's not available and got the refund.

Here's my timeline:

Online application: 21/12/20
Appointment: 28/12/20
Passport picked up: 5/02/21
Congratulations.