ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mr_Knight
Mood:

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Mr_Knight » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:48 pm

JuniorBatman wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:28 pm
Frustrating to have another closure. I can't help feeling it's a little ironic that a lot of us are here because of the UK's decision and handling of Brexit, and now it's likely the UK's handling of their variant of Covid is going to keep us here even longer!

Fingers crossed it's a short one. If there's any consolation it's not as if many of us could use those shiny Irish passports to go anywhere anyway.
Yes the UK is not winning a popularity contest any time soon. I hope one day I can say "well I'm Irish its not my problem"

V3rvangen
Newly Registered

Post by V3rvangen » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:07 pm

JuniorBatman wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:28 pm
Frustrating to have another closure. I can't help feeling it's a little ironic that a lot of us are here because of the UK's decision and handling of Brexit, and now it's likely the UK's handling of their variant of Covid is going to keep us here even longer!

Fingers crossed it's a short one. If there's any consolation it's not as if many of us could use those shiny Irish passports to go anywhere anyway.
Not a fan of my government's handling of the coronavirus crisis, but I don't think anything has been done wrong in relation to this new variant (yet).
The UK does vastly more genome sequencing than other nations, so no doubt we've found it here first. It's not even clear if it originated here or abroad. The success of UK science communities is definitely despite the UK government, not because of it, though.

Newly Registered

Post by 2021 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:12 am

Dear Friends!
I applied FBR through my Irish born grandfather in November 2019. Few days ago I received an email from DFA that now they r currently processing my application. They need new application form and 4 photos witnessed by one of the witnesses listed. That's no problem.
But they are saying that they were unable to verify security features on the certificates which I submitted. They are thinking that those r photocopies while I submitted my original documents issued from my country.
They asked me to provide original certificates and proof of address within 28 days. What should I do now. Should I give them my affidavit that those are not photocopies or any other thing. Please guide me.
Thanks in advance

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:22 am

2021 wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:12 am
Dear Friends!
I applied FBR through my Irish born grandfather in November 2019. Few days ago I received an email from DFA that now they r currently processing my application. They need new application form and 4 photos witnessed by one of the witnesses listed. That's no problem.
But they are saying that they were unable to verify security features on the certificates which I submitted. They are thinking that those r photocopies while I submitted my original documents issued from my country.
They asked me to provide original certificates and proof of address within 28 days. What should I do now. Should I give them my affidavit that those are not photocopies or any other thing. Please guide me.
Thanks in advance
A whole new application? It looks like you need to restart the whole process??? From which country you applied? Many people here from may june and july havent got any letter from FBR - its weird tgat they looked into your november application.

Also what documents they think they are not original?

V3rvangen
Newly Registered

Post by V3rvangen » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:09 am

Fbrlad wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:22 am
2021 wrote:
Dear Friends!
Thanks in advance
A whole new application? It looks like you need to restart the whole process??? From which country you applied? Many people here from may june and july havent got any letter from FBR - its weird tgat they looked into your november application.

Also what documents they think they are not original?
There's been a few September 2019 applications approved, wouldn't surprise me if some from November were in some stage of processing. Nobody really knows how many times applications are looked at and checked before being approved. Sounds like this guy's application was caught in the first document check to see if everything was present/in order.

V3rvangen
Newly Registered

Post by V3rvangen » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:18 am

2021 wrote:
Dear Friends!
Thanks in advance
Not to sound patronising, but you're sure certain all the documents were original documents?
When I was gathering my documents, my parents gave me some which they said they were positive were the originals. It was only when I checked with a registry office, that I figured they weren't.
I sent off for replacement copies of all the certificates just to be safe.

Doddyod
Newly Registered

Post by Doddyod » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:31 pm

The end of the FBR route has been reached for me . . . . .

FBR Documents Accepted: 6th June 2019
FBR Confirmation of Address Email: 16th Oct 2020
FBR Congratulations Email: 21st Dec 2020
Added to FBR register: 16 Oct 2020
FBR Certificate Received: 29th Dec 2020

It is 573 days from the start date to the end date, end date included.
Or 1 year, 6 months, 24 days including the end date.
Or 18 months, 24 days including the end date.

Passport next, but that is fun for the new year :D

Pb300
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Pb300 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:37 pm

I am very perplexed by November 2019 applications under review when I’ve heard nothing regarding my mid-June 2019 application. I accepted a couple month deviation but it has clear gone too off track. Am I the only one left behind? Over 18 months and no communication

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:22 am

I applied Aug 21, 2018 and got my fbr cert June, 2019 and at the time that was a long wait due to in Brexit escapees. I can’t believe that this is now 1.5 year wait!! Covid just ruins everything!!

Best of luck to those waiting!!

Michael

smc0502430
Newly Registered

Post by smc0502430 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:14 am

20.08.19 - Application Submitted
18.09.19 - Confirmation email Application has been received
03.12.20 - Email from DFA requesting an additional verified photo id from my mother

Hopefully by December 2021 I will be able to apply for my passport :D

seanpoflynn25
Newly Registered

Post by seanpoflynn25 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:54 pm

Hi all - I'm somewhat enthused (and dismayed) by the responses on here as I submitted my documents on 19th October and have had radio silence since then and thought they'd lost it in the system. There seems to be a a bit of a random timing to it as I know of someone that submitted dec 19 and has had their''s back already.

I also unhelpfully seem to have lost the email where they confimred receipt of documents. Coudl anyone remind me of the email address that comes from and hopefully I can try and find it in my inbox!

Thanks,

jamiepompey
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jamiepompey » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:46 pm

seanpoflynn25 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:54 pm
Hi all - I'm somewhat enthused (and dismayed) by the responses on here as I submitted my documents on 19th October and have had radio silence since then and thought they'd lost it in the system. There seems to be a a bit of a random timing to it as I know of someone that submitted dec 19 and has had their''s back already.

I also unhelpfully seem to have lost the email where they confimred receipt of documents. Coudl anyone remind me of the email address that comes from and hopefully I can try and find it in my inbox!

Thanks,
I believe it's noreply@dfat.ie

At least it was when they received my docs back in July 2019. They don't respond to that address as it is unmonitored I believe. I thought I read somewhere that they no longer send out confirmation of receipt of documents but I guess if you submitted in 2019 then they would have sent you one.

aleapples
Newly Registered
Croatia

Post by aleapples » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:29 pm

Hi All,

I'm an Aug 19 applicant so hoping will hear in the next couple of months (when things open again).

Can somebody who now has their passport explain about the passport process? Once they send the documents back including the FBR certificate, do you then fill out the online form and post these all off for the passport application? Does anyone know what the current passport turnaround time is?

MikeyMike
Ireland

Post by MikeyMike » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:28 pm

aleapples wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:29 pm
Hi All,

I'm an Aug 19 applicant so hoping will hear in the next couple of months (when things open again).

Can somebody who now has their passport explain about the passport process? Once they send the documents back including the FBR certificate, do you then fill out the online form and post these all off for the passport application? Does anyone know what the current passport turnaround time is?
This page is a good resource: https://www.dfa.ie/passportonline/onlinefaqs/

Essentially you have to wait for your FBR certificate, then fill out an offline or online application form and send off your supporting documentation. Regular FBR and passport application processing is shut down right now but the FAQ page is quoting 6-8 weeks for a passport turnaround after everything starts up again.

jamiepompey
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jamiepompey » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:16 am

aleapples wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:29 pm
Hi All,

Once you have the FBR certificate you send it back to them along with your witnessed application form, photos and other specified documents. I got so lucky as I got my certificate in September, sent it off the same day and received my passport eight days later. I have a feeling it won’t be that quick when things reopen.

Tommypenpen
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Tommypenpen » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:27 am

spicer93 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:12 pm
Hi all! I'm applying for FBR for both me and my brother. I'm encouraged by other September 2019 applicants now getting some good news, though still nothing from Dublin for us yet. I was hoping to get citizenship before the end of Brexit Transition but maybe not too long to wait now.

My timeline:

FBR Documents Sent: 21 September 2019
FBR Documents Received: 26 September 2019
FBR Confirmation of Address Email: Pending
FBR Congratulations Email: Pending
FBR Certificate Received: Pending

Sent mine at the same time as you.... Still waiting too

JaneKnits
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by JaneKnits » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:17 pm

ct101 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:37 pm
Has anyone received a tracking number with their email letting them know that the certificate has been posted?
I got my congratulations email on December 17, 2020 and it said my documents had been printed and posted. Yesterday, I got a US postal notification of a piece of mail arriving in NY -- when I checked the tracking, it originated in Dublin. I'm going to bet that is my documents and Certificate. I never got a tracking number.

I'd bet with the multiple lockdowns, when they have been in the office they're trying to get the applications cleared that were already in the pipeline so that they can work on applications that have arrived in the last 6 months that arrived amidst the multiple lockdowns... just my opinion.

If you've received the "Congratulations"email and it says it's been printed and posted, I'd be on the lookout for your documents in the next month... give or take :-)

Almost there!
Jane

Rwmc6
Newly Registered

Post by Rwmc6 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:55 pm

What normally happens if your address has changed since you initially applied. When you receive the address confirmation email, and you provide a new address do they ask you to send proof?

Is there anything you can do to change your address now or better waiting on the email?

jamiepompey
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jamiepompey » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:13 pm

Rwmc6 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:55 pm
What normally happens if your address has changed since you initially applied. When you receive the address confirmation email, and you provide a new address do they ask you to send proof?

Is there anything you can do to change your address now or better waiting on the email?
You'll find it pretty much impossible to contact them at the moment so you should wait for the address confirmation. I believe pdf/scan/photo of a document with your new address on is good enough for them so no need to send it to Ireland.

laurakathleen
Newly Registered

Foreign Birth Registration

Post by laurakathleen » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:31 pm

Hello all,

Long time lurker (August 2019) first-time poster here! This forum has always been so helpful and everyone is so kind.

I received my confirmation of address email on 14th October 2020 but never received a congratulations email, it is reassuring to see there are a couple of people here in the same boat as me. Is this still the case?

Ireland moved into Level 5 not too long after I got my confirmation email but then came out of Level 5 and the team seemed to be processing again but I'm of course aware they have now entered Level 5 again (I have two grandparents in Kerry aged 83 and 85 so we keep a watchful eye on restrictions! - as I'm sure many in this forum do too)

As I never received a congratulations email or tracking link after responding in Oct and it's a bit disappointing to see that others who got the confirmation of address and their documents/certificate sent in December as this is after I had confirmed my address - although huge congrats to you all and wishing you all the best with the next steps! :)

I submitted my FBR application in August 2019 so I suspect I will be coming up to two years by the time I get my passport in hand. I just wanted to post this in case there are any others like me and also for some reassurance that I'm not alone in feeling that my documentation is lost in the abyss

Luna2019
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Luna2019 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:51 pm

Hi LauraKathleen. You and I are in a similar situation.

I applied for my kids in August 2019. I just received the confirmation of address email on December 21, 2020. I replied immediately but I have not heard anything further -- no congratulations email, no tracking number, and nothing in the regular mail.

I am anxious about it as well. I am hoping that my reply email was all that they needed to proceed.

Anyone else in this situation or have a different experience?

Many thanks to all, and happy new year.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:57 pm

I got confirmation of the address on 16th December and replied within few minutes. I didn’t hear anything since. I am hoping that they will send out the certificate in middle of February.
Let’s hope for best

Emma Williams
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Emma Williams » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:04 pm

dublin3 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:57 pm
I got confirmation of the address on 16th December and replied within few minutes. I didn’t hear anything since. I am hoping that they will send out the certificate in middle of February.
Let’s hope for best
I had a phone call on the same day confirming my address, and I still have not received anything. I've given up hope it was sent before they went back into lockdown!

Brent28
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Brent28 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:58 pm

I am right there with you both laurakathleen and Luna2019. I got my confirmation of documents email August 2019, then not a word since. I too noticed the September 2019 and later applicants making it through and really wish there was a way to make sure mine is at least in the pipeline still.

ct101
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by ct101 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:04 am

JaneKnits wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:17 pm
ct101 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:37 pm
Has anyone received a tracking number with their email letting them know that the certificate has been posted?
I got my congratulations email on December 17, 2020 and it said my documents had been printed and posted. Yesterday, I got a US postal notification of a piece of mail arriving in NY -- when I checked the tracking, it originated in Dublin. I'm going to bet that is my documents and Certificate. I never got a tracking number.

I'd bet with the multiple lockdowns, when they have been in the office they're trying to get the applications cleared that were already in the pipeline so that they can work on applications that have arrived in the last 6 months that arrived amidst the multiple lockdowns... just my opinion.

If you've received the "Congratulations"email and it says it's been printed and posted, I'd be on the lookout for your documents in the next month... give or take :-)

Almost there!
Jane
This gives me some hope! It’s been over a month now since I received my congratulations email so I’d nearly
given up on receiving the certificate. Let us know once you receive it!