ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still married but not living together stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lucidj
Mood:
Ireland

Still married but not living together stamp 4

Post by lucidj » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:42 am

Hello everyone. I have been married to my Irish partner for 4 years and together for almost 6. We lived together for all those 4 years, we were living with his parents but now they kicked us out and we didn't find a couple's place in time not to be on the streets so each of us took a single room in a different house. I have a stamp 4 based on my marriage to him and we are still together , he's my family best friend and lover but we aren't living together right now. What should I do about.this? We are.not going to divorce or anything but it could take a few months until we find a decent couple's place to live. Please help, I don't wanna lose my visa and be separated from him, we love each other.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Still married but not living together stamp 4

Post by Vorona » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:19 pm

lucidj wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:42 am
What should I do about.this? We are.not going to divorce or anything but it could take a few months until we find a decent couple's place to live
This forum is not about accomodation. Find yourself cheaper place to live.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Still married but not living together stamp 4

Post by littlerr » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:42 pm

1. You are legally required to inform INIS about your change of address and temporary separation within 7 days. You will not lose your stamp for it as long as they are informed.

2. As Vorona said, find yourself an accommodation. You might have your own reasons, but in general, 2 single beds can’t be significantly cheaper than 1 double bed.

If both of you can work from home, or have a car, you should have no problem finding a place outside of the city centre area with a reasonable price.

If you cannot work from home, and you don’t have a car, at least try to get a place near a bus stop but away from the city.