ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLRM (M) child benefit query

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

akapav
Newly Registered

FLRM (M) child benefit query

Post by akapav » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:51 pm

Hello,

I am a British citizen and my wife will be applying for her FLRM (M) in a years time. We recently had a baby, who is a British citizen.

Will applying for child benefit in my name, impact my wife's FLRM (M) visa application ?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLRM (M) child benefit query

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:19 am

No impact if the British citizen is claiming and not the FLR M visa holder.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

akapav
Newly Registered

Post by akapav » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:16 am

Thank you for replying

Amber1987
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Amber1987 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:37 pm

Hi
But it clearly says that child benefit is a public fund . And British citizen who could be sponsor give undertaking that he will not claim public funds .

Page no 28 of Benefits guidance

This page describes what a person who is subject to immigration control can claim when their sponsor has signed a maintenance undertaking.
A maintenance undertaking is a written agreement given by a sponsor. It states they will be responsible for the maintenance and accommodation of a person subject to immigration control while they are in the UK. It is an offence under the Social Security Administration Act 1992 for a sponsor not to maintain people who they are responsible for who then claim contributory based benefits because of this. These benefits may also be recovered from the sponsor.
The Home Office may take appropriate steps to recover amounts from the sponsor that were provided under section 95 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (support for asylum seekers) to a person being sponsored.
People granted leave on the conditions of a maintenance undertaking
A person who has been granted leave and whose sponsor has signed a maintenance undertaking will not be entitled to access public funds until:
• •

they have been resident in the UK for 5 years
it has been 5 years since the maintenance undertaking was signed, whichever is the
later date
if they have been resident for less than 5 years but their sponsor has died

Can anyone clarify if I am wrong.