ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

'Three different proofs of residence for each year of residence claimed' Is this inclusive?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

roamingbee
Newly Registered
United States of America

'Three different proofs of residence for each year of residence claimed' Is this inclusive?

Post by roamingbee » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:57 pm

Hello, I am planning to apply for naturalisation based on marriage to an Irish citizen, living in Northern Ireland for 3 years. My period of residence will be from February 2018-February 2021. I was wondering if providing three different documents proving proof of residence for 2018, 2019, and 2020 is enough? Or do I have to wait to apply until I can get three different documents in 2021 as well?

I will have to delay my application if I need 2021 documents, since a lot of my documents are produced in April with the tax season ending. And I'd rather start my application ASAP, but I want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: 'Three different proofs of residence for each year of residence claimed' Is this inclusive?

Post by Vorona » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:19 pm

Three proofs for each of the fiscal year will be enough. You need to provide at least three proofs for each of the 12 month periods that you have spent living in Northern Ireland showing both your and your spouse's names. If they need more they will send you a letter and give you a month to provide additional documents.