ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement confusion

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aribochan
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Bank Statement confusion

Post by Aribochan » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:10 pm

Hi, my mother already lives in the UK on a spouse visa with my step-dad. I will be using her financial documents for my visa because legally my step-dad didn’t adopt me. But the thing is that my mother does not work in uk. I am worried if my visa will be rejected based on the fact that she has money in her account even though she doesn’t work. Half of the money is actually given by my aunty, her sister, but she lives in Bangladesh, so she (my aunty) asked one of her friends to transfer it from london to my mom’s british bank account. The other half is transferred from my step-dad’s bank account. Will this cause my visa to be rejected?
The money has been in my mom’s account since the first week of November. My mom got the money transferred to her account little by little in 2 weeks. Not a single large transfer

Aribochan
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Bank Statement confusion

Post by Aribochan » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:38 pm

Btw this is for Student Route Visa. I’m applying for master

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:39 am

You are making it very complicated for yourself.

If your step-father and your aunt are both giving you money for your studies, surely it is easiest if they transfer the money direct to your account not to your mother's. You can then show that you have the money in your own name.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Aribochan
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Aribochan » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:30 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:39 am
You are making it very complicated for yourself.

If your step-father and your aunt are both giving you money for your studies, surely it is easiest if they transfer the money direct to your account not to your mother's. You can then show that you have the money in your own name.
I don’t live in Bangladesh at the moment. I have been living in another country doing my undergraduate degree. This is the reason why I can’t show the money in my own bank account.the account that I have in this country will close after I leave.

But will the money in my mother’s bank account be a problem?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:31 pm

Aribochan wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:30 pm
But will the money in my mother’s bank account be a problem?
See Appendix Finance, paragraph FIN 5.1:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ix-finance
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Aribochan
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Aribochan » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:48 pm

I finally got the bank statement. But the bank was able to give me a statement from November 20th to December 21st(There is one a single transaction dated on the 27th November when my mother sent my tuition fee).**It has been printed today, 29th of December. I will be applying tomorrow 30th of December.

I have been reading online and in some places it says they will count back from the last dated transaction (November 27th maybe) and other places says they will count from the date of the ending balance (December 21st).
Which one is true? Is my bank statement usable?

Thank you in advance! :)

**they cannot give my mother a bank statement for December 1st-28th because she had no transaction during that time.