ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Spouse and Extended Family Visa (Non-EU Cousin)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

splinter
Newly Registered

EU Spouse and Extended Family Visa (Non-EU Cousin)

Post by splinter » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:36 pm

Hello everyone,

I am a spouse of EU citizen and we are residing in the UK. My current immigration status is a pre-settled status.
I would like to know if I can apply for my non-EU cousin's immigration status as an extended family member?
Moreover, just in case if I can't apply for his immigration via EU route. Is there any other way I can apply for his immigration status?
All suggestions are appreciatable and thank you very much in advance.

Casa

Re: EU Spouse and Extended Family Visa (Non-EU Cousin)

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:20 pm

splinter wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:36 pm
Hello everyone,

I am a spouse of EU citizen and we are residing in the UK. My current immigration status is a pre-settled status.
I would like to know if I can apply for my non-EU cousin's immigration status as an extended family member?
Moreover, just in case if I can't apply for his immigration via EU route. Is there any other way I can apply for his immigration status?
"If your extended family member is a citizen of a country outside the EU, EEA or Switzerland. They need to apply for a biometric residence card or a family permit by 31 December 2020. If they don't apply for a biometric residence card or a family permit, they can't apply for pre-settled or settled status"

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immig ... er-brexit/

1. What nationality do you hold?
2. Does your spouse have settled status?
3. Is your cousin financially dependent on your spouse?

In order to settle through the UK Immigration Rules, your cousin would have to qualify in his/her own right. i.e study or work visa categories
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

splinter
Newly Registered

Post by splinter » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:39 pm

Casa wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:20 pm
splinter wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:36 pm
Hello everyone,

"If your extended family member is a citizen of a country outside the EU, EEA or Switzerland. They need to apply for a biometric residence card or a family permit by 31 December 2020. If they don't apply for a biometric residence card or a family permit, they can't apply for pre-settled or settled status"

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immig ... er-brexit/

1. What nationality do you hold?
2. Does your spouse have settled status?
3. Is your cousin financially dependent on your spouse?

In order to settle through the UK Immigration Rules, your cousin would have to qualify in his/her own right. i.e study or work visa categories
Hello,
Thank you very much for your reply.

1- My nationality is Pakistani
2- We both have the pre-settled status
3- He is financially dependent on me and I have some money transfer slips in hand to prove that he is financially depended on me.

I would also like to add he is currently residing in Pakistan any chance we can apply for him to join us here in the UK after 31st of Dec 2020?

Thank you very much.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:16 pm

No.

"Extended family members must apply before 11pm on 31 December 2020. After this, only close family members and unmarried partners will be able to apply."

Edit: Also, you would be unable to sponsor an Extended Family Member (EFM) while neither of you have settled status in the UK :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.