ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by limey10 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:19 pm

Hi jmcalla,

I am in virtually the exact same situation as you for my wife's ILR. Dates almost exactly the same also.

It is the silence that is most disturbing. However, with the current situation, we have no plans to travel even if we were allowed. We are loathed to escalate our case, or even request an update, based on the idea that someone chasing our details is someone that could otherwise be pushing our paperwork through. Yes, other categories appear to moving at different speeds. This may or may not be the case depending on what you choose to believe.

We have waited 5 years and spent thousands of pounds getting to this point. We're not happy, but we are perfectly prepared to wait a little longer for a positive result - there is no point in us getting upset, we'll just suck it up and wait. People are losing their lives worldwide and clearly far worse off than we are. To be honest, I'd rather get a vaccine than a visa.

HO opens back up Jan 3rd, hope you (and me) receive an answer soon after that.

Good luck, Phil

nevsito
England

Post by nevsito » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:21 pm

jmcalla wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:41 am
Hi everyone, I applied for my ILR Set M on 20th August, sent biometrics on 5th September (IDV App). I thought I had a very straightforward case, as in no dependants, both employed, applying in Cat D with cash savings... But still nothing! I've never received any communication either. Just thought I'd post here for other people who are in the same situation as me to see they're not alone :(
Hi jmcalla

Same situation with us, SET M, app date Sep 2, biometrics Sep 16. I am partner/sponsor and there is nothing complex about our case, absolute silence from HO but waiting patiently - as Phil says, there is nothing else we can do especially in this pandemic. Fingers crossed for all of us we get decisions soon

Take care, Nev

ntuleimat
Newly Registered

Post by ntuleimat » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:57 pm

nevsito wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:21 pm
jmcalla wrote:
Hi everyone, I applied for my ILR Set M on 20th August, sent biometrics on 5th September (IDV App). I thought I had a very straightforward case, as in no dependants, both employed, applying in Cat D with cash savings... But still nothing! I've never received any communication either. Just thought I'd post here for other people who are in the same situation as me to see they're not alone :(
Hi jmcalla

Same situation with us, SET M, app date Sep 2, biometrics Sep 16. I am partner/sponsor and there is nothing complex about our case, absolute silence from HO but waiting patiently - as Phil says, there is nothing else we can do especially in this pandemic. Fingers crossed for all of us we get decisions soon

Take care, Nev
Hi,
We are on the same boat too for SET (M) without dependents. Applied on 17th of August, Submitted on the IDV on 7th of September and still no news or contacts. We think our application is straight forward too. In the business world many people get fired if their performance is like the HO.

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by limey10 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:04 pm

It's comforting to know that we are not alone and that there are other people in the same situation as us.

Remember nevsito, in the business world, many businesses have failed over the last 10 months, many businesses don't have staff to be fired!

[/quote]

Hi,
We are on the same boat too for SET (M) without dependents. Applied on 17th of August, Submitted on the IDV on 7th of September and still no news or contacts. We think our application is straight forward too. In the business world many people get fired if their performance is like the HO.
[/quote]

maddyb
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by maddyb » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:23 pm

farrahs wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:31 am
Thank you. I am a single applicant so hopefully I can find some cancellation.... I can see some free slots and a couple of cancellation although still in 3/4 weeks time :( Will keep checking
mesn wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:37 am
farrahs wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:32 am
Can anyone share how you can find out cancellation appointment? At the moment the only availability is only in 28 days time but I would really like to book one asap and I dont mind paying more for it. Apart from checking throughout the day and having to enter postcode+clicking on each service point, is there any way to find out if there is any appointment slot closer to today? Thank you
Unfortunately no. There was some availability up North in Sunderland/Newcastle. One needs to keep checking. Also, easier to get 1 free slot. If you have multiple people on your applications, it needs that many free slots which makes it difficult.
Like mesn said, keep checking. I was lucky to get pick an appointment someone cancelled. Keep checking... All the best.

JeffWebb
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by JeffWebb » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:33 pm

jmcalla wrote:
Hi jmcalla,
I can add one more 'in a similar boat' application: my wife's SET(M); applied on 4th September and biometrics submitted via IDV app on 11th September. There has been an eerie silence from HO since then. Thankfully we can continue waiting with no urgent travel to undertake or ILR-dependent jobs to loose.

dinibhudia
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dinibhudia » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:58 pm

HI all, applied on 17th April 2020, no update except IDV app and upload biometrics. Past our 6 months and now on 9 month!! Nothing we can do, contact and wait for a reply!! everyday goes on check mail, junk mail and double checking, I cannot even access my application online any more.

All those waiting keep fingers crossed!!!

Wishing you all waiting good luck!

farrahs
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by farrahs » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:17 am

Thank you. I have booked an appointment for 21 Jan, so cannot see availability now :( it's quite away so not sure if I should cancel and see if I get any luck finding a closer one.... If anyone can see any appointment in the next 1 or 2 weeks then please let me know. Thank you.
maddyb wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:23 pm
farrahs wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:31 am
Thank you. I am a single applicant so hopefully I can find some cancellation.... I can see some free slots and a couple of cancellation although still in 3/4 weeks time :( Will keep checking
mesn wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:37 am
farrahs wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:32 am
Can anyone share how you can find out cancellation appointment? At the moment the only availability is only in 28 days time but I would really like to book one asap and I dont mind paying more for it. Apart from checking throughout the day and having to enter postcode+clicking on each service point, is there any way to find out if there is any appointment slot closer to today? Thank you
Unfortunately no. There was some availability up North in Sunderland/Newcastle. One needs to keep checking. Also, easier to get 1 free slot. If you have multiple people on your applications, it needs that many free slots which makes it difficult.
Like mesn said, keep checking. I was lucky to get pick an appointment someone cancelled. Keep checking... All the best.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:58 pm

'Tier 5': England faces possible new Covid restrictions, source says - The guardian :shock:
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ibnadam
United Kingdom

Post by ibnadam » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:58 pm

JeffWebb wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:33 pm
jmcalla wrote:
Hi jmcalla,
I can add one more 'in a similar boat' application: my wife's SET(M); applied on 4th September and biometrics submitted via IDV app on 11th September. There has been an eerie silence from HO since then. Thankfully we can continue waiting with no urgent travel to undertake or ILR-dependent jobs to loose.
Same thing here, a SET(M) September applicant. Submitted on 14th, attended biometric submitted on 27th. So far no contact at all :(

ntuleimat
Newly Registered

Post by ntuleimat » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:04 pm

Hi,
Our application is set (M) submitted on 17th of August with biometrics submitted via IDV on 7th of September.
I logged to the application now to find that in the Further Actions tab they are asking to book an appointment to provide biometrics and supporting documents by 17 October.
Does it mean that the submission on the IDV is no longer sufficient and we have to book an appointment? This is given we never received an email or letter about this.

Thanks,

DanaF
Scotland

Post by DanaF » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:14 pm

Approval came through this afternoon for our Set (O) application (November applicant, December biometrics).

Honestly wasn't expecting anything to happen this week so wasn't keeping an eye on my e-mails. For those still waiting, it appears there are a few people in the office this week, so hopefully there will be more approvals in the coming days. Good luck to all. :lol:

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:31 pm

DanaF wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:14 pm
Approval came through this afternoon for our Set (O) application (November applicant, December biometrics).

Honestly wasn't expecting anything to happen this week so wasn't keeping an eye on my e-mails. For those still waiting, it appears there are a few people in the office this week, so hopefully there will be more approvals in the coming days. Good luck to all. :lol:
Lucky you. Congrats...
Will be a special new year for you
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

DanaF
Scotland

Post by DanaF » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:58 pm

poper wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:31 pm
DanaF wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:14 pm

Lucky you. Congrats...
Will be a special new year for you
Thanks Poper, that it will be! I'd given up hope of a 2020 gift, so this was incredibly uplifting. I'm hoping that there will be a few more people getting good news over the next few days.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:34 am

Hi Guys,
QQ on BRP delivery. We got the ILR approval on 14Dec. Solicitor has received the BRP for our daughter and nothing for Me and Wife. Was expecting them to be delivered together as they are a part of the same application. She never got the delivery/shipping info for any of those as well. Do you think this is normal?
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:36 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:58 pm
'Tier 5': England faces possible new Covid restrictions, source says - The guardian :shock:
The latest is more areas under Tier 4 but no National lockdown. Good news on Oxford vaccine approval as well. https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bre ... t-23238142

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:37 am

mesn wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:34 am
Hi Guys,
QQ on BRP delivery. We got the ILR approval on 14Dec. Solicitor has received the BRP for our daughter and nothing for Me and Wife. Was expecting them to be delivered together as they are a part of the same application. She never got the delivery/shipping info for any of those as well. Do you think this is normal?
It can take 7-10 working days. Tracking info is not sent always.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:41 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:37 am
mesn wrote:
Hi Guys,
Thanks Cullinan. Solicitor says she is able to check with HO after 10 working days [tomorrow] but wasn't expecting them to arrive separately for each applicant.

bex654
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bex654 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:23 pm

Is there anyone still waiting for a decision since Oct submission and in person biometrics? :shock:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:28 pm

mesn wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:41 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:37 am
mesn wrote:
Hi Guys,
Thanks Cullinan. Solicitor says she is able to check with HO after 10 working days [tomorrow] but wasn't expecting them to arrive separately for each applicant.
You can call TNT and check if they have a delivery for you.

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:40 pm

bex654 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:23 pm
Is there anyone still waiting for a decision since Oct submission and in person biometrics? :shock:
hi bex, as u might know, i am still waiting, 1 nov applied and 13 nov bio. did you have dependents? i have dependents and i didnt put them for now eventhough they are eligible on 5 year basis. we still have a valid visa untill end of sep 2021. wondering if that i causing any delay for me ! i was also wondering why would changing employers cause delays? as i recently changed employer (july).i see some saying their application is straight forward as they worked for the same employer.
cheers

bex654
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bex654 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:09 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:40 pm
bex654 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:23 pm
hi bex, as u might know, i am still waiting, 1 nov applied and 13 nov bio. did you have dependents? i have dependents and i didnt put them for now eventhough they are eligible on 5 year basis. we still have a valid visa untill end of sep 2021. wondering if that i causing any delay for me ! i was also wondering why would changing employers cause delays? as i recently changed employer (july).i see some saying their application is straight forward as they worked for the same employer.
cheers
Hi Raj,

No. I dont have dependents and I dont think dependents cause much of a delay. My current visa expires in Oct 2021. I am not sure if they also take this into consideration when they prioritise reviews.

zeeshi1122
United Kingdom

Post by zeeshi1122 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:18 pm

Hello everyone,

My ukvcas appointment is on 4th Jan in enfield but enfield centre is closed.

I didn't get an cancellation email from ukvcas and i can still see my appointment for 4th what should i do?

Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:39 pm

zeeshi1122 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:18 pm
Hello everyone,

I didn't get an cancellation email from ukvcas and i can still see my appointment for 4th what should i do?

Regards
The cancellation email will come soon. Contact UKVCAS on twitter otherwise.

zeeshi1122
United Kingdom

Post by zeeshi1122 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:55 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:39 pm
zeeshi1122 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:18 pm
Hello everyone,

Regards
The cancellation email will come soon. Contact UKVCAS on twitter otherwise.
Thank you for your reply,

Shall i cancel the appointment and rebook somewhere else or wait for their cancellation email? As i know all the Ukvcas centres in libraries are closed due to tier 4 restrictions.