ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship after Settled status and CSI query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alena004
Newly Registered
Mood:
Czech Republic

British citizenship after Settled status and CSI query

Post by Alena004 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:26 pm

Hey guys,
please can I have your opinion, I keep reading those answers and I'm still not sure I understand this fully.

I moved to UK in 2006, was studying and self employed till 2012. I have paid NI contributions during this time.

From 2012 till 2014 I was self sufficient, I was in durable relationship and only paid for the health insurance in the Czech Republic, as I always used to prefer going back home to have medical checks there, or I went to private doctor in the UK, I have not used NHS during this time.

I have been employed from 2014 till last month when I was made redundant.

I have been given ILR in April 2019.

I have got a few questions and I will appreciate if you know the answers:

I wanna apply for BC, I wonder what would be the best thing to write as a reason for not paying CSI?

Im thinking to say that I was paying insurance in the Czech Republic as I didnt want to burden healthcare in the UK.. and when I needed health care I went private.
Does that sound reasonable?

I can see that HO can apply discretion, do you think that as I have worked and paid taxes etc 5 years prior and 6 years after being self sufficient, they would be happy with just that?

Also as I am now without a job, and I am thinking to be "self sufficient"again until I find another job, do I have to pay CSI? Or am I exempted as I have the settled status?

Do you have to pay CSI when on JSA and does claiming JSA that your BC application? Have any of you been on JSA? I wonder how much of evidence do they require to proof you are looking for a job. Is it ok to apply for BC while being unemployed?

Lastly can you travel after you have submitted application for the BC? I have already spent 90 days outside of the UK in last 12 months.

Apologies for having so many questions. I hope you can help me clear my head.
Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: British citizenship after Settled status and CSI query

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:14 am

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Alena004
Newly Registered
Mood:
Czech Republic

UKVCAS app

Post by Alena004 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:42 pm

I have received email from Home Office stating my application has been received and is being considered.
I have submitted my documents on UKVCAS website.
Could someone please tell me what are my next steps?

I can see that all appointments on UKVCAS website are fully booked so I have tried to download the app as it says it lets you send info to UKVI without having to book an appointment. How will I know if I need to wait to book an appointment or whether it will be enough to use the app?

Has anyone been told to use the app and if so, after how long of submitting your documents on UKVCAS website was it?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:45 pm

You have to keep searching for an appointment.

You cannot use the app anymore. The IDV app is no longer in use. It was stopped in mid September.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alena004
Newly Registered
Mood:
Czech Republic

Post by Alena004 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:20 pm

I see thank you for your reply.

So when HO said my application is being considered they wont do anything till I have booked the appointment anyway?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:30 pm

Alena004 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:20 pm
I see thank you for your reply.

So when HO said my application is being considered they wont do anything till I have booked the appointment anyway?
Correct. The email you received is simply a generic email.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alena004
Newly Registered
Mood:
Czech Republic

Post by Alena004 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:31 pm

Thank you very much for your reply.

Alena004
Newly Registered
Mood:
Czech Republic

UKVCAS

Post by Alena004 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:05 pm

Good Afternoon guys,

I am preparing for the UKVCAS appointment. Is there anything I must not forget other than obvious?
What if I have downloaded some documents from internet, or emails, do I need to print all those out for them?
Do I need original of both referee forms? Or can they be scanned accross to me and then printed out by me?

Thank you